Prayut 'to retain power till new govt is formed'

Lite Beer

To play devil's advocate. coffee1.gif

I would rather he be in power than have some I hate you you hate me party in power and creating a civil war in the eventuality something (cannot mention) happens. thumbsup.gif

No, don't ask me. blink.png Just think about it. coffee1.gif

How is he anything but the most extreme (and armed) variant of the I hate you you hate me power..

Please point out the inclusive co-operation hes engaging the opposition forces with !!

So if the PTP or one of their incarnations win he will just use article 44 to go "nah not you lot, oh and this isn't a coup see?" to create a huge sh*t storm.

PTP should not be aloud to participate after what they --Shins did to Thailand. Not surprised the agenda posters are out in their big force---all about 8 of them.

Thailand needs clean governing so why should you even suggest the party that just lost Thailand 1 trillion baht -?? even if your not keen on who is cleaning up after them, Speak some gorm.

"clean governing"

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

I don't know why you people are complaining. So long as this government stays in power, the baht will continue to decrease and the relative value of our home currencies will increase. So far, except for certain curtailments on booze, which can be circumvented, this government has not seriously affected the lives of expats. Idealistically, of course, there is merit in most of your condemnations, but, as many of you know, idealism does not put food in your belly, a roof over your head, or alcohol in your brain. My philosophy is, I will stay out of his hair, of which he has few, so long as he stays out of mine, of which there are fewer. Besides, where else in Thailand will you find so much amusement as is found in daily government proclamations.

Edited by tonypace02

I don't know why you people are complaining. So long as this government stays in power, the baht will continue to decrease and the relative value of our home currencies will increase. So far, except for certain curtailments on booze, which can be circumvented, this government has not seriously affected the lives of expats. Idealistically, of course, there is merit in most of your condemnations, but, as many of you know, idealism does not put food in your belly, a roof over your head, or alcohol in your brain. My philosophy is, I will stay out of his hair, of which he has few, so long as he stays out of mine, of which there are fewer. Besides, where else in Thailand will you find so much amusement as is found in daily government proclamations.

Neither did the previous one affect many of their lives either, but the way in which some of them go on about the PTP and the Shins, makes it sound like they had their children dragged from their arms, and eaten in front of them !!

So if the PTP or one of their incarnations win he will just use article 44 to go "nah not you lot, oh and this isn't a coup see?" to create a huge sh*t storm.

PTP should not be aloud to participate after what they --Shins did to Thailand. Not surprised the agenda posters are out in their big force---all about 8 of them.

Thailand needs clean governing so why should you even suggest the party that just lost Thailand 1 trillion baht -?? even if your not keen on who is cleaning up after them, Speak some gorm.

"clean governing"

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

There never has been clean governing, so any step in the right direction no matter who is in charge is the way to go.

Will retain power until next government formed.... or they get couped out. Last government thought they would retain power until next government formed (via elections) and constitution didn't protect them. Why should article 44 protect current government? The clock is ticking.

The strangest way to the road for Democracy and peace if I ever saw one, totalitarian laws introduced to keep the peasants in line , Rules that are better left to another era and here we are talking about Democracy , what a load of <deleted>. and B/S.coffee1.gif

Any discussion of the Monarchy or members of the royal family in a political context will result in a ban. This includes vague comments that could be construed as referring to the Monarchy.

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

Democrats will never win, no matter how much you drag it out....

What are you on about who is really wanting them to WIN, who cares as long as the government is clean in it's governing,

You and djjamie may be the last two people who think the junta is clean.

Given that elections would happen under the watchful eye of our saviour, General Prayuth, it is worth noting how he tried to influence voters in 2011.

And of course, the obvious eventuality should the Thai people not heed his advice...

I love that. If you don't vote for the 'good' people then we will force the 'good' people on you.

Essentially that is what happened!

I think people may be missing the fine points of this change by the CDC, which ensures the PM retains his Article 44 powers up to the point in time when a new government is formed.

This gives the PM the authority to intervene in some critical processes that are defined in the Charter. I think the key one is the selection process for non-elected Senators. This feature of the Charter has not gone away. The PM is now assured there can be no argument if he directs the selection process in a certain way. I think this outcome was to be expected; now it may be assured.

Also, the selection of the next PM and Cabinet all occur in this transition time frame during which the current PM will retain his powers. This could make for a very tense time, as the newly elected MPs try to figure out how to make "the right decisions".

In the end, the current PM could engineer his own appointment as the new PM in case the newly elected MPs "can't decide" on an elected member for whatever reason. The Charter still allows for this possibility. With Article 44 close at hand, it might be necessary for the PM to step in, for the maintenance of Peace and Order, of course.

New Democracy Breakfast Cereal!

Get a PM action figure in every box!

Edited by phoenixdoglover

The continuation of Article 44 even after a constituion has been enacted is the strongest proof that the military does not hold itself bound by the constitution. The military does not owe its allegiance to the Thai Peoples nor hold itself responsible to the highest law of the land.

So it matters not who is elected to occupy the government. In substance the military will remain in control even if it should officially revoke Article 44. Military force and not words is the real law.

A democracy in Thailand's immediate future is for now a mirage.

Oh, come on! Everyone knows that the man in Dubai pays off the world's financial press to publish unflattering articles about Thailand.

Using the rice money Yingluck gave him while on a shopping trip in Macedonia.

While bribing EU members to come and brain wash the Din Dao group cheesy.gif

ALL countries? UK is stronger now than pre-recession, Germany seem to be cracking on as does Singapore and Malaysia

Brilliant---4 out of 230

Many more than 4 economies are doing better than Thailand:

"Thailand's growth is the slowest among developing nations, its exports may contract 4 percent this year and Bangkok is the only major Asian stock market experiencing outflows." http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-08-04/thailand-s-generals-don-t-have-an-economic-plan

More than 4 economies are doing better than the UK, and that goes for most SO what is your point.

Mine was to post initially that Thailand is suffering as are the majority of nations because of the unstable world economic situ.

This was picked on for the sake of it to slag off the thai government.

My first point was honest it said the Trillion or so that was lost through the brilliance of Thaksins guidence, and on top of that he tried to rile the Thai PM by saying he wants to advise about the economy. he is a Joke. The man had some of the best years of world boom, and is trying to say it was his master mind on economics- OMG

Your point was "that Thailand is suffering as are the majority of nations", I pointed out that under the junta Thailand is suffering much more than the majority of nations.

I think the time has come to put the inevitable and infallible conclusion forward that is the answer to all condemnation of the current government. Which by its very utterance justifies and absolves anything and everything the junta may do now and forever.

...but...but...but... THAKSIN

Posts containing off topic generalizations have been removed as well as the replies.

Any discussion of the Monarchy or members of the royal family in a political context will result in a ban. This includes vague comments that could be construed as referring to the Monarchy.
Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.