Koh Tao murder trial reconvenes in Koh Samui

webfact

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The phone being confirmed as belonging to David Miller is very damning evidence; the people complaining how that was established are showing their hand over whether they want the truth to come out and justice be served versus simply wanting the case to collapse.

To recap, they two men on trial have already admitted the just happened to find the phone on the night of the murders. To me it beggars belief that these men would be a pair of scapegoats that by sheer coincidence turned out to had found that phone on that night. Not to mention that instead of keeping an expensive phone they smashed and tried to dispose of it.

You're fast! I've been on Twitter all day refreshing and didn't see that, Of course when I decide to post Andy tweets.. tongue.png

How, at this point could they not know if it's David's phone or not? All they had to do is show it to the Ware guy.. David's phone likely had photos from in the bar... Doubt the human trash who killed him would have left his phone.

The phone was smashed, so using it to show pictures is out of the question.

That the police asked Interpol for help on the matter obviously points at the SIM card being checked at the country of origin.

You're fast! I've been on Twitter all day refreshing and didn't see that, Of course when I decide to post Andy tweets.. tongue.png

How, at this point could they not know if it's David's phone or not? All they had to do is show it to the Ware guy.. David's phone likely had photos from in the bar... Doubt the human trash who killed him would have left his phone.

That the police asked Interpol for help on the matter obviously points at the SIM card being checked at the country of origin.

Interpol is not involved in this investigation as you have already been told

as for the phone, any testimony by the accused was forced and is inadmissible, plus the phone could easily have been planted

run along now and stay off the yogurt

The phone being confirmed as belonging to David Miller is very damning evidence; the people complaining how that was established are showing their hand over whether they want the truth to come out and justice be served versus simply wanting the case to collapse.

To recap, they two men on trial have already admitted the just happened to find the phone on the night of the murders. To me it beggars belief that these men would be a pair of scapegoats that by sheer coincidence turned out to had found that phone on that night. Not to mention that instead of keeping an expensive phone they smashed and tried to dispose of it.

Have either of the B2 taken the stand yet? If not, when did they testify to stealing/finding a phone?

Not necessarily out of the question. The phone quite likely had a memory card in it considering the duration of David's travels.

Have either of the B2 taken the stand yet? If not, when did they testify to stealing/finding a phone?

Yes they have, many months ago they testified during a pre-trial hearing that they found the phone in question on the night of the murder, also two witnesses testified that the accused had given them that phone to dispose of it.

Interpol is not involved in this investigation as you have already been told

as for the phone, any testimony by the accused was forced and is inadmissible, plus the phone could easily have been planted

run along now and stay off the yogurt

So the witness that acted as liaison with Interpol to establish the ownership of the phone is committing perjury?

And the phone was planted... on the night of the murder itself to frame this two guys so that almost a month later, after making feigned blunder after feigned blunder the police could turn around and "say this are the guys"?

You are grasping at straws so hard they are getting ground to dust to avoid accepting any evidence against the two Burmese, then you have the chutzpah of repeating over and over again that you haven't seen any evidence against them.

Not sure if I'm missing something here as I can't be bothered going back over all the old reports. But as far as I can figure there are 2 phones, one iphone and a Samsung. One that it was alleged the B2 gave to their pals and this was the one supposedly belonging to David, then another one found at the crime scene who the lead investigator at the trial said he could not confirm who it belonged to.

Surely these enquiries in the UK would have been done before the B2 were arrested?

Edited by thailandchilli

Not necessarily out of the question. The phone quite likely had a memory card in it considering the duration of David's travels.

iPhones don't use memory cards.

Yes they have, many months ago they testified during a pre-trial hearing that they found the phone in question on the night of the murder, also two witnesses testified that the accused had given them that phone to dispose of it.

Interesting. Let's see what they say when they are actually in trial then.

So will the prosecution cross-examine the B2 or not?

And kept it at their abode...............gawd.............coffee1.gif

Notice how, now that the "irrefutable" DNA evidence has been shown to have more holes than Swiss cheese, that a damaged phone supposedly belonging to DM and purportedly found near the residence of the suspects have suddenly become very "damning" evidence. And yet you know who claims that others are grasping at straws cheesy.gif

That phone in question being in their possession since the night of the murders is beyond any doubt by now, even the defense admits to it.

The ownership is the only thing left to establish factually, and if it was in fact David Miller's phone it links the two Burmese directly to one of the victims; and considering the order of events the defense would have to come up with a darn good explanation over how that came to happen without the defendants looking suspicious.

One flame post and subsequent reply have been removed from this thread.

my reply wasn't a flame post. I grabbed the first post available to respond by phone
I will summarize my post. The phone won't matter once the b2 DNA profiles don't match those found on Hannah. Because the defence took samples in court

I will say its surprising what the Police find at peoples homes. They don't seem to realise its the first place they check. The Uk is the same. How many postman have been nicked because of years and piles of open letters are found in their cellars or under the stairs.

Its a low IQ I think. Jails are full of dumb criminals. The smart ones are on the loose.

I phone doesn't have a card does it, and the phone they found was

4S IPhone Black 16GB

Notice how, now that the "irrefutable" DNA evidence has been shown to have more holes than Swiss cheese, that a damaged phone supposedly belonging to DM and purportedly found near the residence of the suspects have suddenly become very "damning" evidence. And yet you know who claims that others are grasping at straws cheesy.gif

The defense was offered a retesting of all the DNA evidence, the one from inside the rape victim in particular, they refused. You call that a refutation? :rolleyes:

That phone in question being in their possession since the night of the murders is beyond any doubt by now, even the defense admits to it.

The ownership is the only thing left to establish factually, and if it was in fact David Miller's phone it links the two Burmese directly to one of the victims; and considering the order of events the defense would have to come up with a darn good explanation over how that came to happen without the defendants looking suspicious.

If what you are saying turns out to be true then why is absolutely all of the other evidence the RTP managed to put together against the B2 completely faked and completely torn to shreds in court?

I want to hear what the B2 say when they take the stand.

Will the prosecution cross examine them?

I don't very often agree with you but I do in this case.

However there's many different ways that the phone came to be at the back of the bungalows.

To build a case they need to add evidence. So DNA and an item that belonged to a victim is a start. Its not midway through the case so lets see what the defence has found out with regard to the phone etc. they had the case file.

I think any RTP investigation would look as bad if under the spotlight.
Actually, RTP sometimes get things right. Once in awhile there is a crime solved by RTP who actually look closely at the clues, follow leads, use some outside-the-box thinking - and nab the culprits. They have the capabilities, it's mostly a matter of whether they have an agenda which supersedes doing real detective work. I think that's the situation in this KT case.
Also who cares what UK police think about the evidence. It ain't their country!
I hope you're joking.

Good that we can agree on something , RTP does a good job , sometimes...

Here in Pattaya we see alot of crimes solved on a weekly basis , at least what we read about in the news.

And yes we have the bad cops too.

The question remains if every local police officer that worked on the KT case are bad guys or just do it the Thai way without "thinking" too much .

Not sure how long u have lived there but at one point the Mayor ordered the newspapers to report no more than 2 murders a week there.

My friend who had sold his home and was leaving Thailand in 4 days turns up dead. By hanging himself. The police said it was suicide. End of story. No investigation or anything. I could write a book about Pattaya

My point is that it's getting better in Pattaya , compared to lets say 7 years ago. They can and will solve crimes here fast, if they want to.

I will say its surprising what the Police find at peoples homes. They don't seem to realise its the first place they check. The Uk is the same. How many postman have been nicked because of years and piles of open letters are found in their cellars or under the stairs.

Its a low IQ I think. Jails are full of dumb criminals. The smart ones are on the loose.

They could have chucked in a bin, flung it over a fence, but they took it home..........coffee1.gif

Correct , its claimed they gave it to their mate who then chucked it around the back.

Its just claims and lets see what the witness reveals. I want to know if the UK actually confirmed the phone was David's first. They had time to check and so did the defence

If what you are saying turns out to be true then why is absolutely all of the other evidence the RTP managed to put together against the B2 completely faked and completely torn to shreds in court?

Who says all the evidence has been fake and torn to shreds? The same people that have been claiming the phone was planted per chance?

As for what the two defendants will say, I'm pretty sure they won't change their previous testimony regarding the phone.

Who says all the evidence has been fake and torn to shreds? The same people that have been claiming the phone was planted per chance?

As for what the two defendants will say, I'm pretty sure they won't change their previous testimony regarding the phone.

So the trial has been going well for the prosecution has it? Is this how a perfect case goes when it's brought to court?

You know that the trial has been shambolic for the RTP and the defense hasn't even started yet!!

So the trial has been going well for the prosecution has it? Is this how a perfect case goes when it's brought to court?

You know that the trial has been shambolic for the RTP and the defense hasn't even started yet!!

Yes we know your views about this Khun Matt. Maybe better to wait until we have a verdict.

The defense was offered a retesting of all the DNA evidence, the one from inside the rape victim in particular, they refused. You call that a refutation? rolleyes.gif

Wow! Your porky pie skills are on par with the RTP

Isn't it strange that everyone who is following this case, whether in Thailand or abroad would strongly agree with your post bar the few remaining shills?

Isn't it strange that everyone who is following this case, whether in Thailand or abroad would strongly agree with your post bar the few remaining shills?

We must all remember we only eat what we are fed through the news channels. However it does appear that way....... The fact that Sky News has bailed out since their translator was warned by the Mafia to do a runner.

Looks like Jonathan Samuels has lost his bottle and gone the same way. As well as the BBC Guy. This surprises me considering its by far the most high profile case involving British Citizens to come out of Thailand for years.

Strange in my honest opinion. Very Strange. they spend millions following Oscar case but cant afford a ticket to this one blink.png