Car insurance and road taxes

Scouse123

Hi,

Just a quickie, I have got my renewal for my car insurance which is straightforward. I have a further two bills which I am asking purely out of interest as my other half cannot seem to make me grasp this.

I have to pay 7028 baht which I am fairly sure is the equivalent of UK road tax to drive on the highways etc. there is then a small bill of 646 baht that want me to pay alongside the 17,500 annual car insurance and the only answer I get is that is for the " car plate " licence/ registration.

The small bill is compulsery government insurance ... everyone vehicle owner has to pay it ... you are correct about the road tax.. . It starts to reduce I think after five years.

The tax is actually called CPTL if you google that or Compulsery Government Car InsuranceThailand you will

will get full details of what is covered and why.

Edited by JAS21

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Scouse123,

The 646 is actually the compulsory insurance (it is usually 645.21 but i guess they rounded up?) and 17,500 is the voluntary insurance but the other 7028 is I am not too sure.

Be safe driving on the road!

Hi,

The 7028 is like vehicle excise tax or road tax which allows you to take rthe vehicle on the road, however, they do not give it you unless you have first got the compulsory insurance.

I have been doing my research! smile.png

Edited by Scouse123

Hi Scouse123,

The 646 is actually the compulsory insurance (it is usually 645.21 but i guess they rounded up?) and 17,500 is the voluntary insurance but the other 7028 is I am not too sure.

Be safe driving on the road!

Hi,

The 7028 is like vehicle excise tax or road tax which allows you to take rthe vehicle on the road, however, they do not give it you unless you have first got the compulsory insurance.

I have been doing my research! smile.png

Yes. well done ... you didn't have to search too hard though ... just to post No4... anyway please it's a happy outcome