Somyot wants new pistols for Thai police

webfact

Thai cops should only be allowed to carry a gun on duty. They should be left in a gun locker and signed in and out .....way to many of them drink and act like maniacs when off duty.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The true price is not 18,000 on top of this is VAT and other costs so my wife has been informed bumps the price up considerably!

Who buys, (not bites) the bullets?

Follow the money. Who's got exclusive Thai distribution rights for Sig Sauer?

I'm all for better pistols for the BIB (and not $$$ out of their own pockets), but where's the bids from HK, Glock, S&W, and others?

I think there are only two or three importers that can get import licenses. Even exclusive agents have to import through them. Last time I checked Sig Sauer was Swiss but this model is being manufactured in the US, so they might be exporting from there. Not sure if 18k is the buying or selling price. The Interior Ministry already has a huge welfare program that imports guns to sell to civil servants at a discount to local retail prices which are 5 or 6 times US MRSP. But they are still marked up a lot. The Interior Mimistry's program accounts for far greater imports than the total import quotas it grants gun stores all over Thailand. Police complain that many of the welfare guns turn up in the hands of criminals or are illegally exported after being reported lost or stolen by their civil servant owners who include people like village defence volunteers.