How do I find an apartment in Thailand?

fitnesspm

I've been using booking.com & Tripadvisor to find a place to stay in Thailand for 4 months. I wish to lower my costs by getting an apartment.

How do I find a good cost effective apartment in Koh Samui or in Phuket? When i tried to Google, i only found expensive apartments. I'm paying about 15,000 baht a month but wish to pay less than 10,000 baht if possible.

You might try the classified ads on this site. Look to the top of your screen for classifieds. When it opens choose "advanced search".

I found 19 apartments for 10K or less labeled Phuket. I don't know if this direct link will work.

Cheers

Edit: That link does appear to work. Be sure to scroll down until the listings begin.

Cheers

Are you just trying to get ideas or are you trying to book something? I would think that you should go there and do your search. Stay in a guest house near where you want to live and start looking. Then you can make the best choice from your available options. I don't even like accepting a hotel room for one night without looking at it. Some options will not be on the Internet.

Maybe if you are arriving in high season that would be more difficult.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Find a bar girl to help you.

Now that's a great Idea Chris... I done that before as well.. I ended up upgrading her room for her for 3 months in soi bukaoew (sorry brain fade for got how to spell it) as it was cheaper. She washed my clothes and ironed my shirts. she went to work as well so she wasn't around a lot and well she was available if u get my gist when she came home. had a great time and still friends with her.

Archived