North Korea: Pesticide factory may have sinister purpose, report says

webfact

North Korea: Pesticide Factory May Have Sinister Purpose, Report Says
By CHOE SANG-HUN

NEW YORK: -- A pesticide factory recently visited by the North Korean leader Kim Jong-un may be used to produce biological weapons, like anthrax, according to an online report posted Thursday.

On June 6, the state-run North Korean news media reported that when Mr. Kim visited the Pyongyang Biotechnical Institute, he was so happy with scientists’ work there in developing insecticides that he “wanted to carry them on his back.”

Full story: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/10/world/asia/north-korea-pesticide-factory-may-have-sinister-purpose-report-says.html

-- The New York Times 2015-07-10

Kim Jong Un Tours Pesticide Facility Capable of Producing Biological Weapons: A 38 North Special Report
By Melissa Hanham

Executive Summary

North Korea’s biological weapons program got a lot less secret on June 6, 2015. The same day that a defector reportedly fled the country carrying 15 GB of human testing data,[1] North Korea’s state media published photos of Kim Jong Un touring a facility ostensibly for the production of pesticides. However analysis of the images reveals that the facility—the Pyongyang Bio-technical Institute—can produce regular, military-sized batches of biological weapons, specifically anthrax.

Full story: http://38north.org/2015/07/mhanham070915/

-- 38north 2015-07-10

These kinds of reports always make me think that the public are being prepared for some sort of aggression against whatever country it is the report is demonising.

That's not to say I think NK is not deserving of demonisation...I think it is.

If things come to a head with China in the South China Sea, NK may in fact be the first target.

I've heard this story once before but I think it was in Iraq. What did they find there, nothing. George W got it wrong.

Although I am not doubting that there could be WMDs there, just get it right this time Mr. Kim Bond. After-all who can trust the fat kid with the bad hair cut, and likes playing with toys that he has absolutely no comprehension of what they will do to his little play-ground.

These kinds of reports always make me think that the public are being prepared for some sort of aggression against whatever country it is the report is demonising.

That's not to say I think NK is not deserving of demonisation...I think it is.

If things come to a head with China in the South China Sea, NK may in fact be the first target.

Really.

Remember the aspirin factory in Sudan.