Is this the best value in Pattaya? BBQ seafood and unlimited Beer. B399

johninbkk

My wife and I stumbled on to this BBQ all you can eat seafood and beer restaurant right on Sukhumvit. Opposite Marko. I’m always reluctant to dine at these places as I’m suspect of quality and freshness. Well I was astounded at the variety, then the freshness of the produce.

The Bain Marie selection was fantastic. Fried rice to crab in sweet yellow curry and veggies, smoked mussels, stir fried noodles, mixed veggies, for the children, chips and fried chicken legs. Seafood. Selection, Large prawns, rock lobster, blue crabs, and assortment of shell fish and my favorite, scallops, plus mussels. The list goes on.

I was told they only opened 4 weeks ago. Let’s hope they have success so I can frequent, often

post-50331-0-93588000-1439080560_thumb.j

post-50331-0-41156000-1439080578_thumb.j

post-50331-0-26044800-1439080600_thumb.j

post-50331-0-19951600-1439080619_thumb.j

post-50331-0-04425500-1439080638_thumb.j

post-50331-0-62717900-1439080704_thumb.j

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's this old story about the guy who went to a B399 all you can eat buffet.

As he was about to get his second plate an employee of the place snatched it out of his hand and said he was finished. He protested "The sign says 'All you can eat for B399!'"

The employee shot back at him "Yes, and that's all you can eat for B399."

Cheers.

Beer was Chang - Draft, They served by the jug. and yes, the waiter didn't do me any favours. I left with a sway, but so, so happy. There is NO limit. There's no holding back here. Bye the way, the service was excellent. I tipped him 200B, Hmm! I must have been a little pissed. LOL.

Yahoo, support so I can visit on a regular basis. Oh! Children only 189. but no beer. LOL.

Beer was Chang - Draft, They served by the jug. and yes, the waiter didn't do me any favours. I left with a sway, but so, so happy. There is NO limit. There's no holding back here. Bye the way, the service was excellent. I tipped him 200B, Hmm! I must have been a little pissed. LOL.

Yahoo, support so I can visit on a regular basis. Oh! Children only 189. but no beer. LOL.

And the price for adults is ?

The clue is in the heading.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

They'll soon figure out they can make more money if they take cost out of the product and the quality and selection will take a nosedive.

In fact, at 399 a head, I suspect they'll find out they're going broke- based on the cost of the stuff in your photos.

But post back occasionally to let us know if it's still as good next time I come to Pattaya for a weekend.... Looks great.

Edited by impulse

Looks like good value for the money. There is sometimes a 1.5 hour time limit in these places. Does this place have similar ?

Yes. 1.5 hour limit.

Thank god for that. That's all the beer I could drink.

I didn't tell you all of the best part of the night. As a promotion to springboard the opening of the restaurant, they have lucky number prize, yep you guessed it, my wife won it. Baht 5,000 gold prize. LMOA. What a night.

In fact, at 399 a head, I suspect they'll find out they're going broke- based on the cost of the stuff in your photos.

Why that? Many BBQ/Buffets around Pattaya in the 200-250 baht range

I would avoid any place with unlimited alcoholic drink though: necessarily more expensive.

I would avoid any place with unlimited alcoholic drink though: necessarily more expensive.

250 Bht and offering what is shown in the pictures?

The main factors why I decided to dine here.

Look closely at the pictures, all food presented in Bain Marie, lids closed, (lids open for pictures) displayed on table cloths.

Seafood in abundance all sitting on ice, shell fish in cooler fridge, beer served in jugs with a big bucket of ice, yes, all free of charge.

Dim sum in steamer drawers and plenty of large serving spoons and tongs, very, very hygienic, @ B 399!!! And people quote 250, yeah right.

I can fill up 'till I'm burstin' on 200 baht worth of twigs, rice, and gristle.

Or I can eat 1,000 baht worth of crab and shrimp and still be looking for more...

I can fill up 'till I'm burstin' on 200 baht worth of twigs, rice, and gristle.

Or I can eat 1,000 baht worth of crab and shrimp and still be looking for more...

Yeah, some people's taste buds peak at 50 baht.

Looks like good value for the money. There is sometimes a 1.5 hour time limit in these places. Does this place have similar ?

Yes. 1.5 hour limit.

I didn't tell you all of the best part of the night. As a promotion to springboard the opening of the restaurant, they have lucky number prize, yep you guessed it, my wife won it. Baht 5,000 gold prize. LMOA. What a night.

Similar to Amphorn (spelling?) opposite Mum Aroi on 3rd Road who have been running regular promotions at 399 with normal price 499. Currently also have Tiger prawns according to the gf.

I found the 1.5 hour time limit a bit of a rush...............

Unfortunately also there you needed to book - do you here?

The main factors why I decided to dine here.

Look closely at the pictures, all food presented in Bain Marie, lids closed, (lids open for pictures) displayed on table cloths.

Seafood in abundance all sitting on ice, shell fish in cooler fridge, beer served in jugs with a big bucket of ice, yes, all free of charge.

Dim sum in steamer drawers and plenty of large serving spoons and tongs, very, very hygienic, @ B 399!!! And people quote 250, yeah right.

Is this one of those places where you cook yourself at your table, using some hot charcoals ?

Yes. 1.5 hour limit.

1.5 hours,no time for food then,just keep those jugs coming matey and don't worry about a glass.

BBQ seafood and unlimited Beer. B399gigglem.gif

this is the OK restaurant that I mentioned recently where they had and still have excellent dim sum at a promotional B39 a steamer. Fresh and very good. It is Chinese owned and their market is the Chinese tourist coaches therefore sometimes busy lunchtimes. Our typical Pattaya Chinese tourists drink water. Great value indeed.

Yes. 1.5 hour limit.

Similar to Amphorn (spelling?) opposite Mum Aroi on 3rd Road who have been running regular promotions at 399 with normal price 499. Currently also have Tiger prawns according to the gf.

I found the 1.5 hour time limit a bit of a rush...............

Unfortunately also there you needed to book - do you here?

Mate, walk up start. Plentyyy of off road parking. It's a dream. Really nice secluded seating, not on gravel flooring, nice levelled concrete and ceiling fans. very comfy. The children even have playing area away from the road some 100 odd yards. Clean bathrooms, the lot. I'm obviously impressed.

Be sure to let us know if this free advertisement on thaivisa.com resulted in an uptick of customers for your wife's restaurant.

Buzzz, .

obviously wrong motor mouth.

I just appreciate proprietors going the extra mile to make business a success.

Hope you understand my grammar, or have I confused you because I used words with more than one syllable.

There's this old story about the guy who went to a B399 all you can eat buffet.

As he was about to get his second plate an employee of the place snatched it out of his hand and said he was finished. He protested "The sign says 'All you can eat for B399!'"

The employee shot back at him "Yes, and that's all you can eat for B399."

Cheers.

Then there is Al Bundy. He would take plastic bags with him to buffets and fill them up. If confronted, he complained, "the sign says all you can eat, not all you can eat today!"

Drink driving is a no no for me, a bit too far and not a massive sea food fan

Have a word with the owner, tell them you'd like an all you can eat meat buffet, and only non-alcoholic drinks served.

Drink driving is a no no for me, a bit too far and not a massive sea food fan

Have a word with the owner, tell them you'd like an all you can eat meat buffet, and only non-alcoholic drinks served.

That reminds me of a buffet in China where all the beer you could drink was free. But being a teetotaler, I had to pay for iced tea at about $3 each. And no way was I going to drink the unboiled water in that dump.

Will definetly go try it out..