Major operator gathering aims to improve public transport serving Pattaya

Rimmer

Top stuff....but what about really improving the transport systems in Pattaya by addressing the absolute chaos and the unbelievable amount time it is taking to build this viaduct at the Klang Intersection

Over a year now of traffic chaos year no noticeable progress.. ...how many deaths, hospital cases and accident claims from this death trap to date ??

A huge cost and inconvenience is being borne by road users for the benefit of money saved by ??? in a construction contract which does not serve a reasonable time frame.

Let's hope the owners of the "top 2" bus companies doing most of the private charter work will attend this seance and some one speaks up about their drivers - some the most arrogant and poorly skilled coach drivers on the planet.

Over a year now? Are you sure?

Well Well ,having an other meeting after meeting,after meeting,Talking more shit .Get the government to Police what they talked about time after time.Get heavy with the rogue public Transport drivers and Mafia Taxis and make it a Law to turn on their meters/and treat normal people like Humans,,If they don't put the Greedy A Holes in Jail !

Long Beach Garden Hotel & Spa

Try getting there using public transportation. Beach road in Jomtien is the closest you're gonna get, then walk or put your life at risk riding pillion.

Edited by Rimmer
font size

Has any work ever been done to create public transport on Samui? It has got to be the most underserved spot on earth, outside of the Sahara Desert, when it comes to public transport. Other than the tuck tuks, which have no uniform pricing, and charge like banshees due to a total lack of regulation, there is nothing. One cannot count the mafia taxi, who charge 200 baht for a 1 km. ride. No buses, no monorail, nothing.

I heard a story some years ago, that a Danish Consortium had offered to build an $800 million dollar monorail system all the way around Samui, free of charge. Their motivation was to use it as a sort of a pilot project, for a new design. It was turned down by the Surat Thani government. When my friend in the Danish embassy inquired about it, he was told that it was impossible for the government officials to skim a percent of the construction budget, when the project was done at no cost. Some real visionaries in the Surat government. Talk about looking after your people.

Don,t understand any need for improvement ! In my opinion the best transport system of any city I have ever been in. Where else can you wait, for usually less than 1 minute, then be delivered very close to where you want to go, for a mere 10 Bht ?? My only observation is that there does seem to be an excess of the baht buses, often contributing to traffic congestion, but apart from that .... right on !

Have you ever been to another road than beach road and sukhumvit ? If you live here you want to move around outside the tourist traps.