AoT board to consider security fee at six Thai airports

webfact

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just an other scam ,however when you calculate the revenue that will be made it will provide several executives sons and daughters with the foreign education needed to ensure a place at the trough.

Perhaps it may also prevent high profile police from taking unauthorized weapons on board flights.

I guess anything to keep people away since visitors have already paid a fee more than enough in their ticket-Price ... Another thai scam ... blink.png

Whats next ... : Toilet fee, AC fee, bad service fee etc. etc. Stay away from here, its not worth it ...

They'll be charging us next for a stamp in our passports to say that we are allowed to stay here and spend our money. Oh, sorry, they already do! Well how about a "Stoppage Fee" in excess of the normal fee paid to the police for not wearing a motorbike helmet! Oh, sorry, they already do! Well, how about .................................?

P.S. There already is a toilet fee in many places e.g. railway stations, A/C fee is usually reflected in the price you pay for a room (or a beer, if you are drinking in an A/C bar) Bad service fee is already covered by the compulsory service charge and VAT in some restaurants that is not mentioned on the menu! Next?

Edited by sambum

I think you need to put this into perspective before criticising them too much, I used up some air miles a few years ago with KLM to get a business class return flight from Cardiff to Bangkok and I had to pay about £450 in taxes for a free flight. This means in the UK the tax is between 20 and 25% of ticket price.

One question - for the 35Baht fee what will passengers actually receive.

If there is no change / upgrade whatever of current security arrangements and checks how can they justify this charge?

Who says they want to justify it, when all they have to do is announce it ?

So if I fly to Don Muang and then have flight from Swampy get charged 70 baht? Also mentioned trying to back date it if flights booked before September 10 but doesn't come into effect until Dec 01 - guess if you fly before Dec 1 and have already booked tickets you're ok?

If there is no change / upgrade whatever of current security arrangements and checks how can they justify this charge?

New CCTV cameras , facial recognition software, but no cameras on the Sungai Kolok border thankyou! whistling.gif

I believe the fee was increased from 500b to 700b at least 5 years ago....I remember the machines at Don Muang where you would purchase for 500b before airlines started to include in ticket price.

This article said the change was Feb. 1st, 2007. Domestic changed from 50 to 100 Baht at the same time. It is included in the ticket price but not itemized AFAIK so wouldn't see it listed.

Don't they already get a 500 Baht departure fee as part of the ticket price? (it used to be collected at the airport)

How do they expect to collect an arrival fee?

Correct, the 500 Baht fee was absorbed into the ticket price some time back. However since then we've had several regime changes and presumably the officials that go with them, so I'd imagine it's a new money making scam scheme dreamt up by someone relatively new to the department. Another question would be what security service do Thai airports provide that no other country does to warrant an additional charge?

From February 1st, 2015 the fee is 700THB!

http://travelhappy.info/thailand/thailand-airport-departure-tax-increases-to-700-baht/

February 1st, 2007

I guess anything to keep people away since visitors have already paid a fee more than enough in their ticket-Price ... Another thai scam ... blink.png

Whats next ... : Toilet fee, AC fee, bad service fee etc. etc. Stay away from here, its not worth it ...

No no, the bad service fee is well worth it, Im sure they can give very bad service.

If you think a 35 baht charge, which will be included in the fare, is going to keep people from visiting Thailand then you live on a different planet to me. The airport fees at some European airports are far higher than in Thailand.

A security fee for what , what is the aim here , what is the security fee's intention , is it for airport security , travellers security, increased security at temples or is it just a trumped up charge so they seem to be doing something when doing nothing at all, whatever, the tourists are so gullible they will still flock in , including the quality ones, just to say they have been to Siam coffee1.gif

Clearly the fee is to prevent Police General Nop from bringing his hand-carry M16s onto Thai Airways planes.

Come to Thailand and Discover Thainess. Farang already pay up to 300% more for entry at National Parks, Beaches etc. Now they must pay 35 bath EXTRA for some BULLSHIT already included in the airline ticket fee ?

On top of all this their being robbed, raped, murdered assaulted by Thai society and arrassed for Tea Money by the very same "Police Force " supposed to look after their safety ??

The Thai Tourism Industry is already f****ched Up and yet they DONT LEARN...

AMAZING THAINESS

How can every departing and arriving passenger have background checks done at the counter when checking-in? It's hardly likely that foreign countries would allow online access to any security files held overseas. Or is it an Interpol check? Or just a frisk down laugh.png Sounds like a money-grab to me.

Maybe airport staff should have a bit of training in identifying fake passports instead.

Don't they already get a 500 Baht departure fee as part of the ticket price? (it used to be collected at the airport)

How do they expect to collect an arrival fee?

I belive that's 700 baht now hidden in the ticket price.....just another scam for the tourist and of course Thais

Second question, if I get on a plane and some Muslim nutter shoots me or my missus, do I get my 35 baht back. Seems only fair.

Any security fees at shrines and tourist attraction considered yet? Thai greed is endless!

Whose side are you on? Have any more bright ideas to give them? Why not suggest they put a per click user fee on Thai Visa payable at immigration

Edited by silent