Made a mistake booking Air Asia / done my money?

Razzler1973

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance, and definitely not worth the time even trying. I fly Air Asia and have lost out on a couple

of tickets. Will not go into details, but you have to go over everything with a fine tooth comb, triple

check everything before you push the buy button. Sorry Dude, just part of the low price. They expect

a certain number of mistakes which go toward there bottom line.

Maybe someone had done it before but did manage to somehow get a refund or change of location. There's a lot of things not in the rules but you get them done anyway

If two people came along and said 'yeah, they said that to me but I did xyz and got 50% back' then that would be a useful experience. If people came here and said 'forget it, tried everything but rules is the rules' ... these would be examples of posters experiences, you see ...

Money not the end of the world but making the mistake has annoyed the bloody hell out of me!!

My wife made a mistake, she put June instead of April. They did agree to amend the ticket but the cost of amendment was more than the original price.

We just took the bus in April and had another trip to Ubon in June.

OP, you mentioned the "Vendor" Did you book directly with Air Asia or use a booking company?

The reason I ask this is that I actually had 10,000 baht taken through a very BIG online booking company with an office in Thailand.......they took my money but failed to deliver blaming the airline blah blah blah. In the end they just kept my money. In this case there was no error just their greed !!!

OP, you mentioned the "Vendor" Did you book directly with Air Asia or use a booking company?

The reason I ask this is that I actually had 10,000 baht taken through a very BIG online booking company with an office in Thailand.......they took my money but failed to deliver blaming the airline blah blah blah. In the end they just kept my money. In this case there was no error just their greed !!!

Expat brad what exactly happened? Paying 10k and getting nothing? Agent and airline not delivering? Sounds awful. You can always go to the police in thailand if you think you have been scammed.

Expat brad what exactly happened? Paying 10k and getting nothing? Agent and airline not delivering? Sounds awful. You can always go to the police in Thailand if you think you have been scammed.

It was not the airline it was purely the online agent. It's a drawn out story but anyway........

I booked my flight using a Krungthai Visa Debit Card. Payment was accepted/receipted too then 2 days later booking denied as they don't accept Debit Cards ( they took the money out anyway). Then they sent a message saying that the carrier had cancelled my flight. I called the carrier (Virgin) they stated that the booking was cancelled due to the agent NOT paying them in time. After contacting the agent many times (on hold for over 1hr at a time) they finally said that I would be refunded after 30 days. 30 days came & went.

By the time I came back from Oz it was well over 2 months since it happened..........Thai Police said why wait so long to report it plus way too much head scratching & muttering going on. Basically too hard basket for them !!! So there it is.

I will never book a flight again using an online booking company, direct only from now on.

I would love to mention the company involved but This is Thailand & I am a farang !!!

So you made a mistake and it's their fault? Lesson learned. I love air Asia.

Erm, no ... you haven't been reading, have you?

It's my fault. I am well aware of that ... what I am asking for is if anyone has had experiences of actually getting something rectified (for a fee) or if they stick with their 'terms and conditions'

I think when you call them within 5 or 10 minutes of the booking there should be some flexibility. I understand them not wanting passengers chopping and changing plans after booking but this is hardly that

What's annoying I am usually soooooo careful with this kind of stuff that it wouldn't even be an issue so kicking myself.

I have resigned myself to booking a new flight (Nok Air) and then maybe still attempting a refund, anything I get back is a bonus. If I nearby their offices in BKK I may pop in

I booked directly with Air Asia on a credit card

'The Vendor' is usually how the bank refers to the entity you paid, in this case Air Asia themselves. There's usually a lapse between authorising the payment and the vendor taking the money. In the past it's been 2 days even. Doesn't matter though, once authorised you can't recall

They didn't do anything, it's my error it's the lack of flexibility that is annoying even if it's within their rules. It's not a 'waa waa I changed my mind' situation it's literally a wrong thing pressed and instant realisation! That's damn harsh!

Hi

Go to manage my booking on the webpage .Change your fight for a surcharge.Airport tax etc transferred to new ticket,Don't worry all is not lost

I could change my flight for another day, even next year, I believe but I am paying for that and I also have no idea whether I will be in that place on whichever date next year either. You can't change the destination or origin

I will damn well be checking in for that flight and making sure it's an empty seat ... I damn well paid for it! :D

Based on my experience of flying Jetstar, they were more than happy for me to change the return leg of my ticket.... for essentially the price of a new ticket.

same for British Airways.

Have you flown with them at all in recent years nontabury? I disagree that your statement matches up with current reality

I have flown 6 times with BA over the last 2 years to London on economy discount tickets (typically GBP 600 to 700 on a from BKK basis if booked a few weeks in advance for an out-of-high-season price. The two times I changed the return leg, including one last month, BA charged a change fee of about GBP 50 plus whatever the differential in fares would be (in the first case that was about another GBP 50 and last month it was an additional GBP nil). This matches or betters the policy of the Big 3 Arab carriers.

I should not be advertising this fact - most falang have got used to flying via desert sheds because "BA are cr@p and expensive". That might have been the case 3 years ago - certainly was on fares with BA prices being typically GBP 200-300 more than the Arabs. Not now.

But please, keep flying Emirates, Etihad and Qatar guys. I need to keep good availability and pricing on BA for myself.

Most people seem to be stuck in a time warp of believing that Air Asia are a cheap discount carrier and that you should be happy with cheap flights and expect to be treated like $hit if something goes wrong. This is outdated thinking. Firstly Air Asia are not a particularly cheap carrier (if you are a user on a route where other cheap carriers also fly I am sure you will agree with that). Secondly the newer wave of discount carriers do not all treat you with the same disdain as Air Asia.

Example - mistake of name on booking. Yes - silly me, used daughter's nickname not legal given name. Nok Air at Ubon airport for the first leg of an Ubon to Krabi trip- "sorry sir there is an admin fee of 400 baht to change that name" "Fine, thank you - I was stupid and that is a fair charge" Air Asia at Don Meuang - "sorry sir that is the wrong name; you must buy another ticket in the right name" "But but...". "No exceptions sir, it's company policy, that will be 2,200 baht please"

5.1 Confirmation of Booking: The booking of a Seat is confirmed after full payment of the fare is made and after we issue you a booking number and/or the Itinerary. Once confirmed, the booking cannot be cancelled and payments made are not refundable.*

* may vary by particular AirAsia subsidiary.

http://www.airasia.com/my/en/about-us/terms-and-conditions.page

Some airlines have a 4, 6, 8, 12, 24 hour full-refund cancellation window, but these are more full-service airlines. Having a (up to 24 hour) free cancellation period is good customer service, but does incur expense processing refunds and dealing with follow-on CS issues.

Some airlines also allow you to "hold" a reservation (booking but not yet ticketed) for up to 24 hours, during which time they will honor the fare basis, but the total price might vary slightly owing to FX. Again this is more for full-service airlines, and/or it might be a service they extend to tiered customers.

Based on my experience of flying Jetstar, they were more than happy for me to change the return leg of my ticket.... for essentially the price of a new ticket.

Have you flown with them at all in recent years nontabury? I disagree that your statement matches up with current reality

I have flown 6 times with BA over the last 2 years to London on economy discount tickets (typically GBP 600 to 700 on a from BKK basis if booked a few weeks in advance for an out-of-high-season price. The two times I changed the return leg, including one last month, BA charged a change fee of about GBP 50 plus whatever the differential in fares would be (in the first case that was about another GBP 50 and last month it was an additional GBP nil). This matches or betters the policy of the Big 3 Arab carriers.

I should not be advertising this fact - most falang have got used to flying via desert sheds because "BA are cr@p and expensive". That might have been the case 3 years ago - certainly was on fares with BA prices being typically GBP 200-300 more than the Arabs. Not now.

But please, keep flying Emirates, Etihad and Qatar guys. I need to keep good availability and pricing on BA for myself.

Great if it works. I was booked with BA to fly to London on 11th June, on the 10th they cancelled the flight. BA say I must contact the booking agent for a refund but the booking agent, Opodo, is not responding so still struggling with that one.

Great if it works. I was booked with BA to fly to London on 11th June, on the 10th they cancelled the flight. BA say I must contact the booking agent for a refund but the booking agent, Opodo, is not responding so still struggling with that one.

You were at LHR with a valid BA ticket to Bangkok. When BA cancelled the flight they are still obliged to get you to Bangkok. What alternatives did they offer? Hotel and a flight the next day? Fly you to Hong Kong with a connecting flight with Cathey Pacific to BKK? It seems strange they cancel the flight and then tell you to seek a refund with your booking agent.

I bought tickets for two adults and two children in April for flights next month, then tried one month ago to bring the dates forward a couple of days for each direction. When I contacted BA direct, through their Indian call centre I was quoted more than an additional 50% of the initial price. I would add that I asked for the new dates that had the lowest fares as I did in the original booking.

You were at LHR with a valid BA ticket to Bangkok. When BA cancelled the flight they are still obliged to get you to Bangkok. What alternatives did they offer? Hotel and a flight the next day? Fly you to Hong Kong with a connecting flight with Cathey Pacific to BKK? It seems strange they cancel the flight and then tell you to seek a refund with your booking agent.

You have got it the wrong way round, I was booked to London. Options were next available flight or cancel for refund. Next available flight was out, it was 2 days later and not enough time for me to get to Sheffield and back to Heathrow for my onward flight to Canada.

Many airlines will change a ticket for an administration fee if you contact them very quickly (matter of minutes not hours). I did this with Nok Air last week. Cost me 300 baht to change the return leg which I had accidentally booked for the same day when I meant to book the following day. I have done this before (or failed to call quickly enough - can't remember) so I knew that importance of getting on the phone straight away.

Pretty sure I have seen this being a published feature with British Airways. I think it is usually an informal thing that airlines will do at their discretion.

Air Asia? Forget it - the customer is always wrong if there is money in it for Tony Fernanadez. I saw once that his PR team had said that he wished he was liked more! It's easy to see what's not to like.

If you can change a ticket for a fee, change it for free or can't chance it at all depends not only what airline you have but also the ticket class.

normally speaking the cheaper the ticket, the less flexible they get.