Do Thais really save 30% of their income?

not every thai saves 30%

My wife ( even good selary - 1k$ ) is not able to save 1% she told me just yesterday ;

But some save 100% temporarely, when theis assets are frozen by court,

or blocked as Guarantee to be out of Jail :-)))

( that only might cover 30%% Hi hi ;

They do save but not beyond their next Honda Click, Nose Job or Boob Job. It's a vanity culture.. gotta have this and if they can't buy it at once, they get it on loan.

Do you really hate your adoptive country?

You've described 100% of every western country. Yet make it sound like thais are a different breed of inferior beings for wanting things.

In fact, in the western world, if a woman does not get one of those 2 things she will most likely go on anti depressive medication and lead a terrible life untill death while in Thailand she will focus on other happy things.

Edited by bearpolar

What we have so far:

1/ a macro economics - explanation. Too difficult, forget it. Have another beer.

2/ the numbers of the World Bank are an average - In Thailand there are no average Thais, only filthy rich and desolate poor, and OK yes, a very very small middle class

3/ the observations from many posters, who claim that most Thais can not / do not want to save money.

Edited by nidieunimaitre

Actually, they save 30% of yours and my income...wai2.gif

My wife does not!

Goes to the market with 1.000 baht, spends it all.

Goes to the market with 2.000 baht, spends it all.

I wish I was not too lazy to go with her, but then other problems would arise, such as farang pricing or hurting my head (see threads now active).

I am doomed to stay at our swimming pool, while my wife enjoys not saving money.

Actually, they save 30% of yours and my income...wai2.gif

My wife does not!

Goes to the market with 1.000 baht, spends it all.

Goes to the market with 2.000 baht, spends it all.

I wish I was not too lazy to go with her, but then other problems would arise, such as farang pricing or hurting my head (see threads now active).

I am doomed to stay at our swimming pool, while my wife enjoys not saving money.

I am certain your wife is not guilty of this...but many Thai wives will spend 300 of the 2000...tell you they spent all of it...and pocket the remainder...

Must be truefacepalm.gif thats why the majority of Thais are up to

their necks in debit,its a must have society,must have now.

regards Worgeordie

Its a world wide problem created by plentiful and cheap money. Governments want you to go into hock over your head its good for their business buddies. Banks are the really big winners

Can we talk, LOL? "Some people" have it in for corporations and banks. However these entities have made more people wealthy than ever before. If you had bought $1,000 worth of Microsoft, Amazon, or even Coca Cola back in the day you'd be a multi millionaire. Same with Walmart and many others. This all in your adult lifetime.

Bottom line is that banks and corporations are people like you and me - stockholders. If someone thinks they know how to rip people off and get rich off the poor then he should simply buy some stock and get in on this fabulous deal.

Thais and many others are in debt not because someone held a gun to their heads, but mostly due to their own poor money management. Banks are no different from 7-11 in that if you have the means they will sell you all of the product you ask for.

Cheers.

That World Bank chart is hugely misleading, the headline says that household debt in Thailand is approaching the level of rich nations, 83% of GDP in Thailand versus 96% of GDP in the UK. Fine and good except the difference in value of GDP in those two countries is phenomenally large, one being only 10% of the other, $373 bill. vs $2,942 bill., not quite in the same league!

Rich Thais save (property/businesses) and they have 99% of the wealth. You can ignore the other 99% of the population, all of whom owe money.

'It's the same the whole world over, its the poor what gets the blame; it's the rich what get's the pleasure. aint it all a bloomin' shame.'