How much will I need

robin4977

Hi to you all now I know the answers I am looking for have so many variables but just after a gauge of how much spends I will need for my 2 week holiday in phuket with my wife please let me start by saying I will not be looking to spend my whole 2 weeks on a night down Bangla road we do plan to travel around the island staying a couple of nights in different areas also we want to plan a few day trips to some of the other islands and I plan to eat local food and prefarably not all in restaurants yes I am aware my costs could sky rocket due to probably using taxis ect but if anyone could be kind enough to give me a general idea I would be very grateful

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand is very difficult Livinginkata and according to schlog I have seriously underestimated my costs but thanks anyway

Question - your day costs to include accomodation ?

Question - you plan to eat Thai style at a small place or western style (big big difference in cost). Thai style in a low budget place then 500 baht for 2 is doable including a couple of beers.. Beers at this low budget place about 60 baht a small bottle for Thai beers (costs about 35+ baht in a 7/11). Wine typically 120 baht/glass for cheap plonk.

Day Trips (or half day) - quite variable costs depending on the activity. Budget on at least 2,000 baht/person/per day. Just google Phuket tours - https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?pli=1#imp

I don't plan to eat western style at all my bucket list consists of me eating what the locals do day in day out I am always the same when I go to a country I really do appreciate your feedback and giving me the time you have to reply to posts and I take it a 7/11 is like a local shop ? Regards phuket tours I have looked at them already thank you

Tutti 10.000 Baht per day for normal stay.

Tutti 20.000 Baht per day for a more luxury stay.

Tutti = hotel, transport, tours , food, fun,......

10,000 a day !! For me and Partner hotel is 1290 Baht a night. Where are we going to spend the balance for a normal day let alone at 20,000 Baht day !

10,000 a day !! For me and Partner hotel is 1290 Baht a night. Where are we going to spend the balance for a normal day let alone at 20,000 Baht day !

Tours for both - 4,000 baht, 2 meals (assuming breaky at hotel), another 1,000 baht, evening entertainment (drinks) another 1,000 baht. Almost 10,000 baht right there with hotel cost never mind any taxi costs.

Unfortunately Thailand and especially Phuket is not that cheap anymore. That said, it really depends on you. You can still do things relatively cheaply. Just post where you want to go and you will get more sensible ideas of prices for hotels and food in the area and some useful recommendations. Good luck and enjoy the 2 weeks.

We have booked a hotel in patong for first 3 days the andaman beach suites then from there going to travel south round the island we plan to obviously go to phi phi and also plan to stay 2 nights on coral island but after that we have no set plans just generally speaking to people when there and getting ideas where to go and what to do

I don't plan to eat western style at all my bucket list consists of me eating what the locals do day in day out I am always the same when I go to a country I really do appreciate your feedback and giving me the time you have to reply to posts and I take it a 7/11 is like a local shop ? Regards phuket tours I have looked at them already thank you

You don't know what a 7/11 is .... what planet do you live on. 7/11 is a convenience minimarket and world wide.

average 2 star hotel (no pool) 1,000-1,500 now thru mid nov, after thru mid april 1,500-2,000 ( can find a decent air con room now for 700

meals thai for two ( lunch or dinner) under 500 baht (can be as low as 200 including cokes)

meals for 2 western 500-750 Fuji ( Japanese ) for 2 750-900

Taxi /tuk tuk how much ya got?

Beers 60-120 baht

rent a motorcycle 150-200 baht/day

tours no idea but Fantasea is like 1,500 each which includes dinner

Edited by phuketrichard

You don't know what a 7/11 is .... what planet do you live on. 7/11 is a convenience minimarket and world wide.
Never heard of them obviously all we have is asda ,tesco ,Morrisons and sainsbury ha ha

Never heard of them obviously all we have is asda ,tesco ,Morrisons and sainsbury ha ha

Clearly you are from the UK (asda is only in the UK - Asquith + Dairies)

As for 7/11 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7-Eleven to be found on what seems like every town corner anywhere in the developed world.

edit// after checking 7/11 in the Uk then I see it's not that well know. I guess I have been away from the UK for a long long time - 30 years now.

Tours for both - 4,000 baht, 2 meals (assuming breaky at hotel), another 1,000 baht, evening entertainment (drinks) another 1,000 baht. Almost 10,000 baht right there with hotel cost never mind any taxi costs.

I meant for me not the OP !!

Not a chance in hell of me going through 8,700 Baht a day sitting on the Beach, few Beers and food for both of us

edit// after checking 7/11 in the Uk then I see it's not that well know. I guess I have been away from the UK for a long long time - 30 years now.

It doesn't exist !! Never personally seen a 7/11 in uk although maybe there are some somewhere ??

I meant for me not the OP !!

Not a chance in hell of me going through 8,700 Baht a day sitting on the Beach, few Beers and food for both of us

Right - me too. It's the organised tours that attract the big bucks. We are just back from Chiang Mai last week - rented a car from Avis about 1,100 baht/day (full insurance) and did our own tours, Ok a few hundred baht/day for fuel. Eat at local market, buy booze from local bottle shop. But paid much on a very large comfortable suite/apartment. About 5,000 baht/day including the apartment.

As LIK said they are everywhere in the developed world.

It doesn't exist !! Never personally seen a 7/11 in uk although maybe there are some somewhere ??[/quote

As LIK stated they are everywhere in the developed world.]

Edited by patongphil

It doesn't exist !! Never personally seen a 7/11 in uk although maybe there are some somewhere ??

Definitely in the UK in the 1980s but probably bought out. I had one locally.

OP, you can live on a thousand baht a day if you want a backpacker style holiday or you can pay 20,000 baht a night just for your hotel room. Up to you , as they say in Thailand.

I understand is very difficult Livinginkata and according to schlog I have seriously underestimated my costs but thanks anyway

You've made the same mistake as other potential visitors in assuming prices here will be on a par with India .. because it's in the same general direction haven't you.

You've made the same mistake as other potential visitors in assuming prices here will be on a par with India .. because it's in the same general direction haven't you.

No not assuming anything as no idea of costs in India either that is why I ask for some local advice