Tourist Visa and ED visa questions.

I am currently on a double entry tourist visa which runs out early October and I am then going on a trip to Hong Kong. I plan to fly back into Thailand at the end of October and then register to study a BA degree course at a university at the start of November.

A friend of mine who attends the university said he had to go to Laos for a single entry tourist visa as it was easiest to then convert it into an ED visa.

I have looked at getting the tourist visa in Hong Kong during my trip but from what I can tell I need a plane ticket out of Thailand is this correct?

So my question is, with all of the new visa problems people are having is it possible to fly into Thailand and get the 30 day stamp and then go to Laos for a single entry tourist visa if I already have one double entry tourist visa in my passport?

You could enter on 30 day visa exempt entry at an airport without a problem.

You might find it better to look for one way ticket to a nearby country to meet the onward ticket requirement to get the tourist visa. Check Air Asia for flights to KL.

I think you will find that it is cheaper than a trip to Laos for the visa.

Great thank you for responding so quickly. If I somehow don't meet any of the other requirements while on Hong Kong is Laos still a good option?

Yes getting a tourist visa in Laos should be no problem and they don't require a onward booked flight.

You could enter on 30 day visa exempt entry at an airport without a problem.

You might find it better to look for one way ticket to a nearby country to meet the onward ticket requirement to get the tourist visa. Check Air Asia for flights to KL.

I think you will find that it is cheaper than a trip to Laos for the visa.

Right buy your cheap ticket to wherever, then you can do all your visa changes at immigration. When you go to do that,you will need all the paperwork from the school.

I would note that if you do apply in HK and need proof of onward travel you can use a service like Fly Onward to book a temporary ticket (legit ticket) that can be used for an application, I used it in Hanoi last month and never had a problem...naturally get a printed copy of the flight confirmation to hand over along with your visa application.

• Like 1

I would note that if you do apply in HK and need proof of onward travel you can use a service like Fly Onward to book a temporary ticket (legit ticket) that can be used for an application, I used it in Hanoi last month and never had a problem...naturally get a printed copy of the flight confirmation to hand over along with your visa application.

I now plan to definitely apply for the visa in Hong Kong, how does the temporary flight differ from a regular flight? Can it be changed or cancelled?