Karen activist Billy's wife wants her husband’s disappearance to be treated a special case

webfact

Karen activist Billy’s wife wants her husband’s disappearance to be treated a special case

6-8-2558-15-07-08-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The wife of missing Karen activist Porlajee “Billy” Rakchongcharoen on Thursday lodged a complaint with the Department of Special Investigation to accept her husband’s disappearance as a special case.

Miss Pinnapa was accompanied by Mrs Angkhana Nilapaichit, head of the Justice for Peace Foundation, when she lodged the complaint this morning. She also demanded to know the result of a DNA test of blood stain taken from a car of the chief of Kaeng Krachan national park accused of being responsible for Billy’s disappearance.

Ms Pinnapa complained today that there has been no progress about her husband’s case since he was last seen on April 17 last year. Also, she said she was living in fear because she was often threatened by her neighbours and missionaries in her village not to pursue her husband’s case as she might disappear too.

Pol Maj Woranan Srilum, director of the special cases centre, received the complaint letter from Ms Pinnapa. He said that the case was still under investigation and added that the blood test in question was being checked and, therefore, could not be disclosed.’

However, he did not commit himself whether the case would be accepted as a special case or not.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/karen-activist-billys-wife-wants-her-husbands-disappearance-to-be-treated-a-special-case

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-06

Disgusting. The wife of a millionaire (Chuwong) can get the National Police chief involved in his case but this poor lady has to beg for justice when it appears quite likely that officials were involved in his disappearance. I love Thailand and most of the Thai people I associate with, but I hate the Thai government (elite) idea of justice. It is cases like these that the PM should be looking at... not whether bars and restaurants are 300 vs 301 meters form a school !!!

This is the sort of stuff that get's Thailand a dreadful reputation.

Most know what happened to Billy, but they just want to keep sweeping it under the carpet as they have done for decades.

I hope she gets the support to let the international community know what's going on here in Thailand.

The police, military, government officials and especially MPs, are a national disgrace!

I think this has been covered nicely by the first 3 comments , however Bill's wife is amongst many loved one's that have disappeared over the years and relying on the Clowns in Brown to solve practically anything is pushing the limits of miracles , one of the most easy cases was the importation of luxury car parts, that has still to be worked on , Billy's wife has tried to get interest in her husband's disappearance last year , hidden factors ( Nice way of putting it ) would possibly be getting in the way, as I said last year, I wish you well in your endeavours. coffee1.gif

Unfortunately she has about as much chance of getting any meaningfull attention and even less chance of any resoloution as a snowball in hell surviving more than 10 seconds.

As a already said, the application of law in Thailand stinks unless you're connected and then it is weighed in your favour anyway.