English Language Weekly Tabloid In Chiangmai

john b good

Yes, it is not as easy as it looks. Andy, I don't think I have heard of two Bangkok based publications in Chiang Mai, could you enlighten me as to their names? I know that an office has recently been opened in our soi (Chom Doi) which produces a magazine, apparently Bangkok-owned. I can't remember its name. Is that yours? I visited the other day and the staff said that there would be a large launch party sometime in the coming months.

And someone mentioned CityView magazine? I have not heard of this either, though the name does sound a tad similar to ours! There is also a Tourist Life which also a bit close to home, but seems to be doing stupendously well with the Japanese market.

HIP magazine just had its 3rd anniversary party last night and they seem to be soldiering on well.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

When I say Bangkok-based, what I mean is that we have our main office in Bangkok but also an office in Chiang Mai. Tourist Life is the one that focuses totally on CM, but Maplus is a long-stay magazine that covers the whole on Thailand, but was born in CM. Both Tourist Life and Chiang Mai have English and Japanese content which, through research, we have found is the most profitable mix.

Andy.