TAT confident to hit next year’s tourism revenue target at THB800 bn

Lite Beer

It is wonderful to read all the "BELIEFS" that some hold as facts and to that end I wish we could access factual graphical representation of tourist revenue as it will then allow me to make an informed appraisal of the situation. Facts after all cannot be argued with.

If anyone has a link that reflect tourist revenue in Thailand that would be appreciated? AND before you reply I do not mean a blog from a red shirt about a guy that stayed in a hotel room next to a Chinese person that only spent 200 baht a day on holidays...I mean real facts, not beliefs.

Going by tourist arrivals below which have shown record arrivals not before witnessed in Thailand are not an indicator that allows me to comment on this. Although a strong confidence builder for the Junta and a sign they returned stability to Thailand it does not reflect the revenue earned from the tourists and in fact due to the global economic downturn I am also a bit hesitant to agree with these figures stated above.

You can't even leave a redshirt reference out of this subject?

But well...everyone, who works in a tourism related company could give you massive examples.

Europeans travelling to Thailand: down

US Americans travelling to Thailand: down

Russians travelling to Thailand: down

Reason: political instability and the weak Euro/ Dollar/ Ruble and (in some cases) economical problems in the homecountry!

The sheer numbers of Chinese might be up- but that is not the point.

In per capita, they might weigh out the Europeans/ Americans/ Russians (although i highly doubt it!), but it is the revenue, that counts.

I am dealing with hotels on a daily basis and all bitch and moan about the Chinese, filling up the rooms, but not leaving the same amount of money!

Same goes for restaurants, bars, local shops- because the Chinese travel in big groups and pre- book almost EVERYTHING and not at the high prices, the Europeans did!

Do I have statistics?

Nope!

Do I have experience?

Yes!

Even most (Thai) hotels and most (Thai) DMC's or (Thai) travel agents admit, that TAT is pulling all and every number out of a whole, that seldome sees sunlight!

They just do- believe it without "statistics" or let it be!