PM: Rejecting draft charter because it is undemocratic is unfair to the people

Lite Beer

Edit:

In my other life as an Assistant Inspector General for the US Defense Department,I had on numerous occasions dealt with high ranking General officers.

I just wonder how this man could ever have been a General officer as his mental attitude is quite lacking in all respects.

Sorry for the earlier mistake!gigglem.gif

Those that freely point out the mistakes of others are often unqualified or otherwise devoid of credibility for so lofty a position.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The essence of democracy is choosing leaders by election - full stop.

By FAIR and Free election right..... impossible to have one of those things in Thailand where the huge majority of peoples sell their votes for 500bahts... blink.png

A recent survey by students in Khon Khen where peoples in Issan were asked for their views on Abhisit... 76% of those same people asked did not know who Abhisit is.. clap2.gif

For crying out loud! How many, well researched reports, many of them by prestigious firms, do you have to see that have clearly stated that "vote buying" has absolutely ZERO effect on elections, before it finally gets through your head?

Even Korn, one of the few Dems I have any respect for, stated in a televised interview that vote buying had no effect, adding the the Dem Party spent MORE than PTP in the last election, and they still lost.

Give up on the "vote buying" line, because no one with a lick of common sense believes that b.s. any more.

Invite one Western pollster here and do one honest poll. You will get the same results as the last election.

I think this bloke might have some sort of autism. He talks as though he is experiencing an out of body experience and has real difficulty with moral and legal right and wrong. He's cuckoo

You are too observant. The first time I saw him speaking on tv, I thought, "There is something wrong with this guy."

His "affect" is off...and autism is a decent guess. Also, his eye movements are classic for "dissembling".

Love this armchair psychology. :-)

Don't ignore the compulsive hand-gestures, and verbal affectations like 'nah?' accompanied by a brief lift of the chin. His body language overall speaks volumes.

people say lots when they don't think they're sayinh anything - nah?

Edited by Jon Wetherall

By FAIR and Free election right..... impossible to have one of those things in Thailand where the huge majority of peoples sell their votes for 500bahts... blink.png

A recent survey by students in Khon Khen where peoples in Issan were asked for their views on Abhisit... 76% of those same people asked did not know who Abhisit is.. clap2.gif

For crying out loud! How many, well researched reports, many of them by prestigious firms, do you have to see that have clearly stated that "vote buying" has absolutely ZERO effect on elections, before it finally gets through your head?

Even Korn, one of the few Dems I have any respect for, stated in a televised interview that vote buying had no effect, adding the the Dem Party spent MORE than PTP in the last election, and they still lost.

Give up on the "vote buying" line, because no one with a lick of common sense believes that b.s. any more.

Invite one Western pollster here and do one honest poll. You will get the same results as the last election.

Very true - which is why the last election turned out the way it did. The 1% didn't like it much though, the proles voted the wrong way again...

I don't even know how to respond to this one. He's reached a new low.

He's not done yet, thank goodness, he's constantly trying to surpass himself. Which augurs well for the next few months really, there's some fine entertainment in store as the wheels continue to fall off his little red wagon..

Time to order more popcorn and an upgraded BS detector.

... "don't throw the whole thing out because you feel certain clauses are undemocratic, consider that they are there to stop the old issues/corrupt politicians returning".

OK, let's run with that. Next Monday you will get to choose to be the richest man in the world. You will be showered with wealth, homes, yachts, your own private jet and - unlimited beautiful women.

There's just one tiny, little, insignificant thing about it though. At the end of 30 days you will have to die.

Now, don't let that deter you because you shouldn't throw the whole thing out just because you don't like that tiny, teeny last part, OK? whistling.gif

coffee1.gif

Isn't this the plot of Faust?

The chances of the NRC voting against the draft charter for any reason is slim to none. One must remember who appointed them and why. They have one mandate and that is to be obedient.

The unelected Prime Minister makes himself look less than an intellectual giant when he makes statements like this.

I don't even know how to respond to this one. He's reached a new low.

He's not done yet, thank goodness, he's constantly trying to surpass himself. Which augurs well for the next few months really, there's some fine entertainment in store as the wheels continue to fall off his little red wagon..

Time to order more popcorn and an upgraded BS detector.

Make that a little yellow wagon. 55+

This cr@p he spouts, on his state tv show with all this 'stronger together' mantra really is quite worrying to look at.

Thailand, Diet North Korea.

Indeed. Is it my imagination or are the propaganda broadcasts getting more frequent? I thought I saw that clown Winthai at least twice yesterday and the clown-in-chief was definitely on twice.

Must really be panicking, I mean in serious headless-chicken-mode.

You've got a point. i find my lunchtime viewing is now interrupted too.

The chances of the NRC voting against the draft charter for any reason is slim to none. One must remember who appointed them and why. They have one mandate and that is to be obedient.

The unelected Prime Minister makes himself look less than an intellectual giant when he makes statements like this.

Its fairly irrelevant if they vote for it or not. If they vote for it, the who thing gets put forward to the public, who if they vote against it gets returned to the Junta.

Vote for it, and the junta get the charter they want, where they have overseeing powers.

Its a catch 22, and i expect a lot of the current goings on is merely posturing.

Its fairly irrelevant if they vote for it or not. If they vote for it, the who thing gets put forward to the public, who if they vote against it gets returned to the Junta.

Vote for it, and the junta get the charter they want, where they have overseeing powers.

Its a catch 22, and i expect a lot of the current goings on is merely posturing.

Hobsons Choice (no choice at all)

Those opposing the new constitution do not understand. The NSRRC will have no problem with elected governments provided they follow the directives of the NSRRC. To allow the elected governments to do what people elected them to do would be unfair to the people. The people do not understand. Only the NSRRC will have the wisdom to know what is really in the people's best interests. This has nothing to do with entrenching power in the hands of a small elite.

Those opposing the new constitution do not understand. The NSRRC will have no problem with elected governments provided they follow the directives of the NSRRC. To allow the elected governments to do what people elected them to do would be unfair to the people. The people do not understand. Only the NSRRC will have the wisdom to know what is really in the people's best interests. This has nothing to do with entrenching power in the hands of a small elite.

As Henry Ford wisely stated you can have any colour car as long as it's black

Here is somebody who in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary believes the majority of Thais sell their vote for Baht 500.

That is all you need to know about him and the value of his opinion.

Well, the draft charter was rejected this morning. It seems Mr P is now having a credibility crisis. I expect he'll go and wear his tall hat for a bit to make him feel better.

It would be interesting to know if the rejection of the draft was the plan all along. After all, it maintains the status quo for at least a further six months. Very unlikely there will be an election now before 2017 at the earliest.

Well, the draft charter was rejected this morning. It seems Mr P is now having a credibility crisis. I expect he'll go and wear his tall hat for a bit to make him feel better.

It would be interesting to know if the rejection of the draft was the plan all along. After all, it maintains the status quo for at least a further six months. Very unlikely there will be an election now before 2017 at the earliest.

Very possible. Still, I'm currently enjoying watching Mr P lose some face, ebven though he's bound to say he did no such thing, he is on record saying many things designed to get it passed, and the unsporting lot at the NRC took not a blind bit of notice of him. Humiliating as hell really. Expect a speedy propaganda broadcast soon.

Oh, it's here already. Listen up...

My bad, Winthai and some foreigner shill were saying how Thai tourism is booming.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by Jon Wetherall

Oops! Look like "Slim to None" didn't pay any attention to you. coffee1.gif

Oops! Look like "Slim to None" didn't pay any attention to you. coffee1.gif

Apparently the military members of nrc voted no. So rejecting the charter because it will not pass the referendum anyway seems to be a reason that is notconsidered as unfair.