CDC promises 'modern' Thai constitution

webfact

CDC promises 'modern' constitution

BANGKOK, 17 August 2015 (NNT) - The Constitution Drafting Committee (CDC) said the new charter has been modernized, and that the panel considered all comments from every sector when it was being drafted.

CDC Spokesperson General Lertrat Rattanawanich said it will be panel's last week to review the draft charter. The revision will scrutinize the draft constitution down to the last detail on a section-by-section basis.

The National Legislative Assembly will continue to serve as the country's legislature, until MPs are elected to Parliament. Eight National Reform Council sub groups, which previously submitted draft charter proposals, will be invited to listen to the final results from August 19 – 20.

The spokesperson denied allegations that the charter is outdated, saying that all opinions and comments received were used in drafting the new constitution and that Thailand is no longer in the era of ‘half-democracy’.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-08-17 footer_n.gif

The message to all expats from the CDC is very craftily disguised , but it is there if you read the small print backwards, then shake your head side to side CDC promises a Modern THAI constitution, this is very similar to the Thai Democracy, this will have just as many holes in it that you could shoot corruption through, just like all the others. cheesy.gif

Finally the CDC is telling it like it is.

Thailand is no longer a 50 Percent democracy.

It is now, zero percent democracy.

Luckily the Thai will have various groups appointed for them, to make sure no one takes advantage of the situation.

Like those shins for example ?????

Why not wait until you read the new Thai constitution before making any judgments about it? When the US constitution was drafted in 1787, there was no democracy either. It was merely a handful of privileged well-to-doers that got together to draft a document. Do you really think that the average layman got to voice his/her opinion on the matter??

If you engage the people to write a constitution, then the constitution would never be completed. There are too many ignorant/unintelligent people, and you simply cannot include them in the decision process, no matter how undemocratic this may seem. Of course, if you are in this pool of people, you would probably think this to be unfair, and probably posting here on TVF. Oh, wait, the majority of members of TVF aren't even Thai citizens; makes me wonder why they should care at all? whistling.gif

Edited by Gumballl

"...The Constitution Drafting Committee (CDC) said the new charter has been modernized..."

If by that they mean, "what is old is new"...well then I guess so.

"...and that the panel considered all comments from every sector when it was being drafted..."

...considered and dismissed.

Why not wait until you read the new Thai constitution before making any judgments about it? When the US constitution was drafted in 1787, there was no democracy either. It was merely a handful of privileged well-to-doers that got together to draft a document. Do you really think that the average layman got to voice his/her opinion on the matter??

If you engage the people to write a constitution, then the constitution would never be completed. There are too many ignorant/unintelligent people, and you simply cannot include them in the decision process, no matter how undemocratic this may seem. Of course, if you are in this pool of people, you would probably think this to be unfair, and probably posting here on TVF. Oh, wait, the majority of members of TVF aren't even Thai citizens; makes me wonder why they should care at all? whistling.gif

You want to compare the US and Thai Constitutions? Ok, let's do that.

The US Constition, including Amendments, has 4,400 words.

This new Thai Constitution has over 61,000!

The US Constitution has endured for 239 YEARS.

You're lucky if you can get a Thai Constitution for last for 239 MONTHS before the military steps in, throws it away and writes a new one.

Don't compare apples and oranges. It only makes you look stupid.

Just like you we have not read the consitution because only the chosen few was included in its drafting. But what do we know, we know that the senate will again not be elected and that without the senates approval the constitution cant be changed even if its the will of the people. The next thing we know is that there will be a crisis committee which can sack the elected government if they preceive that there is a crisis - the term crisis have not be defined and are thus open for abuse. So in a space of two sentences I have proved that the new constitution are not only draconian but also outdated as it does not reflect the modern view on democracy and human rights. We will not now dwell on other issues as the ones created different classes of citizens etc etc.

"Why should they care?"

A significant number of TVF members live here. Many of us have wives and children here, some of us work here, and some of us contemplate spending the rest of our lives here. We don't have a vote, it is very unlikely that any of us ever will, but that doesn't mean that we don't have a stake in the affairs of what is our adopted country. That's why I care, and why I have opinions, and why I voice them here, to be heard by others in my position.

Many, I know, vehemently disagree with my views, as I often do with theirs. The debate can at times be robust. But we all care, because you see we identify ourselves as having this "stake".

Pompous ass that I am sometimes!

Is this 1787 in Thailand? Yea gads I going backwards instead of forwards.

The spokesperson denied allegations that the charter is outdated, saying that all opinions and comments received were used in drafting the new constitution and that Thailand is no longer in the era of ‘half-democracy’.

Exactly - more like the era of "Non-democracy" ...blink.png

Very easy to mess up a constitution. Look at the Americans. Their constitution gives them the right to bear arms, so everyone has a gun. I think that the original draft was the right to BARE arms, i.e take off heavy formal coats and roll shirt sleeves up when the weather got hot and sticky. How many thousands killed over the years through an 18th century clerical error?

The US Constitution was drafted and endorsed by elected members of the First Continental Congress.

The US Constitution was drafted and endorsed by elected members of the First Continental Congress.