Want to rent out my house, info needed

carlyai

No lawyer needed, real estate agents have pre drawn contracts that are fair to both you and the tenant. Usual 2 mths bond, 1 mth rent in advance, agent takes

one month and is repsonsible for well being of your prooperty, collect rent and pay to you, attend to repairs if needed etc (unless you want to do it

yourself and would not recommend).

Be warned the market is very overcrowded with houses/condos and very cheap rentals are available. I just rented a condo in Pratamnak Hill for

18k bht down from 25k and there were several similar deals offered to me.

Two agents I can recommend as both a tenant and landlord - Alan Boulton Realy in 2nd Road, around the corner from Villa Maart, see Patrick, good agent.

Coastline Realty, Soi Diana, left hand side near girlie bars see Poom very capable and efficient.

I have a home in East Pattaya and it is rented now for 6k less than I was getting 5 years ago, but it just depends whether you want it rented or sitting empty!

Hope this helps.

I rented my house (short term 3 months). I have no contract, just a "gentleman's agreement" because I think they're not worth the paper they're written on and besides, I'm not interested in going to "war" to enforce it if needs be,... life's too short......But that's just me

my wife works for a very good agent ,who as stated earlier does the contract but as also was said there is a glut of houses ,she toko on 3 yesterday alone , and you have to be very competative to get a renter , there is a lovely house in the next street to us ,the rent is ok and the for sale price is very good ,she has had many viewings but it is still empty after 2 years or more.its tough out there ,also the banks are clamping down very hard on loans ,wonder why?

Edited by i claudius

A few hints:

There are loads to rent at the moment so your place must stand out, so it must be totally immaculate and stylish if you are going to achieve a decent rent. Every tap must gleam, no tatty paint work, get a power washer and clean up outside.

I not saying it is not fabulous at the moment, but think about decor; a few new cushions can make a difference. Take away any personal stuff.

Are you providing linens, pots and pans etc? Linens should be new What about the mattresses / pillows I personally would not rent a house unless the mattresses / pillows were replaced with brand new ones.

You will need a detailed list ( with prices ) of the contents.

There are some good agents- East Coast near VT7 are good.

You need to sort out things such as who pays for air con servicing, minor repairs, replacement light bulbs.Is there a pool? Do you allow pets? Who looks after the garden ?

Maybe I am being very fussy, but you need to place yourself in the shoes of a future tenant looking around the place.

Go to your local Land office and get the official rental forms, 1 in Thai and the other in English plus the Government stamps for the Parties to sign over. Add your own conditions e.g whether to allow sub letting to the Lessee. Get at least 6 Months rent in advance plus a sensible refundable deposit to cover damage Make arrangements for transferring energy and water bills and remember to cancel any existing standing orders/direct debits for these. Get meter readings done on day of handover and make payments. Check with your Revenue Office to see if tax needs to be paid on the rent. They may say that only Businesses have to pay this. I'm not sure.

It would be sensible also to inform the Insurer that a tenancy is to come about. If the place was to suffer one of Thailand's notorious electrical short circuits and burn down then that could place you in a very unenvious position.

I assume you are Thai. I say that because you refer to it as your house!

This is important, because if you are not the legal owner you can't rent it out legally, its the real owner who must do the contract.

Edited by technologybytes

This is important, because if you are not the legal owner you can't rent it out legally, its the real owner who must do the contract.

Sorry, my wife's house. Being married for 27 years and both of us working in Australia, Thailand, Indonesia and China sometimes leeds me to forget that we are not a single unit.

I should have titled it 'My wife wants to rent out her house, info needed'.

The trouble is my wife has never rented this house out before,that's why I asked for info.

Sorry, my wife's house. Being married for 27 years and both of us working in Australia, Thailand, Indonesia and China sometimes leeds me to forget that we are not a single unit.

I should have titled it 'My wife wants to rent out her house, info needed'.

The trouble is my wife has never rented this house out before,that's why I asked for info.

A previous,poster said to get 6 months rent in advance,sorry but. Nobody will pay this ,the normal is two months deposite plus the first months rent, also whereabouts is the house? Not the address but the area,it makes a massive difference to rental

A previous,poster said to get 6 months rent in advance,sorry but. Nobody will pay this ,the normal is two months deposite plus the first months rent, also whereabouts is the house? Not the address but the area,it makes a massive difference to rental

The house is in Suksabai Villa or in Soi 17 or new Taprassit Soi 8. On the high side so it never floods.

Has been zoned city and takes about 20 min to walk to walking street.

I had some good suggestions about some agents, and that may be the way to go as we will be upcountry for extended periods.

Trouble is finding an agent who not only 'talks the talk', but 'walks the walk'.

The house is in Suksabai Villa or in Soi 17 or new Taprassit Soi 8. On the high side so it never floods.

Has been zoned city and takes about 20 min to walk to walking street.

I had some good suggestions about some agents, and that may be the way to go as we will be upcountry for extended periods.

Trouble is finding an agent who not only 'talks the talk', but 'walks the walk'.

My wife works for a very good agent been here 12 years , and has an excellent website , if you would like to contact her please pm me ,but as i have said before ,houses are not that easy to rent (unless they are cheap smaller places which usually rent to Thai people) i am sorry if sometimes i sound like a wet blanket ,but i see it all the time as i do take an interest in my wifes work ,which by the way she loves. anyway best of luck.

No big secret, that rentals & sales have "softened" somewhat, although prices still rising in certain areas.

Seems to me, that buyers, sellers & RE folks are in some kind of a "holding-pattern": = " Let's see how the next "High-Season" turns out!

If the next "High-Season" should turn out to be rather below expectations again, a good part of market participants may take this as the final clue, that the "Premier Sea Side Resort" of S/E Asia has definitely seen it's better days.

In such an event, a further and accelerated "price-softening" would be more than likely.

As of today, buyers and sellers have one thing in common: They have all taken their seats at the poker-table.

Cheers.