• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried them all;

The best is;

www.nickthepizza.com

Tel: 038-373-418

Open till 0500

A 14 incher is about 250 baht depending on toppings.

Recommended.

I tried Nick the Pizza one time and sadly was not impressed.

I just stick with the old faithful....Pizza Hut

American or Italian style? :o

Nicks Pizza are Italian style: wafer thin crust but superb toppings and authenticity.

Obviously, not for everyone; for example American style pizzas with thick dough crusts are a lot more filling and substantial.

Also; on the subject of pizzas; the best non-takeaway pizza available in Pattaya is the Stone Oven on Beach Road/Soi Yodsak. Outstanding. I suppose you could go and order one and take it away yourself................

Nicks is so bad I threw it in the garbage. Uneatable, just gross. The best part is it did not make me sick. But it tasted like it would. Do you think this is a little bit to strong of an opinion on Nicks? To bad, tell him to make a better pizza.

There is not a good pizza in this town you can order. The best you can do is buying a frozen one from Car 4. Then I buy ham, pepperoni, onions, tomato, olives, and garlic and make my own toppings and I have a decent pizza.

Nicks is so bad I threw it in the garbage. Uneatable, just gross. The best part is it did not make me sick. But it tasted like it would. Do you think this is a little bit to strong of an opinion on Nicks? To bad, tell him to make a better pizza.

There is not a good pizza in this town you can order. The best you can do is buying a frozen one from Car 4. Then I buy ham, pepperoni, onions, tomato, olives, and garlic and make my own toppings and I have a decent pizza.

Sounds like you had a bad experience with Nicks Pizza; Uneatable? Why? Was it stone cold or were the toppings unfresh and festering?

If food you receive is that bad; far better to keep the food (as evidence) and then contact the supplier ie. in this case Nicks Pizza; part of customer service is feedback from the buyer when unsatisfied.

Your home-made idea sounds like a good idea; but for that to work properly I would need a state of the art oven, pre heated to a high temperature for good results. For those of you with such ovens; it is an attractive idea.

Edited by libya 115

First, to clarify the post made by libya_115, not all American pizzas are thick-crusted... only "Chicago style" pizzas are. Pizza from New York are thin like Italian pizzas, but the crusts are not crispy.

The closest you will ever get to NY Style pizza is the food cort at the top floor of RGP or the Spiccio in the food court of Carrefour, but alas, neither deliver.

The best delivery IMHO is the Pizza Comapny (http://www.pizza.co.th). Many topping choices, dependable delivery, lots of side dishes like breadsticks and salads, and a good price.

Pizza Hut is a close second. I don't like Nick's either -- it's too Italian. I avoid pizza joints that call a plain cheese pizza "Margherita", because they are of pure Italian persuasion, which I do not care for. But that's just me :o

Like theirs too.. Especially their pizza 2000 - loads of toppings and very good taste. They deliver all Jomtien area but I guess they deliver to Pattaya for an additional fee.

tel: 038 825080

try Pizza 2000 View Talay 1 Building B Jomtien

i will try and find the phone number..............

Hiya All,

First time poster & have to concur that pizza 2000 is probably the best i usually stay in View talay & use it regularly, only problem is they stop delivering by about 10:30. Also just outside View talay there is an italian restaraunt, Italian Garden? Its kind of set back on the Foodmart Car Park, got a starter & some garlic bread from there once & it was really good, only problem they had difficulty understanding English on the phone so maybe not ideal for delivery?

I ate in at the Pizza Co once & ended up vomiting outside & never went again, maybe i was just unlucky?I have been to the one in Phuket on numerous occasions & never had a problem.

Being a night Owl i used Nick the Pizza quite frequently (open til 5) i used to ring at 04:55 sometimes & they still delivered! Just about Ok i suppose if hungry after a session now & again, but can get a bit sickly. I actually prefered ordering late subway sandwiches decent service & i think free delivery available certainly from the one near Walking St through til the wee small hours.

I have to concur Nick the Pizza is absolutley foul bland tasting crap. And worth avoiding. Sounds a little harsh but I'm astounded anyone could seriously recommend it.

The best pizza Ive found in Pattaya is a small shop on 3rd road Scobys opposite Soi Diana inn, they deliver til late 4am if i recall. 038720752.

Pizza 2000 in View talay is nice but still doesnt come close.IMO

Edited by johnboi

There's a new place on Soi Kao Ta Lo, Pizzas R Us. I had it last night, not bad at all! It's medium crust, as opposed to Nicks wafer thin. Only complaint is they don't offer sausage.

Worth a try!

038-332-522

They are very near Eaka Mong Kohn 4 on the south side of the street and deliver anywhere in Pattaya

• 10 months later...
First, to clarify the post made by libya_115, not all American pizzas are thick-crusted... only "Chicago style" pizzas are. Pizza from New York are thin like Italian pizzas, but the crusts are not crispy.

The closest you will ever get to NY Style pizza is the food cort at the top floor of RGP or the Spiccio in the food court of Carrefour, but alas, neither deliver.

The best delivery IMHO is the Pizza Comapny (http://www.pizza.co.th). Many topping choices, dependable delivery, lots of side dishes like breadsticks and salads, and a good price.

Pizza Hut is a close second. I don't like Nick's either -- it's too Italian. I avoid pizza joints that call a plain cheese pizza "Margherita", because they are of pure Italian persuasion, which I do not care for. But that's just me :o

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like you had a bad experience with Nicks Pizza; Uneatable? Why? Was it stone cold or were the toppings unfresh and festering?

If food you receive is that bad; far better to keep the food (as evidence) and then contact the supplier ie. in this case Nicks Pizza; part of customer service is feedback from the buyer when unsatisfied.

Your home-made idea sounds like a good idea; but for that to work properly I would need a state of the art oven, pre heated to a high temperature for good results. For those of you with such ovens; it is an attractive idea.

Have to agree Nicks stuff is horrible - he is also a knob so if you complained he would tell you to piss off :o

American or Italian style? :o

Nicks Pizza are Italian style: wafer thin crust but superb toppings and authenticity.

Obviously, not for everyone; for example American style pizzas with thick dough crusts are a lot more filling and substantial.

Also; on the subject of pizzas; the best non-takeaway pizza available in Pattaya is the Stone Oven on Beach Road/Soi Yodsak. Outstanding. I suppose you could go and order one and take it away yourself................

The Stone Oven is now another Indian Restaurant or will be in a couple of weeks.

I just noticed this morning a new pizza place on Soi Buakhaew. On the same side as Siam Sawadee Hotel, just 25 yards further on (going towards Pattaya Klang).

It is named 'Pizza Deli' and looks very clean and presentable. It wasn't open for business this morning, but I shall return in the evening and grab a 'slice' of the best? pizza in Pattaya......

Watch this space for report........

There is an Italian restaurant on Soi Post Office, left side, perhaps half way between Club Vegas and Hot'nCold. It has the best pizza I have had in Pattaya.

I am in Saudi so can't drop by and look up the name but it is certainly worth a try if somebody can make the trek described above and post the name.

I believe you will be pleasantly surprised.

There is an Italian restaurant on Soi Post Office, left side, perhaps half way between Club Vegas and Hot'nCold. It has the best pizza I have had in Pattaya.

I am in Saudi so can't drop by and look up the name but it is certainly worth a try if somebody can make the trek described above and post the name.

I believe you will be pleasantly surprised.

I will check that place out tomorrow. Funny really, I go to the Post Office regularly and have not spotted an Italian restaurant. Can you remember if it is on the same side of the road as the Post Office?