Supa Piyajitti claims loss from rice scheme exceeds 600 billion baht

Lite Beer

Supa Piyajitti claims loss from rice scheme exceeds 600 billion baht

8-7-2015-7-38-22-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Loss from the controversial rice pledging scheme of the former Yingluck government has now surpassed 600 billion baht because of additional rotten rice in the stockpiles, said Ms Supa Piyajitti, a member of the National Anti-Corruption Commission, on Friday.

As the damaged party, she said that the government should take the case to the court to seek compensation for the loss from those responsible for causing the damage.

She noted that the amount of deposits needed by the court for the government to file a civil lawsuit against members of the Yingluck government held responsible for the rice pledging scheme would not be as substantial as feared by Deputy Prime Minister Visanu Krea-ngarm.

Meanwhile, Mr Vicha Mahakhun, another NACC member, said he was confident that the government would take the case to the civil court to demand compensation for the loss from the rice scheme. He warned that the case should be taken to the court before the expiration of statue of limitations.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/supa-piyajitti-claims-loss-from-rice-scheme-exceeds-600-billion-baht

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-07

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So with yingluck being in office for 2 years 9 months and 2 days the losses equate to 26.8 million baht an hour lost on a scheme that helped everyone except the farmers.

I wonder if the ex PTP MP's will denounce and belittle her and have her investigated and sacked like last time when she has highlighted facts that went against their agenda.

Only 600 billion, well that's down from 700 billion... whistling.gif

The NACC are just the Junta's attack dogs ... this idea of theirs that they will 'go after' politicians to 'pay back' the government is just political vengeance... It would be like going after GWB to payback American taxpayers for the Iraq war...

But while they're at it, why not go after Abhisit for the losses incurred under his rice scheme? Oh wait, ... that's right... I forgot, this is all about purging, er reconciliation.

These people are just nutters...

The very real faults of the PT rice scheme were well known years ago. Here's an article detailing them back in 2011.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Rice-industry-backs-income-guarantee-plan-of-Democ-30158034.html

With the Dems scheme the majority of the money was actually paid to the farmers whereas only about 18% of the PT scheme found it's way to the farmers.

Edited by apetley

So with yingluck being in office for 2 years 9 months and 2 days the losses equate to 26.8 million baht an hour lost on a scheme that helped everyone except the farmers.

I wonder if the ex PTP MP's will denounce and belittle her and have her investigated and sacked like last time when she has highlighted facts that went against their agenda.

I wonder why you never ,ever quote when there is a post that proves the junta is wrong,....

The main interest of the government should be governing and taking care of economic grow, the Dems nor the Junta will ever succeed in this, as it is not their goal .

But you Dj, I bet you have a photo of the Gen. above your bed..

The NACC are just the Junta's attack dogs ... this idea of theirs that they will 'go after' politicians to 'pay back' the government is just political vengeance... It would be like going after GWB to payback American taxpayers for the Iraq war...

But while they're at it, why not go after Abhisit for the losses incurred under his rice scheme? Oh wait, ... that's right... I forgot, this is all about purging, er reconciliation.

The very real faults of the PT rice scheme were well known years ago. Here's an article detailing them back in 2011.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Rice-industry-backs-income-guarantee-plan-of-Democ-30158034.html

With the Dems scheme the majority of the money was actually paid to the farmers whereas only about 18% of the PT scheme found it's way to the farmers.

it would appear to me that worthless rotting rice was placed in these storage locations, shipped in from around the borders, this whole thing as predicted by me a couple of years ago on TVF will end up being the biggest deception/theft/heist in Thai history - maybe even in Asian history

I wonder why you never ,ever quote when there is a post that proves the junta is wrong,....

The main interest of the government should be governing and taking care of economic grow, the Dems nor the Junta will ever succeed in this, as it is not their goal .

But you Dj, I bet you have a photo of the Gen. above your bed..

very easy to blame the current government for the economic challenges that are now facing Thailand, maybe being the expert you think you are, please enlighten us all with your wisdom and explain why the Thai economy is currently shrinking ................waiting

If the former government had a policy to pay subsidies to rice farmers, that would be one thing, and arguably within the normal realm of government actions here.

But instead, what happened in this case at hand was a mountain of double-dealing and behind the scenes deals with connected and influential people that largely benefited those parties, and left a lot of the farmers without much of the benefit they were supposed to receive, not to mention, millions and millions of tons of unsold rice sitting and rotting.

The former is one thing. The latter is something entirely different and not within the realm of normal, legal government policies.

If the former government had a policy to pay subsidies to rice farmers, that would be one thing, and arguably within the normal realm of government actions here.

But instead, what happened in this case at hand was a mountain of double-dealing and behind the scenes deals with connected and influential people that largely benefited those parties, and left a lot of the farmers without much of the benefit they were supposed to receive, not to mention, millions and millions of tons of unsold rice sitting and rotting.

The former is one thing. The latter is something entirely different and not within the realm of normal, legal government policies.

You may be right, but why don't you show everyone your working and proof on this matter, i addition to providing to those desperately trying to prosecute them, i am sure they would be very pleased to have some caste iron proof to show the world.....

I just love this finger-pointing game. Yingluck and government approved the rice buying program, but they never have a chance to manage the program. The junta took control for over 1 year and 2 months. The rice got rotten, and they still blamed on the former government. It's sure an easy way out.

I just love this finger-pointing game. Yingluck and government approved the rice buying program, but they never have a chance to manage the program. The junta took control for over 1 year and 2 months. The rice got rotten, and they still blamed on the former government. It's sure an easy way out.

You have to be kidding.

I read that both Shin's (and possibly the entire "mob") wealth increased greatly while the rice "adventure" was underway. HUMNNNNN if $ was from ill gotten gains then is "payback" appropriate?

post-45577-0-92176100-1438992391_thumb.j

For the record, even the pro-industry TDRI states that 37% went to farmers.

It is true that industry preferred the Ahbhisit income guarantee plan and the farmers preferred the pledging plan.

The Abhisit Vejjajiva administration (Democrat Party, 2008-2011) abandoned the rice pledging scheme and instead implemented rice farmers’ income guarantee under which farmers received the difference between the market price and the price-guarantee (Jermsittiparsert et al., 2012, p. 23; Phakdeewanich, 2013, online). Research about the program’s benefit sharing structure is non-existent. Nonetheless, academics and exporters welcomed the new policy, in contrast to the rice farmers who preferred the rice pledging approach as they perceived it to be more beneficial to them than the farmer’s income guarantee (Jermsittiparsert et al., 2012, p. 23).

Such as it is, and was, the 2 plans were different and yet both incurred large losses...

So let's go back now and ask Mark for billions of Bhat for his own hair-brained rice scheme... well of course not, that would be a stupid idea... just as it is is a stupid idea to think about prosecuting PTP politicians to recoup funds for their rice program... That is my point...

For the record, even the pro-industry TDRI states that 37% went to farmers.

It is true that industry preferred the Ahbhisit income guarantee plan and the farmers preferred the pledging plan.

The Abhisit Vejjajiva administration (Democrat Party, 2008-2011) abandoned the rice pledging scheme and instead implemented rice farmers’ income guarantee under which farmers received the difference between the market price and the price-guarantee (Jermsittiparsert et al., 2012, p. 23; Phakdeewanich, 2013, online). Research about the program’s benefit sharing structure is non-existent. Nonetheless, academics and exporters welcomed the new policy, in contrast to the rice farmers who preferred the rice pledging approach as they perceived it to be more beneficial to them than the farmer’s income guarantee (Jermsittiparsert et al., 2012, p. 23).

Such as it is, and was, the 2 plans were different and yet both incurred large losses...

So let's go back now and ask Mark for billions of Bhat for his own hair-brained rice scheme... well of course not, that would be a stupid idea... just as it is is a stupid idea to think about prosecuting PTP politicians to recoup funds for their rice program... That is my point...

A whole 37% - wow, that efficiency for you. Now, how much of that 37% went to the "poorest farmers" which was the declared aim? And what percentage of Abhisit's scheme went to farmers, more than 37?

Both schemes incurred large losses - that's nice, but you forgot to give us figures. You might say the Manly ferry is a big boat, while the QE 2 sits behind it.

Edited by halloween

What can anyone really expect? TIT and Thainess is ....

Without Rule of Law, who's afraid to do what they want to enhance their lot in life? It's everywhere.... and I suspect will not be eradicated any time soon (in most of our life times).

Oh and I doubt the "poor farmers" are totally innocent in this SCAM.

They certainly didn't manage it....but not because they didn't have the opportunity.

The nutters are the scumbags who want all their past crimes and sins annulled under the banner of "reconciliation".

The reds and the Shins are the ones pushing for it, but is that a surprise ? And anyone who spends so much time supporting a pack of criminals and terrorists like the Shins and the reds is also a nutter, but that would not include you tb, would it ? You have never defended that lot, as you are too busy with your day job attacking the present government.

........................."Only 600 billion, well that's down from 700 billion..."......................... Well that pretty much says it all ! clap2.gif

Edited by mikemac

The nutters are the scumbags who want all their past crimes and sins annulled under the banner of "reconciliation".

The reds and the Shins are the ones pushing for it, but is that a surprise ? And anyone who spends so much time supporting a pack of criminals and terrorists like the Shins and the reds is also a nutter, but that would not include you tb, would it ? You have never defended that lot, as you are too busy with your day job attacking the present government.

........................."Only 600 billion, well that's down from 700 billion..."......................... Well that pretty much says it all ! clap2.gif

If i were a "yellow" i wouldnt ask for annulling past crimes either as long as my team controls the courts and always has a plan B to send in the army when things dont go my way.

"The nutters are the scumbags who want all their past crimes and sins annulled under the banner of "reconciliation"."

You mean unlike the present junta that overthrew a legally elected government and then gave themselves amnesty???blink.png

Is there any semblance of a reconciliation of this 600 billion loss & some kind of audit trail?

Where are the forensic accountants??

Rhetoric question, i know. Who needs an audit trail when you can blindly trust everything the current government says?

We only have to wait till power changes hands with a next election. Then they can set up a new committee who surprisingly find out the rice scheme made a profit.

That how Thailand works. The first thing you do when you get in power is whitewash all your own prrvious crimes by rewriting history.

They certainly didn't manage it....but not because they didn't have the opportunity.

"Yingluck and government approved the rice buying program, but they never have a chance to manage the program."

Wow, I have heard some pretty lame, dumb and pitiful defense of the Shins' infamous rice scam, but that one takes the cake !

"The nutters are the scumbags who want all their past crimes and sins annulled under the banner of "reconciliation"."

You mean unlike the present junta that overthrew a legally elected government and then gave themselves amnesty???blink.png

Game, set, match. Edited by Bob12345

Is there any semblance of a reconciliation of this 600 billion loss & some kind of audit trail?

Where are the forensic accountants??

Rhetoric question, i know. Who needs an audit trail when you can blindly trust everything the current government says?

We only have to wait till power changes hands with a next election. Then they can set up a new committee who surprisingly find out the rice scheme made a profit.

That how Thailand works. The first thing you do when you get in power is whitewash all your own prrvious crimes by rewriting history.

..................."Then they can set up a new committee who surprisingly find out the rice scheme made a profit."......................

If they make a statement like that I will certainly spray coffee all over my laptop screen, again.

yep, it points out just how "pullitoutofyoura$$" these figures are...

no, the nutters are the group of military-appointed patsies in the NACC out doing their attack-dog thing and purging one side of the political space. It's just vengeance, pure and simple and has nothing to do with crimes real or imagined.

I would love to see corruption in Thailand punished, just as I like to see corruption punished in my own country. But I recognize when "justice" is used as a cover for political in-fighting. It's perfectly clear when it happens in the US and it's perfectly clear here in Thailand, too.

Now back to the point that several dim witted posters are missing, - how can it be justified to seek financial compensation from former politicians from government policies that "lost money"? That is what these morons at the NACC are proposing.