Do you have slow service from True Internet ?

circusman

Very unhappy with True also. After a month of being unhappy. I noticed that connecting computer/apple TV, whatever, using an ethernet cable to the True modem resulted in better internet. That lead me to believe the WiFi off the True router was bad. So I connected an Apple airport (apple WiFi router) via ethernet cable to the True router, and felt I was getting better WiFi performance.

Subsequently what I have noticed is that performance varies between up and down. When measured using a speed test web site. So not sure I was really solving anything. Maybe just good luck/bad luck with the timing of my experiments. I felt it would be in True's interest to distribute routers with poor WiFi performance.

I'm using True (30Mbit) in Udon. I've noticed over the last week or so that early-mid evening it can take forever to resolve the DNS of a site, but the bandwidth once connected seems reasonable. I think I've tried them all now, and a call to the help desk also seems to magically resolve any issues for a short while, then back to square one.

I have quite similar observations - for the last one of two months it takes forever to to connect to the sites, and often it fails to connect altogether. Once connected, the speed seems to be mostly ok. It looks that their routing is all haywire. Calling them is of no help. Are they perhaps trying to change something?

• 3 months later...

My 3BB has been really slow the last few days, so maybe not related to True.

For example yesterday and today download of about 3.5 - 4 whereas it should be more like 10-12

Could be , but something going awry with the whole system because even domestic speeds less than half

It's been slow in Pattaya lately. Maybe the rains ?

I have had 3bb for three years now and recently it was getting slow. My girlfriend called them and they said they would reset the connection. It improved a bit, but was not perfect. She called again and this time the sent the technicians around. One of them spoke very good English and basically said "your router is buggered mate. I bought a new router and now it's perfect. Pretty happy with them.