Bangkok bombing: Warrants out for Thai woman, foreign man

webfact

What colour is her hair? How the hell can u let someone take a picture for an ID card with a headress on?

By the colour of the headress,I am surprised you dont know that? its just common sense.
Yeah indeed. Common sense when trying to catch bombers. Do they wear stripy shirts and carry a bag called swag too?

Brains and gunpowder come to mind,reading your post!!

Well apparently according to a journalist she is already back in Turkey and married to a Turkish bloke.

So, by that she would probably have a Turkish passport too. Anyone in the Thai authorities know that yet?

It's ridiculous to allow people to have national ID cards with headdresses, and there is nothing anyone can say to change that is my mind. If they want to have ID cards, your ID is your face and head uncovered and viewable completely.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fits with the Uyghurs. They also put bombs on buses in Xinjiang.

Thai police seems reluctant to speculate on nationality of detained guy. Police also talks about traffickers. That is formally correct but makes us think of f.ex Malayan border. All this to take focus from the Uyghurs, at least for a while during intense media attention.

If focus goes on Uyghurs, Thai decision to be China's pet dog and send back Uyghurs to China will come in unpleasant focus.

90 Uyghurs were deported last month, even UN criticized the action.

Fake passports found were probably made to help Uyghurs to Turkey.

I think Turkey accepts them, but Thai still sends many back to China! I read that they are afraid to seek asylum in BKK since not even UNHCR can stop the deportation.

Maybe they go underground instead and on to Turkey with fake passports like the ones found.

Edited by thailandsgreat

I am really sick of this plague on the world that seems to under the banner of Muslim. Every day nearly every hour theres something reported about these extremists and now Europe seems to being invaded by migrants from this faith. I now fear for my children and their children's future under the banner of Islam .

P.S. mods if needs be delete this as I am just speaking my mind I don't mean to be offensive to others.

Its because these extremists can't assimilate but want to annihilate. This is seen all around the world. Not blaming the faith of Islam but those who are using this as an excuse. Before those people think I am deforming the religion, I am not. The Christians did the same from the 11th century onwards.

What I found when travelling this globe, due to the job I had, that it is us that fail to assimilate when confronted with different cultures and nations. A process going on for centuries where European and for the last century American culture is forced onto nations that if left alone might have developed their own way on the path to democracy.

Yes, it is Europe and the USA's fault that a bunch of people adhering to a non-European religion who are apparently from the Middle East and Thailand killed a bunch of Chinese and other Asian people with a bomb set off in Thailand. (sarcasm)

Both the US and Europe are guilty of a number of historical sins, but don't push the argument too far. The problem of violent Muslim extremism in the modern world is an inherent problem of Islam itself, not something you should try to pin on the West. A lot of peoples have been abused by the West, only one has end up developing this kind of death cult mentality.

This is a very good news. Congratulations Thai Police!

I didn't accepted the idea that the bomb was trow to the water....and not intended to explode on the bridge. Also I was expecting that everyone of those criminals were already out the country...The only reason for them to still in Thailand may be the planning of more criminal actions.....perhaps.... now interrupted for a good Police work.. Thanks God.

I should be used to knee jerk comments on Thai Visa, but I'm not. Let the police do their job, however competently they can, progress is being made.

Having been involved with many similar enquiries in a previous life, I know that success will come from painstaking police effort, cooperation from the population, careful analysis of information and the results of enquiries, and some luck. This is not a 30 minute American TV cop drama.

I know that won't stop you complaining and ridiculing, but that's the way it goes!

ehhhh..... another ex- spy-cop-swat-commando-mi 6- bar stool general ? spare us please....................

What colour is her hair? How the hell can u let someone take a picture for an ID card with a headress on?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess it is black.

Or ginger, but the point is that it should never be allowed, I thought they said no Thai person would ever commit a crime like this as they do not have hate in their hearts, well i guess that does not include the Muslim Thai, and i bet the guy they are looking for looks nothing like the sketch, he looks a bit Thai to me

I am really sick of this plague on the world that seems to under the banner of Muslim. Every day nearly every hour theres something reported about these extremists and now Europe seems to being invaded by migrants from this faith. I now fear for my children and their children's future under the banner of Islam .

P.S. mods if needs be delete this as I am just speaking my mind I don't mean to be offensive to others.

It is sad that us who want to express our fear of valid threat need to worry if our voices are censored.

Its seems mine has been. But I did tell the mods to censor it as I guessed it would not be PC to make comments like I did. Thats why I said it was my voice not TV voice.

You can not blame the Thai's for her being allowed to wear the hijab. Imagine what all the bleeding heart PC NGO's would b!tch about if they refused her.

I think that is why guys like TRUMP AND SANDERS are doing so good in the polls.

People in the US are getting tired of the canned PC left leaning, Lobbied trash that they get.

No matter what happens unless the thais get rid of the PTT and Dem parties or clean out the money people just like the US, England, Canada and all the major countries the money people will control.

I will bet a considerable amount that this is yet another Islamic Terrorist cell. This has nothing to do with Thailand as such. The game in the Western countries has become more difficult. As a result they now seek out softer targets, places unused to international terrorism. We will see many more of such acts. The aim is to kill Westerners, that's all. Collateral damage amongst the local population will be accepted.

They appear to have targeted foreign visitors who aren't westerners in this case.

Yes, that is a key clue. Had westerners been the target, they could have easily shifted the bomb 30 meters to the Amarin Plaza and gotten many in one whack, or even more in places like Asok, etc....

Yes, Soi Cowboy or Nana is the shrine for farangs!

I should be used to knee jerk comments on Thai Visa, but I'm not. Let the police do their job, however competently they can, progress is being made.

Having been involved with many similar enquiries in a previous life, I know that success will come from painstaking police effort, cooperation from the population, careful analysis of information and the results of enquiries, and some luck. This is not a 30 minute American TV cop drama.

I know that won't stop you complaining and ridiculing, but that's the way it goes!

ehhhh..... another ex- spy-cop-swat-commando-mi 6- bar stool general ? spare us please....................

Yep, I am one of them, but you go ahead and tell us how they should be doing it better as you are obviously such an expert.

You can not blame the Thai's for her being allowed to wear the hijab. Imagine what all the bleeding heart PC NGO's would b!tch about if they refused her.

I think that is why guys like TRUMP AND SANDERS are doing so good in the polls.

People in the US are getting tired of the canned PC left leaning, Lobbied trash that they get.

No matter what happens unless the thais get rid of the PTT and Dem parties or clean out the money people just like the US, England, Canada and all the major countries the money people will control.

That may be true but nor should it be forgotten that 99.9999% of hijab wearers are no more likely to participate in violence than anyone else.

Does he not look a lot like the bloke they've got? This isn't coming from a separate office is it?

biggrin.png

14410017201441002082l.jpg

150830084303-thailand-bombing-suspect-la

Absolutely! As soon as I saw the sketch, I thought the exact same thing (well, minus the doorknob.)

Edited by TheAppletons

I understood this was an international gang.

'no Thais would ever be involved in this'

I still reckon there's some way to go to explain why this occurred and who funded this.

I'm not buying the attempt to kill Chinese at a Hindu shrine in downtown Bangkok. After all how could anyone plan for the number of Chinese there to be present. They might just as well have been Indians or Thai's.

I have a theory, a certain person outside the country funded a radical group to embarrass the government and destroy the tourist industry. Using cut outs to find and pay them.

BTW I understood the police were already paid to do their jobs, sharing 3 million of reward money with themselves beggars belief?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif ere we go ! ere we go ! clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

I still reckon there's some way to go to explain why this occurred and who funded this.

I'm not buying the attempt to kill Chinese at a Hindu shrine in downtown Bangkok. After all how could anyone plan for the number of Chinese there to be present. They might just as well have been Indians or Thai's.

I have a theory, a certain person outside the country funded a radical group to embarrass the government and destroy the tourist industry. Using cut outs to find and pay them.

BTW I understood the police were already paid to do their jobs, sharing 3 million of reward money with themselves beggars belief?

That's no theory, that's a script.

That may be true but nor should it be forgotten that 99.9999% of hijab wearers are no more likely to participate in violence than anyone else.

Ah, the good old casual lie disguised as a BS statistic. As there are approximately 1.6 billion muslims,(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_world) and approximately half are female, with one in a million you quote, there are only 800 muslim women world-wide likely to be violent.

So what percentage would you give for the men?

"They discovered illegal materials including two bags of fertilizer, gunpowder, bolts, remote-controlled toys, electric bulbs and digital watches, according to Prawuth."

Since when are any of those items illegal? Gunpower is easily available from fireworks which seem to be available to the public, everything else is common and on sale anywhere in the world.

Making a pipe bomb is so simple, but it's the trigger mechanism that really needs some skill. As a 12-13 year old in the 70's in the UK me and friends messed about with fireworks and fertiliser and made a small pipe bomb, just to make a bloody loud bang. I won't go into details but is was the simplest thing to make (took about 5 minutes) and nothing used was illegal. We had no idea about fuses though and detonated it on a fire. It put a hole in a metal wheelbarrow we placed a meter away from the fire and that was just a small pipe 3 or 4 inches long. It was so loud it scared the crap out of us and we stopped messing about with fertiliser and pipes after that and stuck to fireworks.

What a strange childhood you hadblink.png

I will bet a considerable amount that this is yet another Islamic Terrorist cell. This has nothing to do with Thailand as such. The game in the Western countries has become more difficult. As a result they now seek out softer targets, places unused to international terrorism. We will see many more of such acts. The aim is to kill Westerners, that's all. Collateral damage amongst the local population will be accepted.

They appear to have targeted foreign visitors who aren't westerners in this case.

That does not matter, there were I think 20 odd Muslims killed in the Twin Towers, as another poster said

a small amount of collateral damage is OK to them.

I would guess it was targeted because it's a high profile religious shrine in the middle of the crowded city business district

That's no theory, that's a script.

A stale script repeated ad-nauseum on TV. He is the quintessential boogeyman

Does he not look a lot like the bloke they've got? This isn't coming from a separate office is it?

biggrin.png

14410017201441002082l.jpg

150830084303-thailand-bombing-suspect-la

Absolutely! As soon as I saw the sketch, I thought the exact same thing (well, minus the doorknob.)

Lighten the complexion a bit, add a five day beard and it's practically a photo

Blond, definitely!

nowadays could be blue

I find the great concern about the headress in the id pic to be overstated, if not unfounded. If the pic was taken without, how would this better help to identify a person, when, after leaving the photo studio, she would probably immediately put on a headress afterward? Then too, people put on hats all the time... The facial features seem to be fairly visible in the pic; it's not as if her face were covered. Seems pretty, I don't know, recognizable to me. We rarely identify someone based on what is above their eyebrows. And what difference does seeing her hair color make? Hair color nowadays is fungible....

Anyway, id pics are rarely perfect renditions of what a person will look like in person, but provide a sort of baseline that can be used to catch a netful of suspects. Am I missing something here?

Edited by DeepInTheForest

Were any westerners killed?