Car over 7 years Tax Sticker renewal.

Thailand

For those that are not aware.

Renewal of tax sticker on cars over 7 years old requires a "vehicle inspection" certificate. Very easy to do.

The nearest inspection place to the Mae Hia offices is diagonally opposite Big C behind the new block of townhouses. Just a few minutes and payment of THB200 and the certificate is issued.

On to the Mae Hia government offices, 200 yards on the left just before Big C.

Documents required:

Insurance certificate.

Receipt for payment of road tax.( The form at the bottom of your insurance certificate)

Blue Book

Vehicle Inspection certificate.

Money, (depends on the car and age)

Go to the first desk on the right ( ground floor) If docs are in order the lady will issue a ticket.

Just beyond the desk is the one stop renewal desk, your number will be called, normally very quickly. Docs and cash and your sticker is issued.

If you have not already paid the "road tax" (form at bottom of insurance certificate) the desk for that is again on the ground floor,far end top right corner.

Or save all the running around and go to ProAuto who will do it all for you - inspection, insurance and tax. No need to visit Land Transport office especially for those unfamiliar!iar with the process.

The whole running around including inspection took less than 30 minutes, hardly difficult.

But then I would not employ a visa agent to do something that is equally easy.

Or save all the running around and go to ProAuto who will do it all for you - inspection, insurance and tax. No need to visit Land Transport office especially for those unfamiliar!iar with the process.

The whole running around including inspection took less than 30 minutes, hardly difficult.

Quite true but for some it may be easier to pay an extra 100 bt to have it processed. The queue for tax payment and sticker can often be up to 45 minutes alone.

I'm just putting up the option as ProAuto are now a sponsor, directly opposite ban wangtan and operate a very professional service Including vehicle inspections.

LOL. It won't be found faulty unless you do it at some tax/inspection shop that wants to sell you some part or another. If it's a light bulb or something then by all means have that replaced but it won't be 'spending'. If it is then pick one a couple doors down the road.

Wait a minute. If car is inspected and found faulty, they won't issue sticker and neither will Land Transport give out new Reg papers. So if car a clunker, be ready for spending.

Based on the "quality" vehicles I see on the road, I would guess no car ever fails.

Any of the many private inspection stations ALL OVER town will provide this service.

Wait a minute. If car is inspected and found faulty, they won't issue sticker and neither will Land Transport give out new Reg papers. So if car a clunker, be ready for spending.

A pick-up truck in front of me had no brake light functioning and the rear left wheel has 5% braking on the dynamo-meter test. They told him to go have it checked and issued the inspection certificate anyway.

Documents required:

Insurance certificate.
Receipt for payment of road tax.( The form at the bottom of your insurance certificate)
Blue Book
Vehicle Inspection certificate.
Money, (depends on the car and age)

Just a little correction: the form at the bottom of PRB ( compulsory insurance ) is the proof of insurance that they want to issue the Road Tax sticker.

The receipt for payment of of road tax and sticker will be given to you after you paid the road tax.

It is 5 Km from my house to an inspection facility. It is 50Km from my house to the Land Transport Dept.

you guys are right about getting a vic doubt if any one gets refused,my last visit I had just had a 50k service from Honda,and when I went for my vic,the guy just lifted the bonnet looked around,closed it and gave me the certificate,must have looked clean under the hood or something.