Boat carrying at least 70 sinks off Malaysian coast

webfact

Boat carrying at least 70 sinks off Malaysian coast

(BBC) Malaysian authorities say a boat carrying at least 70 people has capsized off the country's west coast.

The capsizing took place early on Thursday near the town of Sabak Bernam in Selangor state.

AFP quoted a Malaysian maritime official as saying 13 were killed and another 13 were rescued by local fishermen.

Full story http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34136995

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2015-09-03

Boat with 100 migrants capsizes off Malaysia, some dead

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — Malaysia's maritime agency says a wooden boat carrying about 100 migrants heading to Indonesia capsized Thursday off the country's western coast, and that there were an unknown number of fatalities.

Agency official Mohamad Hambali Yaakup says 12 people have been rescued so far, and several bodies have been recovered but he could not give further details. He said the boat capsized in bad sea conditions not far from the coast and that rescue operations were ongoing.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-09-03

I don't think that I am a (A Hole),,,But is this not there own fault? Illegal workers traveling in overloaded not sea worthy Coffins???

I also don't think that you are an A Hole smile.png

Fault? I guess so but don't yet know the circumstances. Must be desperate circumstances for them to make that choice.

Edited by andrew55

I don't think that I am a (A Hole),,,But is this not there own fault? Illegal workers traveling in overloaded not sea worthy Coffins???

I also don't think that you are an A Hole.

Fault? I guess so but don't yet know the circumstances. Must be desperate circumstances for them to make that choice.

Could be paid people smugglers or more likely people traffickers

I also don't think that you are an A Hole.

Could be paid people smugglers or more likely people traffickers

Maybe.

I should have said "if they made that choice"

Edited by andrew55

I think you are being an A-hole. I also think the world is reaching some type of tipping point. There are hundreds of thousands of people all over the world that seem to be on the move. It would seem that maybe we are running out of resources. It seems difficult for people to even subsist in some parts of the world.

You maybe one of the lucky ones but there are many unfortunate people in this world that are only trying to better themselves . The people on this boat could be families with young children. Have some conpashion.

It depends on where they are leaving from as to the reason why. Oppressive governments, religious reasons, economic reasons, etc.
Sadly the paid traffickers suggestion is often the case and it's the most disturbing.

Just imagine leaving behind everything or in some cases leaving behind nothing in your homeland and going to a country where you don't know the language or culture and no clue what will happen or how you will be treated by the people or the government.

I think you are being an A-hole. I also think the world is reaching some type of tipping point. There are hundreds of thousands of people all over the world that seem to be on the move. It would seem that maybe we are running out of resources. It seems difficult for people to even subsist in some parts of the world.

You are right about the tipping point. it has been reached because of overbreeding in countries that can't sustain their own populations, or provide jobs.

It is worth studying experiments with rats when they become overpopulated and considering the similarities with humans.