Getting A New Passport In UK Works Like A Dream!

PostmanPat

I had my UK passport renewed via Bangkok 2 months ago it was back within 2 weeks cost me £114 for a 48 page passport I used a guy by the name of Mark who lives in Bangkok to submit my application and collect it when it arrived back all for a couple of thousand baht he was excellent saved me at least 10,000 baht in flights from Samui. Next time I will be in my mid 70s so will no doubt give it a miss after all who would be bothered locking up some old geezer because he did not remember to renew his passport !!!!!!!

I get the feeling that the British go home to get theirs renewed because it is to complicated to do here in Thailand.

For the record, I got my new passport in the UK because I was in the UK visiting family when it became due. OK?

This thread was designed to assist British citizens, it doesnt need people from a certain bigger country to take it over with "our systems better than your system" kind of stuff. Thank you.

If you really want to help the British citizens here tell them what they have to do when they are in Chiang Mai to get one.

Thanks for your advice Northern John, are you the fount of all knowledge about what should be posted on this site? No. Thought not.

I had my UK passport renewed via Bangkok 2 months ago it was back within 2 weeks cost me £114 for a 48 page passport I used a guy by the name of Mark who lives in Bangkok to submit my application and collect it when it arrived back all for a couple of thousand baht he was excellent saved me at least 10,000 baht in flights from Samui. Next time I will be in my mid 70s so will no doubt give it a miss after all who would be bothered locking up some old geezer because he did not remember to renew his passport !!!!!!!

I was informed you had to be present at the bangkok office to make a passport app..

Was this a legal 'out of uk' passport application (which also seems like an incorrect fee in that case) or did this mark in bangkok merely post you passport to the uk, illegally apply as a uk resident at time of application, and then bounce it back via ems etc. Certainly the fee charged looks that way.

I get the feeling that the British go home to get theirs renewed because it is to complicated to do here in Thailand.

For the record, I got my new passport in the UK because I was in the UK visiting family when it became due. OK?

This thread was designed to assist British citizens, it doesnt need people from a certain bigger country to take it over with "our systems better than your system" kind of stuff. Thank you.

If you really want to help the British citizens here tell them what they have to do when they are in Chiang Mai to get one.

Thanks for your advice Northern John, are you the fount of all knowledge about what should be posted on this site? No. Thought not.

No I am not.

You said you were trying to help British citizens. This is a Chiang Mai thread and if you read the posts any Simple Simon can walk into the passport office in England but as has been pointed out in several posts it is not that easy here in Chiang Mai. See post 33.

You say you are trying to help but all you do is tell every one how easy it is in England. With out a word about doing it in Thailand where the people of Chiang Mai live.

The point you are missing, deliberately or otherwise, is that I was trying to provide useful information for UK people who live in Chiang Mai. Please stop trying to tell me who I should be talking to. There are quite a lot of UK people needing passports who live here, OK ??!!

The point you are missing, deliberately or otherwise, is that I was trying to provide useful information for UK people who live in Chiang Mai. Please stop trying to tell me who I should be talking to. There are quite a lot of UK people needing passports who live here, OK ??!!

There is always a smartxxxx.

I did mine at Trendy last year and it took 10 weeks, at the same time UK news was reporting chaos outside the UK passport offices with large queues and people virtually fighting to get in.

It is good to hear that they have got their act together and by the sound of it better than before. A friend of mine used the fast track system about 5 years ago and he had a long queue and a fair bit of hanging around.(Liverpool)

We should be grateful to people for keeping us informed, information clarifies the options.

Edited by sandyf