'Defrauded by my wife and criminals in Thailand' - BBC special report

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dark stories! In general, some people are gullible or naive . . . Only loving the flesh and not the soul. How many times and a person loose their nest egg or savings.

It attempt to life a fantasy life, can result in disaster and hardship. Even Thai women fall victim to dishonest Thai and farang husbands. Marriage within your socioeconomic group would provide a greater change for a successful.

LOL. My ex, from my socioeconomic group took me for everything. Started basically from zero at 35.

Me too (at age 52).

Not sure I could find anyone from my socioeconomic group in a third world country like Thailand anyway.

There are great Thai women & there are walking disaster areas.

Unfortunately, they do not wear badges to verify same.

You are reduce the risk; reduce your financial exposure.

But, like many aspects of life, a degree of luck is extremely helpful.

I am a very lucky man; older; younger wife. Been together 11 years.

Recently, we moved into HER ideal home & live with her parents.

This is against all odds!

Living in Thailand v Rest of the World -

Man is king - in the public eye

Lady takes care of everything.

Hierarchy - Papa & Mama, grandma, other relatives, car, house, dog & then MAYBE you.

I suggest that you just get used to it. Change things - forget it.

To sum up, the secret to having a happy life with a Thai woman is to be extremely lucky.

For the average, not so lucky among us, the answer is to marry a childless, sterile orphan that has loads of money and a nice house, car etc with a well paying job that lives thousands of miles from the relatives. Hi so Chinese is good too.

Even this fools advice is bad. "Don't retire in Thailand". That's just him and his butthurt. People with no street sense like him shouldn't. Including a lot of guys on this board who talk about how their girl is different because they have been together for years and have children blah blah. All fools.

Rent, don't buy. If you do buy don't fall for the incorporation schemes. Do it right with a condo in foreign name. Also don't invest any money you are not prepared to lose.

To sum up, the secret to having a happy life with a Thai woman is to be extremely lucky.

For the average, not so lucky among us, the answer is to marry a childless, sterile orphan that has loads of money and a nice house, car etc with a well paying job that lives thousands of miles from the relatives. Hi so Chinese is good too.

Ah but given the proclivity for the Thai to be somewhat economic with the actualite, could you believe she was an orphan, sterile, the money in her account was truly hers', not to mention the house or that she was walking out of the back door of her high paying office and opening up her beerbar? The thousands of miles away would be down to you moving her back to your home country biggrin.png Also, most hi so Chinese don't date guys in wife beaters and flipflops laugh.png

Even this fools advice is bad. "Don't retire in Thailand". That's just him and his butthurt. People with no street sense like him shouldn't. Including a lot of guys on this board who talk about how their girl is different because they have been together for years and have children blah blah. All fools.

Rent, don't buy. If you do buy don't fall for the incorporation schemes. Do it right with a condo in foreign name. Also don't invest any money you are not prepared to lose.

One does not rent or buy children

you care for them

It is quite acceptable to rent a lady. Even multiples.

Rent a dog? Go for a walk.

DVD?

Room - will that be short-time, Sir? We have introduced a blue-ribbon service. Members pay for 10 & get a complimentary hour. We accept credit cards - we are "Benny's Restaurant" so wifey does not know.

His girl was different...like everyone else's.

Yes she was so different that the property was protected with a lease. The business properties were for business and she was not entitled to sign for them. The lease was cancelled and the Directorships changed by fraud - in the company case countersigned by two separate lawyers. And then the court held he could not sue to protect the assets of the defrauded companies against those who committed the crime because as a defrauded Director who was not registered at the Company Registration papers on file at the DBD, he had no power to sue. That has ramifications for every business regardless of what assets it has. But the good people on Thai visa would rather ponder and slur the man and girl rather than see the legal ramifications of the case.

Dark stories! In general, some people are gullible or naive . . . Only loving the flesh and not the soul. How many times and a person loose their nest egg or savings.

It attempt to life a fantasy life, can result in disaster and hardship. Even Thai women fall victim to dishonest Thai and farang husbands. Marriage within your socioeconomic group would provide a greater change for a successful.

LOL. My ex, from my socioeconomic group took me for everything. Started basically from zero at 35.

Me too (at age 52).

Not sure I could find anyone from my socioeconomic group in a third world country like Thailand anyway.

With your wit and charm displayed on here..I think you could.

I think " invest" is the wrong word. If you have children just buy the house in the wife's name and be done with it.

No

Why not? If you have been married for 10 years, and it is only a small fraction of your wealth and it's near a very good school. If you feel insecure put it in the kids name.

The problem is people come here and are married within 18 months and immediately buy a house in the village...now that is complete nuts!!

I wasnt that stupid....I married in 10 months...cunning ehwink.png

I think " invest" is the wrong word. If you have children just buy the house in the wife's name and be done with it.

No
Why not? If you have been married for 10 years, and it is only a small fraction of your wealth and it's near a very good school. If you feel insecure put it in the kids name.

The problem is people come here and are married within 18 months and immediately buy a house in the village...now that is complete nuts!!

I wasnt that stupid....I married in 10 months...cunning ehwink.png

So you married someone you didn't know? Not cunning, brave!

Yes she was so different that the property was protected with a lease. The business properties were for business and she was not entitled to sign for them. The lease was cancelled and the Directorships changed by fraud - in the company case countersigned by two separate lawyers. And then the court held he could not sue to protect the assets of the defrauded companies against those who committed the crime because as a defrauded Director who was not registered at the Company Registration papers on file at the DBD, he had no power to sue. That has ramifications for every business regardless of what assets it has. But the good people on Thai visa would rather ponder and slur the man and girl rather than see the legal ramifications of the case.

We do so because he tried to play the Thai game with Thai rules and had no chance of winning. Then he attempts to use the legal system and throws good money after bad. Just can't tell some people.

He lost the minute he 'invested" more money in Thailand than he could afford to lose. Had he just lived in LOS he would still be enjoying his life, with his wife and children.

Still, there will be many more just like him following in the same footsteps, with a gleam of money in their eyes.

We do so because he tried to play the Thai game with Thai rules and had no chance of winning. Then he attempts to use the legal system and throws good money after bad. Just can't tell some people.

He lost the minute he 'invested" more money in Thailand than he could afford to lose. Had he just lived in LOS he would still be enjoying his life, with his wife and children.

Still, there will be many more just like him following in the same footsteps, with a gleam of money in their eyes.

Not sure that I understand this, "he tried to play the Thai game with Thai rules"..........care to explain "tbl"!

Not sure that I understand this, "he tried to play the Thai game with Thai rules"..........care to explain "tbl"!

There have been so many similar tales as this thread while I have been coming to Thailand that I couldn't count them now.

Jet ski scams, m'bike scams and the old gem scam have been around for donkey's years. Any farang caught in them will not receive what would be considered justice. Same same for business.

Even a cursory google search would reveal that, but still they come thrusting money into untrustworthy hands.

Had the same thing happen to me. Two children.married 15 years. Trumped up some charges. Got me arrested and put in prison for nothing. Couldn't bail out because lawyers kept stealing the bail money. While she and her family stole and sold everything I owned. That's highly illegal in any country. But no arrests yet....

I wonder what her side of the story is ? Maybe you drink too much or you slept around. Nobody plays a game for 15 years.

There have been so many similar tales as this thread while I have been coming to Thailand that I couldn't count them now.

Jet ski scams, m'bike scams and the old gem scam have been around for donkey's years. Any farang caught in them will not receive what would be considered justice. Same same for business.

Even a cursory google search would reveal that, but still they come thrusting money into untrustworthy hands.

But in most of these cases, we only hear one side of the story. There is always two sides to it.

In what way? hahahahahaha.

Serious. She looked like she could have been his student. Or his daughter, as far as age goes.

Thats because most of these men, marry above their league in the west and get taken after they stumble financially or something. Then then come to Thailand and repeat the same mistake all over again. And then they think they have the authority to warn other men about evil Thai women. When in fact we all know of plenty of successful Thai/farang relationships that usually don't start with the guy being 20 years older then the woman.

Generally speaking this is true but there will be some here that married someone half their age and it is a loving and successful marriage and others who married from the same age and socioeconomic group and it was a disaster. Generalizations are OK but specifics can be different

Generally speaking this is true but there will be some here that married someone half their age and it is a loving and successful marriage and others who married from the same age and socioeconomic group and it was a disaster. Generalizations are OK but specifics can be different

"...there will be some here that married someone half their age and it is a loving and successful marriage..."

Er, I don't buy that even in specific cases. Don't tell me it's loving and successful. As long as there's an income stream its perceived to be successful.

Love will have bugger all to do with it. At best, companionship.

"...there will be some here that married someone half their age and it is a loving and successful marriage..."

Er, I don't buy that even in specific cases. Don't tell me it's loving and successful. As long as there's an income stream its perceived to be successful.

Love will have bugger all to do with it. At best, companionship.

Hey JJ I'm trying to keep an open mind here! If it's true then some may come through and testify to the possibility (if they happen to read it).

You're a tad cynical, but I agree there's always a trade off, even with folks of same nationality/race/economic/social/age backgrounds. A successful marriage is having most needs met in each other IMO. Some more so and some less so,it's all a matter of degrees and what those needs are.

Love may even be in the mix somewhere with some despite the age gap.Note I said 'loving...marriage" I didn't mention romantic love, though even some might testify to that, but would be unusual.Love companionship friendship respect is a matter of interpretation and semantics.I just hope success means there's more to it than reduced to an "income stream". But if she's happy with that, and the bloke's happy she's happy with that, then who am I to judge? There are as many different marriages as there are couples and not all can be reduced to the same common denominator.

I just made it through the first 3 pages and I already had enough of TV's finest know-it-all's and professional victim- blamers!

I am so glad for you, that you are handsome like hell and made everything in your life A- all- right!

You are the salt of the earth and we are all the dust beneath your feet!

...or to quote "Guardians of the Galaxy": "What a bunch of a..holes!"

Archived