Page Of Remembrance

Gonzo the Face

Rest in Peace Brian. You had an interesting varied life and now hopefully will have a long time to review what your friends shall say about you.... Be seein ya,,,,, but I hope not too soon.

....and yes, there were some real treasures in Brian's VHS collection, and still are... Billy Connolly, a lot younger, Fawlty Towers, and an unbelievable young young Tina Turner doing her thing...... Thank you Brian.

Clint "Gus" Guthridge has passed away in Melbourne from a short battle with stomach cancer.

Gus was based here with the Australian Federal Police and was well known for his photography and also from The Downunder.

Great guy to share a beer, joke or game of golf with........too young to go.

Deepest condolences to Nok and Matthew

Nice video thanks for sharing, the older planes flying in formation with the newer jets is incredible and striking.. It's obvious in a couple of them that the jet pilots are really struggling to keep them steady at that low speed being seriously buffeted by turbulence..

Also RIP to all of those mentioned in this thread didn't know any of you but it's obvious others did and appreciate the lives you lived, the people you were and the contributions and sacrifices you made.

Edited by WarpSpeed

• 3 weeks later...

Three years ago this week since the horrific and senseless murder of David Crisp at his home in Lakeland, where he was bludgeoned to death by three young shan and Akha men he befriended.

Memorial article on this news site

Never had the opportunity of meeting the man, but it is good that others remember him fondly.

I did however click on the above link and when scrolling down to the final picture, to me..... there is a very striking resemblance to another , of all coincidences , another David C, That being the PM of the UK, David Cameron.

Is it just me or does anyone else see this resemblance?

G

Not to wish ill on any soul,and not to add to the page if it is before his time, but someone just told me that The Andy Gill had passed on.....

However you feel/felt about Andy, he is/was a character...

Any one know any thing about this...... last I heard he was living in UK or back in Europe//

gonzo

Greetings gonzo and thanks for the thread topic, for all of the reasons given and the reminder of ones own mortality.

Am back in Blighty at the mo' and will creak open the old grey matter and see what names emerge - am normally so far behind the curve that all I see is straight trail wai.gif

Regards to All for their pained or pleasured contributions,

Brewsta

Recent sad additions to the growing list..........\

Ivan Barnes.

Davey Bosco Jones.

Robbie Wallis.

R.I.P. all and I'm having a beer in remembrance.

PM or call me if you need more info.

Phil 086 910 4450.

Is that the Davy Jones who hung out at the Hash Pub all the time?

Ivan Barnes.

Davey Bosco Jones.

Robbie Wallis.

Phil 086 910 4450.

yes, used to.

Ivan Barnes.

Davey Bosco Jones.

Robbie Wallis.

Phil 086 910 4450.

yes, used to.

And he was one of the nicest guys God ever put breath into.

He had a great life.

• 4 weeks later...

Ivan Barnes.

Davey Bosco Jones.

Robbie Wallis.

Phil 086 910 4450.

yes, used to.

And he was one of the nicest guys God ever put breath into.

He had a great life.

He certainly did.Came to Chiang Mai many years ago after he retired.He was Irish I think?

His old photos were hanging on the wall of the Hash Pub.

Wasn't he the chief Magistrate of The Gambia before they obtained independence?

And yes BB, he certainly was a gentleman and very nice bloke.

• 2 months later...

Gosh almighty, not another one..... just 2 days ago was remarking to another friend about how quiet this thread has been...... not wanting to see it active in this way....

BB my thoughts and prayers are with you and your extended family.... I know they will miss you very, very much, and so will I .... Know that you are in a good place now with some old friends, but make sure you save space for those who have not found the exit path yet.

Thank you for all your help and kindness.

G

and thank you Nienke for the very quick headsup

Edited by Gonzo the Face

I have just been advised that another mate has tragically died, Ian you were a great bloke. As in real life as online. Opinionated, sarcastic and a low tolerance of fools. We shared those characteristics and many more. I'll see you in heaven mate, keep a seat ready for me.

Matt

(Chiang Mai, May the 29th)

A very sad news cam to me on Sunday...

P'Nu from Blue Sky Bar is gone... RIP

as she knew most of the expats mentionned down here...

we may consider her as a friend, at least for me, she had always been a good friend of a lot of guys mentionned here, helping each-other from time to time...

I feel very sad, as it a large part of my life which is gone for ever... life!

guys who could say thanks and good bye are for most of them part of this topic...

I'll never forget...

we may consider her as a friend, at least for me, she had always been a good friend of a lot of guys mentionned here, helping each-other from time to time...

guys who could say thanks and good bye are for most of them part of this topic...

I'll never forget...

The petite, very pleasant middle aged lady with impressive gray hair, yes?

Oh heck. Unfailingly pleasant with a very good memory for names, faces and favourite drinks. An excellent hostess in every way.

She's gone far too soon. RIP.

(I think you meant April 29).

I'll never forget...

The petite, very pleasant middle aged lady with impressive gray hair, yes?

Oh heck. Unfailingly pleasant with a very good memory for names, faces and favourite drinks. An excellent hostess in every way.

She's gone far too soon. RIP.

(I think you meant April 29).

yop, sorry, time.... of course April, it doesn't change a thing anyway ;)..

we'll miss her dearly :(

• 5 months later...

I just heard that Azriel Cohen passed away in his sleep, I presume in the States as New Jersey was the last place he posted from on Facebook. Anyone who used to hang out regularly at The North Gate Jazz Co-op will remember him. He was always painting groovy and impressionistic black and white ink drawings of the performers.

Does anyone know anything about this?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to inform the forum of the unexpected passing away of Mr Jan Hovland husband of Mrs Berit Hovland. Jan passed away last week Monday 28th January from a heart attack. The cremation was held today at Mckaen cremation facility at 1:30pm.

Mr Hovland was a kind and true gentleman all of the time, always smiling.

Jan you will be truely missed. To Mrs Hovland I would like to share my sincere condolence.

The hand over of the ashes cerony will take place on this coming Friday 8th February.

• 1 month later...

Just caught this one. Another good mate gone. The last thing he said to me was, "you'll be back!" I said I didn't think so. I was wrong, but now won't have the pleasure of seeing his reaction when I do return. Good bloke. R.I.P. Max.