Juthamas to be indicted over bribes from Hollywood executives

webfact

I suppose it is always a good thing to see a minister charged with corruption. But my question is, are any of the current ministers corrupt? And if so, are they being charged? How many current mayors, provincial governors, and cabinet ministers have been charged with corruption, to date. They could start with the Samui mayor.

Why do the Thai press articles say the alleged offences took place in 2010? They took place between 2002 and 2007 and Juthamas and her daughter were indicted in a US federal court in 2009. Despite the reams of evidence provided by the US Justice Department, and the US convictions of the bribe payers, the Thai attorney-general claimed the evidence was incomplete and delayed the process for years. See account on World Bank website: http://star.worldbank.org/corruption-cases/node/18645

The same thing happened when the US Justice Dept sent crate loads of evidence relating to the bribes, involving a Thaksinite minister, paid for the CTX scanners at Suvarnarnbhumi that failed to detect Kamronwit's Saturday night special. The attorney-general claimed the translation was incomprehensible and the case has never been pursued.

Justice delayed is justice denied.

And who was controlling the OAG during those years?

The answer should help explain why no prosecutions or extradition assistance was offered.

How "unusual" Thaksin appointed Ministers and Officials are found to be involved in substantial corruption and despite overwhelming evidence the OAG takes no action and offers feeble comment. Like inciting terrorism and insurgency but can't be prosecuted because out of the country at the time.

Edited by Baerboxer

You talk as if the opposition Democrats weren't corrupt.

They were as corrupt as Thaksin's minions. That's what all politicians in this country are like, irrespective of their allegiance.

The OAG was no better under the Democrats at jailing corrupt politicians.

I suppose it is always a good thing to see a minister charged with corruption. But my question is, are any of the current ministers corrupt? And if so, are they being charged? How many current mayors, provincial governors, and cabinet ministers have been charged with corruption, to date. They could start with the Samui mayor.

Yes. No. Not enough.