All New Pajero Sport

By Mitsubishi Thailand

Mitsubishi Motors join the Bangkok International Grand Motor Sale 2015

Mr. Morikazu Chokki, President and CEO of Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) Co., Ltd. unveiled about Mitsubishi line up at Bangkok International Grand Motor Sale 2015 which will be held between August, 1-9 at BITEC Bangna that the All New Pajero Sport will be introduced as the world premiere at the event along with a full range of Mitsubishi product. Also, special campaigns will be offered to all Mitsubishi customers.

• World premier introduction
  • Mitsubishi the All-New Pajero Sport: Designed for Perfection... With the concept of “Stylish & Comfortable off-road SUV”, the new car harmoniously balances high levels of Sophisticates Design, Premium Comfort and Advance Features that accommodates the diversification in consumer tastes and caters to the luxury-minded consumer which is the result of the focus on; Surpassing competitors by taking the all-new Pajero Sport’s off-road performance to a new level; Revamping not just its static elements of quality - the exterior and interior appearance and comfort - but also its dynamic elements of quality - the vehicle dynamics, quietness and ride; and Thinking “outside the box”, developing with meticulous details to lavishly incorporate the most advanced equipment. Also, the special campaign will be provided to all booking customers.

http://www.farangmoto.com/thailand/index.php/82-mitsubishi/329-mitsubishi-motors-join-the-bangkok-international-grand-motor-sale-2015

Delica_space_wagon.jpg

Before anyone panics, no that's not the new PJS - that's a Delica MPV smile.png

out of curiosity, does it have more than 100hp? All minivans seems to be running on moped engines

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By Mitsubishi Thailand

Mitsubishi Motors join the Bangkok International Grand Motor Sale 2015

Mr. Morikazu Chokki, President and CEO of Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) Co., Ltd. unveiled about Mitsubishi line up at Bangkok International Grand Motor Sale 2015 which will be held between August, 1-9 at BITEC Bangna that the All New Pajero Sport will be introduced as the world premiere at the event along with a full range of Mitsubishi product. Also, special campaigns will be offered to all Mitsubishi customers.

• World premier introduction
  • Mitsubishi the All-New Pajero Sport: Designed for Perfection... With the concept of “Stylish & Comfortable off-road SUV”, the new car harmoniously balances high levels of Sophisticates Design, Premium Comfort and Advance Features that accommodates the diversification in consumer tastes and caters to the luxury-minded consumer which is the result of the focus on; Surpassing competitors by taking the all-new Pajero Sport’s off-road performance to a new level; Revamping not just its static elements of quality - the exterior and interior appearance and comfort - but also its dynamic elements of quality - the vehicle dynamics, quietness and ride; and Thinking “outside the box”, developing with meticulous details to lavishly incorporate the most advanced equipment. Also, the special campaign will be provided to all booking customers.

http://www.farangmoto.com/thailand/index.php/82-mitsubishi/329-mitsubishi-motors-join-the-bangkok-international-grand-motor-sale-2015

Delica_space_wagon.jpg

Before anyone panics, no that's not the new PJS - that's a Delica MPV smile.png

out of curiosity, does it have more than 100hp? All minivans seems to be running on moped engines

I has a 150HP 2.0L gasoline engine - and a price to make your eyes water: 1.75M Baht +50K for leather.

• 2 weeks later...

According to rumors, the new PJS will have only a small increase in price (25-50K) over the outgoing model, but includes a fairly large list of added features:

New 2.4L 181HP Mivec diesel (as used in the new Triton)

8 Speed AT

4 wheel disc brakes

7 Airbags

Traction & stability control with hill assist etc

Upgraded super select 4WD system on the top model

Front collision avoidance and blindspot warning

360 degree camera

Dual zone climate control

Prices should be around 1.25M for the 2WD GT, and around 1.4M for the 4WD GT.

Edited by IMHO

Sounds like a winner providing:

a) The new PJS is slightly less ugly than the new Fortuner (not difficult) and

B) The new 2.4L engine has less turbo lag than the old 2.5L VG Turbo.

Wonder if the 3.0L V6 will continue?

Sounds like a winner providing:

a) The new PJS is slightly less ugly than the new Fortuner (not difficult) and

cool.png The new 2.4L engine has less turbo lag than the old 2.5L VG Turbo.

Wonder if the 3.0L V6 will continue?

The new 2.4L is pretty immediate in the 6-speed Triton, one can only assume it'll only improve with an extra 2 gears.

IMHO, it looks more 'upmarket' then the Fortuner, but those rear taillights are asking for some aftermarket lenses ;)

There will be no 3.0L V6 at launch..

According to rumors, the new PJS will have only a small increase in price (25-50K) over the outgoing model, but includes a fairly large list of added features:

New 2.4L 181HP Mivec diesel (as used in the new Triton)

8 Speed AT

4 wheel disc brakes

7 Airbags

Traction & stability control with hill assist etc

Upgraded super select 4WD system on the top model

Front collision avoidance and blindspot warning

360 degree camera

Dual zone climate control

Prices should be around 1.25M for the 2WD GT, and around 1.4M for the 4WD GT.

I wonder how the ride will b compared to the everest...200K less than the top spec 3.2 everest is making it look like good value, but the 2wd is about the same as the 2.2 everest. I assume the pjs will have a rear camera?

I assume the pjs will have a rear camera?

It will have 360 degree cameras, according to sources. i.e. not just rear view, but all the way around the car.

Here's what that looks like in a Benz GL class:

Guess we'll see what the PJS version looks like tomorrow.....

I assume the pjs will have a rear camera?

It will have 360 degree cameras, according to sources. i.e. not just rear view, but all the way around the car.

Here's what that looks like in a Benz GL class:

Guess we'll see what the PJS version looks like tomorrow.....

That looks cool, can that be left on all the time so we can see what is going on around us when driving? I'd like to see what is going on behind me when I'm driving, especially with bikes?

And does it have GPS too? That would set it apart from the everest.

The 360 degree camera system I used on an X Trail switched off above a preset speed. While it was great for parking, it would be minimal use for driving at speed, even if it did not switch off, at least IMO. Looking and checking a mirror is faster than looking at a small screen and adjusting to the different light and focus.

However my eyes are not great and the PJS and other systems may be different so YMMV.

Edited by Jitar

better cabin than i thought http://paultan.org/2015/07/31/new-mitsubishi-pajero-sport-first-look-at-the-cabin/

ok so its based on the triton but they did a reasonable update. Still, it doesn't rival the Toyota or Ford imo

If you were only comparing it against the Fortuner the Pajero Sport looks aggressively priced - e.g. the top spec 4WD Mitsu is a full 200K Baht cheaper than the Toyota equivalent (1.4M vs 1.6M).

However, what's also clear is that the Everest has been aggressively priced in this market.

In all cases, when comparing these 3 you're going to have to decide on what feature compromises you're willing to make - not one of them matches the other on features at a given price point.

Fortuner buyer's have to make the most compromises - no matter what level you compare at, you're getting less features for more money.

Everest buyers at the top end need only to concede keyless entry/start and get to drive away with a spec sheet the others just don't compete with, but in the lower and mid range, Everest buyers need to concede quite a lot when comparing to the Pajero Sport.

The Pajero Sport leads the value for money fight against Everest and Fortuner - and does so with a few "best in class" claims of it's own (8AT, best FE, 360 camera, roof mounted entertainment screen).

In short, "which PPV?" topics are going to continue to be hotly debated :P

The only safe way to avoid losing a spec-list "game of trumps" is the Everest Titanium+

Edited by IMHO

If you were only comparing it against the Fortuner the Pajero Sport looks aggressively priced - e.g. the top spec 4WD Mitsu is a full 200K Baht cheaper than the Toyota equivalent (1.4M vs 1.6M).

However, what's also clear is that the Everest has been aggressively priced in this market.

In all cases, when comparing these 3 you're going to have to decide on what feature compromises you're willing to make - not one of them matches the other on features at a given price point.

Fortuner buyer's have to make the most compromises - no matter what level you compare at, you're getting less features for more money.

Everest buyers at the top end need only to concede keyless entry/start and get to drive away with a spec sheet the others just don't compete with, but in the lower and mid range, Everest buyers need to concede quite a lot when comparing to the Pajero Sport.

The Pajero Sport leads the value for money fight against Everest and Fortuner - and does so with a few "best in class" claims of it's own (8AT, best FE, 360 camera, roof mounted entertainment screen).

In short, "which PPV?" topics are going to continue to be hotly debated tongue.png

The only safe way to avoid losing a spec-list "game of trumps" is the Everest Titanium+

^^^^ Excellent comparison layout!! thumbsup.gif

here we go.. i was going to buy a used one and save myself some monthly payments. but no you guys had to keep talking about awesome features.

and now im gonna have to pay 15k per month on a car instead of 10k.. good job guys good job

bah.gifbah.gif

Buying used just doesn't make sense because a new model has just been introduced and the new model is leaps and bounds ahead of the old model. The PJS/Everest/Fortuner are much more advanced than their predecessors.

If you want to see a good review there are some on You Tube as Mitsu Outlander 2016.

The Outlander is a compact SUV, the Paj Sport is not.... I dont see the relevance of an outlander review in a discussion about it's bigger brother.

Article By Mitsubishi Thailand

Mitsubishi Motors launch All-new Pajero Sport in Thailand -- “Stylish & Comfortable Off-road SUV -- Designed for Perfection --

new_pajero1.jpg

Bangkok, August 1, 2015;

ü Mitsubishi Motors Thailand (MMTh) announced the world premiere of “The All-new Pajero Sport : Designed For Perfection” for Thai market and go on sale at Bangkok International Grand Motor Sale during 1-9 August, 2015 at BITEC Bangna and at 220 dealerships throughout Thailand today.

ü With concept of “Stylish & Comfortable Off-road SUV”, the new car harmoniously balances high levels of Sophisticated Design, Advance Features and Premium Comfort that accommodates the diversification in consumer tastes and caters to the desire for greater luxury with 3 trim levels; GLS-LTD, GT and GT-Premium with attractive price ranging from 1,138,000 -1,399,000 Baht.

ü Make booking from now to 30 September 2015 and receive the car within December 31, 2015 to get special promotion; The introductory price for GT-Premium model; Free 1st class insurance “Diamond Protection” and Free Genuine Accessories Package value 14,000 Baht for all models.

http://www.farangmoto.com/thailand/index.php/82-mitsubishi/339-all-new-pajero-sport

here we go.. i was going to buy a used one and save myself some monthly payments. but no you guys had to keep talking about awesome features.

and now im gonna have to pay 15k per month on a car instead of 10k.. good job guys good job

bah.gifbah.gif

Buying used just doesn't make sense because a new model has just been introduced and the new model is leaps and bounds ahead of the old model. The PJS/Everest/Fortuner are much more advanced than their predecessors.

True, but old models are still decent competition for the Trailbaizer and MU-X - and a used PJS 2WD GT will cost you around half of both of those tongue.png

Edited by IMHO

If you want to see a good review there are some on You Tube as Mitsu Outlander 2016.

The Outlander is a compact SUV, the Paj Sport is not.... I dont see the relevance of an outlander review in a discussion about it's bigger brother.

Well My Mistake .They are all funny little truck things to most ,except serious ferangs. An SUV is to most is a V 8 with more BHP per Ton than a Honda City at 125 Bhp.

Wonder why Mitsu employed the lads from Ssangyong to design it ?

Site?

I think he probably means the..ahem...questionable looks. It's another one of those Mitsui oddballs that you either love or hate the design. It sure doesn't send me, but still is the 2nd best in class. To quote the diplomatically worded and normally pro-all Japanese auto section of BK Post "Wow! That’s quite a radical-looking SUV...."

Article By Mitsubishi Thailand

Mitsubishi Motors launch All-new Pajero Sport in Thailand -- “Stylish & Comfortable Off-road SUV -- Designed for Perfection --

new_pajero1.jpg

Bangkok, August 1, 2015;

ü Mitsubishi Motors Thailand (MMTh) announced the world premiere of “The All-new Pajero Sport : Designed For Perfection” for Thai market and go on sale at Bangkok International Grand Motor Sale during 1-9 August, 2015 at BITEC Bangna and at 220 dealerships throughout Thailand today.

ü With concept of “Stylish & Comfortable Off-road SUV”, the new car harmoniously balances high levels of Sophisticated Design, Advance Features and Premium Comfort that accommodates the diversification in consumer tastes and caters to the desire for greater luxury with 3 trim levels; GLS-LTD, GT and GT-Premium with attractive price ranging from 1,138,000 -1,399,000 Baht.

ü Make booking from now to 30 September 2015 and receive the car within December 31, 2015 to get special promotion; The introductory price for GT-Premium model; Free 1st class insurance “Diamond Protection” and Free Genuine Accessories Package value 14,000 Baht for all models.

http://www.farangmoto.com/thailand/index.php/82-mitsubishi/339-all-new-pajero-sport

Now I see it in the flesh its not that nice looking. Trying to hard, lipstick on a pig etc