Topless protest in Canada urges women to 'bare with us'

Lite Beer

Topless protest in Canada urges women to 'bare with us'
By The Associated Press

WATERLOO, Ontario (AP) — Dozens of topless women — and men — attended a "Bare With Us" rally Saturday meant to educate the public about women's right to go shirtless if they choose.

The rally and march were organised by three sisters who were stopped by a police officer for biking topless a week ago.

Local media reports said people were waving banners and wearing body paint with messages including "everyone has the right to NOT be harassed" and "Bare With Us! They're just boobs!"

Musician Alysha Brilla said she and her sisters were not wearing shirts while cycling in Kitchener, Ontario, on July 24 when a male police officer drove up beside them and told them to cover up because it is the law.

Brilla said told the officer he was wrong and that when she started filming the interaction on her cellphone, the officer said he had only wanted to check if the women had proper bells and lights on their bicycles.

Ontario women have had the right to go topless in public since 1996.

A similar incident in June garnered headlines after an 8-year-old was told by city staff in Guelph, Ontario, to cover up while she was in a wading pool wearing only a swim bottom.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-08-02

Been around in the US for quite a while, notably New York with some high profile law suits but quite a few states with 'top freedom' laws in place. Some get around it by charging them with 'public nuisance'. biggrin.png Places in green, including Canada, are top free areas. Topless Laws.

topless_map_with_MX_clean_1.jpg

great moniker: Bear with us. Love it.

In a similar vein, this morning I heard about an official PAC (political action committee) in the US called: 'Go Ahead, Drink the Cool-Aid'

You may not want to know this, but I'm a nudist also (sorry for the imagery). I've got rural properties in Thailand which are large and secluded enough, I and my friends can stroll around nude, and only chipmunks and owls blush when they see us. Please don't tell authorities, they'll want to bust us as quickly as they stopped investigating the Ko Tao murder case. Priorities in Thailand: Nudity bad, whereas abject corruption and murder and rape: mai pen rai.

It's all because of stone-age, religious beliefs that led people to believe they should ashamed of their bodies. (I'm not a nudist, btw)

There are, or were, many places with warm climates where men and women went topless. Some cultures changed after their introduction to religion by missionaries. Women should be able to take their shirts off just like men. If some uptight people don't like it, it's their problem.

Look, fact of the matter is, breasts are nice to look at, and touch, when allowed. I like big ones, small ones, Mellon-shaped, mango-shaped, tennis ball-shaped. Soft ones, hard ones, even fake ones.

Anyway, the point is...I forget what the point is.

T

So they have a right, a police officer made a mistake and they find it necessay to organise a protest about it.

I'm sure they can find more useful things to protest against.

Put yourself in their shoes. They want the right to bare their breast(s) the same as you do. Men obsess to much about this functional female attachment. God most certainly did not treat them all equal so women take corrective measures to balance mother nature out. Oh vanity they name is woman. Of course when I was younger now that's a different story. My motto is if you've got it flaunt it regardless of what sex you are.

Edited by elgordo38

Been around in the US for quite a while, notably New York with some high profile law suits but quite a few states with 'top freedom' laws in place. Some get around it by charging them with 'public nuisance'. biggrin.png Places in green, including Canada, are top free areas. Topless Laws.

topless_map_with_MX_clean_1.jpg

Thanks Tywais. Would the red colored states have Republican governors? Just kidding. I do not wish to discriminate I am sure the Republicans are breast lovers as well.

Edited by elgordo38