Border Run Alternatives

I have booked a flight Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur to go and come back in on the same day. I was wondering if anyone has done this in the past few weeks and how did it go ? BTW the flight was the same price as doing a visa run by land 2500 on Air Asia..

Cheers

Edited by bkkdawg

Yes I did that just some days ago. On the 5.th this month. Basically without much hassle. I just had some funny looks because I went on an 1 year passport and they never saw it before but overall it was OK. With a 2 day overstay.

I took the flight at 11.50 ton KL, arrived at 14.50 something and went back around 17.10. With thailionair.

Edited by Saenchai
  • Like 1

Thaivisaservice posted it in the newsletter today

Thank you.

I believe Thaivisaservice to be mistaken. There is, as far as I am aware, no 90 day "rule".

It is certainly true that the immigration service has been actively discouraging the use of "back to back" visa exempt entries at land borders for some time. There are also many reports of people being interviewed by Immigration officers at airports if they are found to be frequent users of visa exempt entries. However, refusal of entry can only be done on the basis of legal,allowable reason which does not include a 90 day rule.

• Like 1

I don't know that. But here's the text from the website.

Daily Visa Run Bangkok to Ban Laem/Cambodia for people with valid double/triple Tourist or valid multiple Non Immigrant Viva. And 15/30 day visa exempt possible again, restriction: Thai Immigration will allow a total of 90 days under visa exempt per calendar year. Valid for ASEAN, Westerners, Russian and Japanese. Time spend under Tourist Visa or Non Immigrant or extensions are not counted towards that 90 day allowance.

http://www.thaivisaservice.com

Thaivisaservice posted it in the newsletter today

Thank you.

I believe Thaivisaservice to be mistaken. There is, as far as I am aware, no 90 day "rule".

It is certainly true that the immigration service has been actively discouraging the use of "back to back" visa exempt entries at land borders for some time. There are also many reports of people being interviewed by Immigration officers at airports if they are found to be frequent users of visa exempt entries. However, refusal of entry can only be done on the basis of legal,allowable reason which does not include a 90 day rule.

I don't know that. But here's the text from the website.

Daily Visa Run Bangkok to Ban Laem/Cambodia for people with valid double/triple Tourist or valid multiple Non Immigrant Viva. And 15/30 day visa exempt possible again, restriction: Thai Immigration will allow a total of 90 days under visa exempt per calendar year. Valid for ASEAN, Westerners, Russian and Japanese. Time spend under Tourist Visa or Non Immigrant or extensions are not counted towards that 90 day allowance.

http://www.thaivisaservice.com

As usual, it's as clear as mud!! The statement on thaivisaservice.com is clear, but where it comes from and how official it is, is not. I guess we won't know until, or if, it starts being enforced.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi every one,

I stay in Pattaya now and on October 29 my 90 days visa will expired and I have to go out Of Thailand then back.

My question is. is Thai/Cambodia border still close to valid Multiple entry (O) visa?

I am from Kuwait.

I want to know I can go to Cambodia border to renew my visa In/Out same day or still close..

Thank You

Hi every one,

I stay in Pattaya now and on October 29 my 90 days visa will expired and I have to go out Of Thailand then back.

My question is. is Thai/Cambodia border still close to valid Multiple entry (O) visa?

I am from Kuwait.

I want to know I can go to Cambodia border to renew my visa In/Out same day or still close..

Thank You

Visas are never renewed.

If you have a valid multiple entry visa obtaining a new "permission to stay" stamp will not be a problem

Hi every one,

I am from Kuwait.

Thank You

Visas are never renewed.

If you have a valid multiple entry visa obtaining a new "permission to stay" stamp will not be a problem

Thank you for replay my question.

Yes I have valid multiple entry visa

so I can go to Cambodia border to stamp or I must fly to Laso?

Hi every one,

I am from Kuwait.

Thank You

Visas are never renewed.

I did not replay your question .

If you have an valid visa you can fly if you wish or just walk over a land border

Your choice.

Where is Laso?

Hi every one,

I am from Kuwait.

Thank You

Visas are never renewed.

I did not replay your question .

If you have an valid visa you can fly if you wish or just walk over a land border

Your choice.

Where is Laso?

Sorry my mistake I mean (Laos) not Laso

Hi

My non B has expired and i have just done a 15 day VOA at Chong Chom. As I have a thai daughter am i able to apply for a 60 day extension based on taking care of thai daughter

You did not get a VOA at Chong Chom. What you were given is a 15 day visa exempt.

Sorry. Yes you are right. Am i able to obtain a 60 day visa extension based on having a thai daughter though. With all the paperwork of course

It is not a visa extension as your are now on a visa exempt not a visa. If you have the correct paper work go to Kap Choeng Immigration and apply.

I am taking:

Copy of my passport

Copy of my stamp and departure card

Childs thai birth certificate original and copy

Copy of thai mother ID card and Tabien baan

A residency guarantor (girlfriends father where i am living now) handwritten letter indicating where i am living in kap choeng. Signed by my girlfriends father

Guarantor ID card copy

Guarantor tabian baan copy

Edited by llhm2711