Bangkok blast: More attacks may have been planned, police say

webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With my glasses to see then the yellow shirt Erawan Shine suspect is not identical with the person now under arrest. The Yellow Shirt suspect is taller and has a different body shape.

However the man from the CCVTV footage from the bridge could be the one in custody.

+++

This is BIG - real Big, rented 4 rooms. Where they getting the family to visit or did they arrive already?

Still puzzling why the suspect hand around after the bomb and why he rent an apartment with lots of prying eyes and nosy neighbors rather than a house in a less populated area. The RTP stated that the bomb was TNT. I am sure that you can find evidence of TNT by simple sensitive detection.It is as simple as using a test strip to find evidence in the rooms. Still I hope they nail the perpetrators.

I love going back in time on some of this stuff. For example, back on Aug 18 we had this:

General Prayut said the suspect was believed to be from an “anti-government group based in Thailand’s north-east” – a reference to the Red Shirt movement that was subjected to a crackdown by the army after General Prayut – then army chief – seized power in May 2014.

[http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/bangkok-blast-attack-is-most-significant-assault-on-thailand-says-pm-prayut]

In light of where how this case has developed since then, the above statement gives us real insight into how the man thinks and the biases he has despite claims of impartiality.

You also had the usual junta sycophants on here parroting their hero and spitting bile. Seems they have gone sheepishly quiet now. As they should, trying to use this heinous act for point scoring.

Right, and I've been letting them know as far as possible how repulsive their wishful-thinking is. You couldn't get a more bitter and twisted crowd of camp-followers.

I love going back in time on some of this stuff. For example, back on Aug 18 we had this:

General Prayut said the suspect was believed to be from an “anti-government group based in Thailand’s north-east” – a reference to the Red Shirt movement that was subjected to a crackdown by the army after General Prayut – then army chief – seized power in May 2014.

[http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/bangkok-blast-attack-is-most-significant-assault-on-thailand-says-pm-prayut]

In light of where how this case has developed since then, the above statement gives us real insight into how the man thinks and the biases he has despite claims of impartiality.
You also had the usual junta sycophants on here parroting their hero and spitting bile. Seems they have gone sheepishly quiet now. As they should, trying to use this heinous act for point scoring.

Right, and I've been letting them know as far as possible how repulsive their wishful-thinking is. You couldn't get a more bitter and twisted crowd of camp-followers.

They like to harp on about the red shirt cheering at trat. Them hoping this was an anti junta group is equally disgusting IMO.

all this bullshit about stopping corruption, i have just read that the police team are going to get the 3 million baht reward, when it was the LANDLORD OF THE PROPERTY THAT DOBBED THE SUSPECT IN , IF IT WASN'T FOR HIM THEY WOULD STILL BE RUNNING AROUND LIKE HEADLESS CHICKENS . well nothing new here then is there.

"detained for questioning at the Infantry Battalion of the 11th Army Circle under martial law." I thought martial law was lifted as part of happiness campaign.

Taxi driver contacted suspect by phone several times.....? If that is true, there is more to this whole thing than meets the eye. Never had a random taxi driver ask for my number, that's for sure.

If they were involved in "human trafficking", that is getting refugees out of Thailand and to safety in Turkey, that would put them in same category somewhat as "underground railroad" in USA prior to our civil war, where network helped fugitive slaves escape to free states or Canada. Not all trafficking is bad.

So anyone got any idea of a motive ?

If current affairs are anything to go by my money is on a Uighur connection. The Thais sent 100-odd of them to China to face possible persecution; Thai consulate in Istanbul was attacked; Uighurs have a history of terrorist attacks in China: Uighurs are muslim so know about planting bombs (yes I know all Muslims aren't bombers!). Red and Yellowshirts/army tend to target each other and the trouble in the south has been going on for donkeys without attacks on the capital, so I tend to discount them.

That is only my opinion.

The more I read of this case, the more it seems to be pulling Thailand away from either non-aligned status or leaning towards the Chinese and back towards its more traditional position working with the U.S. military and intelligence agencies. Unintended consequence?

The telephone information also showed that the taxi driver contacted the suspect several times.

I wonder of the taxi driver called to demand money in return for his silence?

So why isn't the taxi driver in custody he obviously knows more than we are being told?

I love how the cops keep "insisting" that it wasn't terrorism.

Really? Then what do you call it when you blow up a bomb in a civilian area in a country that is not at war?

The police here are changing the definition of terrorism.

<<<<Police have not ruled out other possible motives for the bomb attack though they believe that it could be a personal vendetta after police crackdowns on foreigners.>>>

Personal vendetta for crackdowns on foreigners? What a crack of S***.... They know nothing so they spout nonsense.

The more I think on this, the more it reminds me of my best lesson (as a newbie) on how to spot katoeys.

A very nice Scottish guy showed me this on Soi Cowboy.

He'd ask the hawkers outside in a suspicious voice, "No katoeys in here right?"

They'd say "Oh no!"

Then he'd look all disappointed & say "Aw damn!'

They would then reply, "Oh but we have one!" and be all proud of him. We'd get him pointed out so we knew what to avoid.

The RTP are like those hawkers.

"Oh but we have one!" all too happy to point at... something.

"He said police were waiting for the results of a DNA test from a banknote the bomber used to pay his taxi fare and other samples found in the taxi."

*GROAN*

So we're back to DNA on a banknote that's been handled by half the population and 8 day old fingerprints inside a taxi that probably picks up several dozen people a day?

Apologies for quoting myself here, but didn't the Koh Tao investigation "team" get their DNA results back in something like 24 hours?

Oh yeah, they are probably still trying to match it up with that DNA from the CCTV camera photos.

What I don't understand is why they didn't stay on surveillance to arrest what they say accomplices who visited him????

Why moving so fast and missing the opportunity to get bigger picture.

For now, everything seems speculation, identity of guy, what he did, and who is with him and his motives????