Spanish Resident of Pattaya found dead in his Central Pattaya apartment

webfact

Maybe he just slipped and hit his head. Tiled bathrooms are a dangerous place.

been there read the book, seen the film. 6 years ago slipped on a tiled floor after coming out of a shower in a hotel in Bangkok and smashed my elbow on the floor, it hurt so bad I thought I was going to have to have it glued back together. This was 12 hrs before I was due to fly back to the UK, after eventually getting to a hospital and having it x rayed it was found to be dislocated and the doctor said they were going to make 3 attempts to relocate and if that didn't work it would have to be operated on and pinned. It went back first time and I got my flight but half way between Bangkok and Mumbai the morphine started wearing off. when we built our house in Thailand I made sure that all bathrooms had non slip tiles fitted but found out that normal floor tiles are lethal when wet and even the outside tiles I thought were fine are lethal without footwear when wet, sometimes I miss carpets ..........

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the average life expectancy in Pattaya? (Age)

Something to consider before retiring there.

except he hadn't retired if he was only 53 now and he came here 11 years ago?ermm.gif

Hey, I retired at 33, and came here, Pattaya, 30 years ago. Had dinner with a couple of 70+ and an 80+ on Monday. Among Farang friends I'm the youngest. Among Thai friends I'm the eldest. @Razer's post in BS.

It could be anything really, suicide , murder, accident. But as always this is the only news clip we'll read so it will always end up in speculations.

been there read the book, seen the film. 6 years ago slipped on a tiled floor after coming out of a shower in a hotel in Bangkok and smashed my elbow on the floor, it hurt so bad I thought I was going to have to have it glued back together. This was 12 hrs before I was due to fly back to the UK, after eventually getting to a hospital and having it x rayed it was found to be dislocated and the doctor said they were going to make 3 attempts to relocate and if that didn't work it would have to be operated on and pinned. It went back first time and I got my flight but half way between Bangkok and Mumbai the morphine started wearing off. when we built our house in Thailand I made sure that all bathrooms had non slip tiles fitted but found out that normal floor tiles are lethal when wet and even the outside tiles I thought were fine are lethal without footwear when wet, sometimes I miss carpets ..........

I slipped on a melted ice cube, of all things, and severely busted a knee. I could have been killed by that bloody ice cube.

Slipped hit his head on door handle which locked the door, just joking, why would he lock the bathroom door if alone in apartment unless he wanted to clock out?

Farang think too mutt.

Well he was apparently locked in the bathroom so we can eliminate a few of the standard TV theories.

Too young to die.

In Thailand, door locks can be locked before closing it from the outside.

Nevertheless, sad event, sad for the daughter and his relatives in Spain or Thailand.

R.I.P. Mr. Garcia

Very true, perhaps more suspicious then... would he have locked the door had he been alone in the apartment?

People think this is not a newsworthy event but of course it is, a quite young foreigner dying in a relatively small town.

Police were called...

These things always follow a similar path.

1) Alcoholic westerner.

2) Thai ex-gf still hanging around

3) Death

In most cases I am sure 1 is the cause of 3 more than 2, but we'd all be better off with less of all three.

"These things always follow a similar path."

In many cases the path was well-established before the individual fled his dismal life in Farang Land in the hopes of finding something in Thailand that had eluded him back in Farang Paradise. Assuming everything was hunky-dory prior to coming to Thailand and that health, drinking, relationship problems suddenly arose once the person arrives here is naive and simplistic. Many people bring a lot of baggage with them.

Others arrive in Thailand in good shape in all those areas and continue to do well. Some/Many actually discover life in Thailand is actually all they hoped for and more.

Said the know-it-all about Thai society based in ... Pattaya! cheesy.gif

Do not tell me that she did not have a key to they room. Hit head so easy to say another Thai suicide or drunk accident. Check cameras and find the material the caused the head wound that caused death. RIP my friend!

Never ceases to amaze me, with responses on this formum...

Why people hate Thailand so much, yet troll all day long.... If you been burnt by a Thai female, Male, Katoey, will nobody forced you... I can bet, you got what you wanted from them... People do die any age, and stupid comments re Suicide, welcome to Pattaya, just boring as hell......

Agree - Absolute death traps. It happened to an old friend of mine recently. Non slip tiles should be compulsory in bathrooms - and kitchens.

Do not tell me that she did not have a key to they room. Hit head so easy to say another Thai suicide or drunk accident. Check cameras and find the material the caused the head wound that caused death. RIP my friend!

Maybe he didn't want her to have a key to the room. If I had split up with my girlfriend, I wouldn't want her bursting in and finding me in an "uncomfortable" position! Maybe no cameras in the room - none in my house! "Find the material that caused the head wound". "RIP "my friend" Did you know him?

Your name says it all.

Yes. Its that simple sometimes. Also sounds like he was fond of the booze. Wet tiles got me and my daughter the other night. Down bang, no injuries, but we were both inches away from a tiled step with a nice point at the end. It can be that simple.

Well....were you and your daughter in the shower together???

I am not sure what sort of strange question this is, however, no both on our way to the bathroom at different times.

Anyway she's only 7 and we do shower together sometimes. Anyway its not a real shower, a tub and a ladel operation.

The point is that the area outside our bathroom is tiled and gets wet from a leak in our guttering when it rains really heavily. That's where we both slipped over. The point is, that can be a very easy mistake to make.

when we built our house in Thailand I made sure that all bathrooms had non slip tiles fitted but found out that normal floor tiles are lethal when wet and even the outside tiles I thought were fine are lethal without footwear when wet, sometimes I miss carpets ..........

My bathroom has "textured" tiles that are reasonably safe when wet. I still bought a rubber mat for the shower tray.

But my worst experience was on my balcony in the rain. The tiles never seemed slippery when dry but just a touch of rain and I went over like a bowling pin. Luckily only my pride was hurt but it could easily have been final.

Edited by KittenKong

One might think that living in Thailand is something of an unofficial death sentence ...

I believe the question is, do you want to go out saying, wow, what a ride -or- be pushed across in a wheelchair...

Having said that, given a long enough timeline, the mortality rate for all of us goes to zero, no matter what the cause...

What is the average life expectancy in Pattaya? (Age)

Something to consider before retiring there.

except he hadn't retired if he was only 53 now and he came here 11 years ago?

Some people retire early. I did. Some people dont need to work at all, even if they do it on a small private income and dont mind living fairly frugally. Thailand is still a reasonably good place for that, though anyone who drinks a lot might prefer another country where booze is cheaper.

True statement. I'm getting close to pulling the pin on the west @ 40. Worked hard. Iinvestment properties, shares & cash and I'll be living a healthy lifestyle on relocating ?

These things always follow a similar path.

1) Alcoholic westerner.

2) Thai ex-gf still hanging around

3) Death

In most cases I am sure 1 is the cause of 3 more than 2, but we'd all be better off with less of all three.

"These things always follow a similar path."

In many cases the path was well-established before the individual fled his dismal life in Farang Land in the hopes of finding something in Thailand that had eluded him back in Farang Paradise. Assuming everything was hunky-dory prior to coming to Thailand and that health, drinking, relationship problems suddenly arose once the person arrives here is naive and simplistic. Many people bring a lot of baggage with them.

Others arrive in Thailand in good shape in all those areas and continue to do well. Some/Many actually discover life in Thailand is actually all they hoped for and more.

Not disagreeing with you at all.

I think the majority of westerners who are down and out in Thailand were at least someway along that path before arriving. Having said that, if one isn't careful, Thailand does have a way of taking even the smallest of psychological holes and turning it into a gaping chasm.