daoyai

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry wrong key still having eye treatment we are not all perfect

no loss to cm if the bars close in that area

was it for tourist or the low life of cm

The bars in that area were closed a long time ago.

The Old Bell huh I ate one meal in the place and never weng back the worst food ever actually the food only a Englishman would think was good as a few were carring on about the dry roast beef as great.

All is OK, the BKK Post has an article with some general saying its all a misunderstanding and before anything can be enforced they need to review the entertainment zones.

Is that a u-turn?

All is OK, the BKK Post has an article with some general saying its all a misunderstanding and before anything can be enforced they need to review the entertainment zones.

Is that a u-turn?

Since no-one had the balls to point out how stupid and impractical this law was at the time it was drawn up then this is how they react once the complaints come flooding in. Since some notices were actually issued then we can only interpret it as a u-turn.

Is that a u-turn?

Since no-one had the balls to point out how stupid and impractical this law was at the time it was drawn up then this is how they react once the complaints come flooding in. Since some notices were actually issued then we can only interpret it as a u-turn.

Maybe this shows once again that the military are not capable of running a country? Befehl ist Befehl only works when you hold a gun against the head of the victim.

Is that a u-turn?

Maybe this shows once again that the military are not capable of running a country? Befehl ist Befehl only works when you hold a gun against the head of the victim.
No need for the 'maybe'.

Is that a u-turn?

I certainly hope so, but it's difficult to know with this government. I know I can't post a link to the article, but a search on "Paiboon: Secton 44 alcohol ban 'misunderstood'" should turn it up.

I'm aware "secton" should be "section". It's not my misspelling, that's how it's spelled by the BP.

Is that a u-turn?

Well for not being capable they seem to be doing a lot more than the capable ones stopping the graft and making the streets safe to walk on. Does your understanding of the word capable mean unable to admit a mistake and carry on with the error? There is an article from a much more reliable source than Thai Visa or any sources Thai Visa will allow that says there is going to be a 180 day hold on that while they decide what is entertainment areas and what is not. Now that is going to be interesting.whistling.gif

Is that a u-turn?

I certainly hope so, but it's difficult to know with this government. I know I can't post a link to the article, but a search on "Paiboon: Secton 44 alcohol ban 'misunderstood'" should turn it up.

I'm aware "secton" should be "section". It's not my misspelling, that's how it's spelled by the BP.

Your 2 last sentences made my day! Thanks for bringing a ray of sunshine to this sour humorless forum.

Is that a u-turn?

This is the same justice minister who said the distance should be increased to 500 meters

re

too late ... the rats are leaving :(

the maiphai bar which is opposite the dixy pig in soi 2

was open last week but closed on friday !

anyone want to rent a bar with no beer ?

dave2

post-42592-0-66262700-1438043959_thumb.j

Is that a u-turn?

Well for not being capable they seem to be doing a lot more than the capable ones stopping the graft and making the streets safe to walk on. Does your understanding of the word capable mean unable to admit a mistake and carry on with the error? There is an article from a much more reliable source than Thai Visa or any sources Thai Visa will allow that says there is going to be a 180 day hold on that while they decide what is entertainment areas and what is not. Now that is going to be interesting.whistling.gif

I am interested to know in what way has "he" " stopped the graft ...and made the streets safe to walk on" ??? seriously, are you in any less danger walking on the street here, now ? .... my guess is 180 days will be long enough for the matter to be forgoten and plenty of time for more kooky edicts, proclomations and repression.

Here we go again, round 3. Note the last sentence. biggrin.png

Military government backpedals on booze ban

The Thai government will spend six months mapping out new entertainment zones to clarify where alcohol can and can not be sold.

After banning by vaguely worded decree all sales of alcohol “near” school property, a member of the military government said yesterday it will start making a new map of sanctioned entertainment zones where alcohol sales are allowed.

The comments from Justice Minister Paiboon Koomchaya added another mixed message to the conflicting signals from authorities since confusing the public this past week with two competing orders issued under Section 44.

Just yesterday the national police spokesman reiterated in state media that “the majority of entertainment venue operators in Bangkok are willing to obey the new regulation calling for all establishments offering alcoholic beverages to be located away from education institutes by at least 300 meters.”

Days after telling Bangkok Post he wanted the ban extended to 500 meters, Minister Gen. Paiboon was quoted again in a story published late last night there is no radius in the "misunderstood" ban.

“The minister said it would take 180 days to draw up new entertainment zones that would clarify where alcohol could and could not be sold legally,” according to the story by King-oua Laohong. “Until then, there's nothing that says existing operators cannot sell booze within 300 metres of any school, he added.”

Full details here coconuts

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok July 28, 2015

I am interested to know in what way has "he" " stopped the graft ...and made the streets safe to walk on" ??? seriously, are you in any less danger walking on the street here, now ? .... my guess is 180 days will be long enough for the matter to be forgoten and plenty of time for more kooky edicts, proclomations and repression.

I have no idea what you are talking about and I suspect you don't either. I said stopping not stop. It will always be going on (in any country) but when you are stopping it that does not mean it is stopped. I don't know what conspiracy news papers you read but it is indeed safer to walk the streets now.

I have no idea what you are talking about and I suspect you don't either. I said stopping not stop. It will always be going on (in any country) but when you are stopping it that does not mean it is stopped. I don't know what conspiracy news papers you read but it is indeed safer to walk the streets now.

Did they catch that serial rapist yet?

whistling.gif

I felt completely safe walking the streets before the coup, and I feel safe now.

I felt completely safe expressing an opinion before the coup, now, not so much.

So situation normal is it? I.e. Back to where we were before this law?

yes, but every bar is worth less now that people are aware that it could end after someone's bad hair day.

Agreed, repeated crackdowns and backdowns make for a very insecure business environment. This drives down the value of businesses and reduces interest in starting new businesses or upgrading existing businesses. It's bad for an already struggling economy.