First of its kind 'museum of corruption' to be opened in Thailand

webfact

Should have contracted with Ripley's Believe it or Not to run it. Have interactive "How low a bribe do you have to pay?" section, creative accounting booths, etc. I guess they didn't offer enough tea money...

Weren't they trumpeting last week that now only 10% of government budget drained off by corruption compared to 30% previously? (Wonder how they came up with those figures, too...)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wired, a corruption museum. I'm all for publicly shaming these people caught red handed, Not just allegation's but this is wired.

Isn't Thailand all about saving face??? Ahhh but wait it's selected corruption scandals.

What palm oil scandal? What dodgy land deals for rich mates? What blue diamond? What human trafficking? What murders? What microphones?

What large bank transfers? WHAT WHAT WHAT???

Nice cherry pickingwhistling.gif

Gee ait, not like you to be one-eyed and biased about anything ! whistling.gif

Why don't you keep going, go your hardest, and fill the rest of the page by listing the examples of corruption committed by the "other side". You remember, the honest as the day is long Shins that you seem to think is squeaky clean.

Fact is, there is not one political party or organization in Thailand that you could label "clean". thumbsup.gif

Good grief, with the amount of corruption that exists in the country, this must be the biggest museum of it's kind.

Goodness gracious, great balls of fire. I wonder if the Smithsonion Museum is even big enough to house one for corruption in just Chicago, New York or New Jersey, let alone one on just Vietnam, JFK, LBJ, Tricky Dicky and Watergate, or Olly North as the scapegoat. At least it's all a little more transparent in Thailand.

I think it's a great idea ....a few other countries could take a leaf out of this book. They were not afraid in this instance to wash the dirty laundry in public...and that shows they are serious...in my book anyway.

So current gov is not corrupted? They all milionairies, and they already secured top positions with family members smile.png

First step is the real dirty b*stards. The ones who voted to absolve themselevs of all corruption crimes since 2004.

Then, if Thailand manages to remove the real low-life from politics and get a proper democratic government who does what's best for the country installed, the Armed Forces will get there comeuppance as a matter of course.

When ridding the kitchen of rats, get the biggest, dirtiest ones first.

So current gov is not corrupted? They all milionairies, and they already secured top positions with family members smile.png

First step is the real dirty b*stards. The ones who voted to absolve themselevs of all corruption crimes since 2004.

Then, if Thailand manages to remove the real low-life from politics and get a proper democratic government who does what's best for the country installed, the Armed Forces will get there comeuppance as a matter of course.

When ridding the kitchen of rats, get the biggest, dirtiest ones first.

"First step is the real dirty b*stards. The ones who voted to absolve themselevs of all corruption crimes since 2004."

You mean unlike the current bunch who told journalists to stop snooping or else??

Perhaps the museum might feature the alleagtion that military conscripts are being used as personal servants for RETIRED officers as per the story on Khaosod ( picture of the guy chained to a tyre as punishment for poor carpentry skills in his 'job'). Taxpayers are footing the bill for this? Tell me that's not corruption, if it's true ( quite apart from any human rights issues)

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1440154537&section=12&typecate=06

The grey automobile case? Is that the one that concerns all the seized cars that vanished from Thai Customs? If not, make it 11 cases. Or, for decency sake, drop any still before the courts. Don't worry, the rice scheme case will get into the museum soon enough.

Edited by The Deerhunter

Wired, a corruption museum. I'm all for publicly shaming these people caught red handed, Not just allegation's but this is wired.

Isn't Thailand all about saving face??? Ahhh but wait it's selected corruption scandals.

What palm oil scandal? What dodgy land deals for rich mates? What blue diamond? What human trafficking? What murders? What microphones?

Nice cherry picking indeed, you forgot to mention Yingluck's clocks, 15 million for clocks in Parliament, only 62,500 baht per. I bet that was all on the up and up.

How many of the rich elites will appear in in this museum. What about the present government? the military coups are not corruption??? The appointed in the senate are totally out of corruption??? This are the guys that gives Thailand problems.

Gee ait, not like you to be one-eyed and biased about anything ! whistling.gif

Why don't you keep going, go your hardest, and fill the rest of the page by listing the examples of corruption committed by the "other side". You remember, the honest as the day is long Shins that you seem to think is squeaky clean.

Fact is, there is not one political party or organization in Thailand that you could label "clean". thumbsup.gif

And the compiled list of others would still be shorter and for lesser amounts than the PM which aussiethailand seeks to detract attention from.

;)