Thai woman, Spanish boyfriend embark on around-the-world bike trip

Lite Beer

Thai woman, Spanish boyfriend embark on around-the-world bike trip
The Nation

PHUKET: -- A 20-year-old Thai woman and her 25-year-old Spanish boyfriend embarked on an around-the-world bicycle trip from Phuket at 7 am Sunday.

Paradee Homewong and Aleu Ayxandri Torre started riding from in front of the Phuket office of the Tourism Authority of Thailand in a ceremony held by senior TAT and Tourism and Sports Ministry officials.

The progress of their trip, which is expected to last seven years, can be monitored at Facebook Fan Page: Diary of a world Trip.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Thai-woman-Spanish-boyfriend-embark-on-around-the--30263783.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-05

geesus there are lots of negative naysayers and nambie pambies around on TV these days. bah.gif

May they have the time of their lives and enjoy every minute of it, good, bad and indifferent.

Did something similar myself at their age and it set the tone for the rest of my lifes outlook.

wonder where the $$ is coming from?>
i spent 16 months on a bicycle thru Nepal, India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia.

Met 3 Americans in 1985 in Lhasa that had been on the road 5 years an still had l many miles to go

Bets of luck to them

geesus there are lots of negative naysayers and nambie pambies around on TV these days. bah.gif

May they have the time of their lives and enjoy every minute of it, good, bad and indifferent.

Did something similar myself at their age and it set the tone for the rest of my lifes outlook.

unfortunately it is just a natural reaction when you read the words..

"started riding from in front of the Phuket office of the Tourism Authority of Thailand in a ceremony held by senior TAT and Tourism and Sports Ministry officials."

Good luck!!!!

I wonder if the young lass really knows what seven years in the saddle really means? Have to admit I am a little pessimistic and wonder just how far they will get.

IME Thais are not particularly good at outdoor exertion.

Maybe she has relations working in Pattaya? Yee haaa.

Recall what happened to other bloke and his family doing the same , in Khorat I believe ?

Ride carefully bicycle riders are becoming an endangered species here in Thailand. Ride single file not double breast while in Thailand and wear lots of bright clothing. Seeing as how their biking around the world I wonder what odds the British bookies are giving that they will make it in one piece. I often wonder if an insurance company will write you a policy under these conditions. Well God speed and be careful this is not the world of my parents or grandparents.

Good luck to em... sounds like a great trip...

And I also think its very savvy to get the most dangerous country out of they way first........

How about getting a train to the border and starting elsewhere. .. . Good luck to anyone on a bicycle in this country

I see them riding by and always think . . . No. Not for me. . .