If you could have One thing from home what would it be?

GeorgeBrown

I was going to say Taco Bell, but I cook at home. Then I thought about sweet, pretty pink nipples, but I remembered they usually come attached to a whack job.

I pick Racer 5 beer.

Good reply! Had a good laugh at that one. Still I like the pink Nipple too. It brings back good memories biggrin.png

I will second that Tennents Lager , can't believe somebody has not got the franchise for importing it to Asia , it's a winner to whoever does it , BTW just back from Singapore and even that mega city doesn't have it .

I'd rather drink Archa.....Tennents lager was on sale in Scottish supermarkets for £5 for 24 cans some years ago.

I wouldn't drink it if it was free.

Funny guy walked into an Aberdeen pub yesterday and asked for "Your finest pint of Tennents lager!"

Barmaid looked at him with a smirk and he added, "Or whatever you have"

This pub has six real ales on tap and four other lagers for any taste....yet some can't get beyond their love of fizzy chemically tortured filth.

Oh well....enjoy it when you can...not judging....just having a rant while I wait for the pub to open! :D

It's one of these cravings I get , like mince and tatties , or smoked fish soup , mealy puddings , now I'm not advocating that any of them are good for your health , but it's an itch I have and like to scratch it .

I get like that for a white pudding supper....but when I'm in Scotland I remember it always gives me heartburn.

Those cravings are dying anyway....

When I'm in Thailand for a while I miss a crisp sunny winters morning with dew on the grass....but I get over it quick lol...

Non dairy ice cream. In a country with so much rice, it is surprising how little rice milk ice cream, soy ice cream, and other substitutes for those of us that are lactose intolerant, is around. I have found some coconut ice cream that was reputed have been made only with coconut milk. And I have found some soy ice cream in bangkok, from time to time. But, considering that a lot of Asians have an intolerance to milk, nor sure why there are not more substitutes around. Someone could probably make a fortune with this.

On the same note, not sure why there is not more in the way of tropical fruit sorbets. A few of the high end shops in Bangkok have it. That is about it.

"Fish n chips", with a liberal coating of salt n vinegar, eaten from the wrapper,

followed by a "Greggs" Custard slice.

Can't beat fish n chips with loads of salt n vinegar wrapped in old style paper with Tartar sauce or mushy peas, I used to work in a fish an chip shop during the summer months, was one of the most enjoyable jobs ever... its was in a small fishing village in Ireland, a tourist hot spot.. Fried calamari rings mm.. deep fried Dublin bay prawns..

Edited by GeorgeBrown

Seasons (Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer). I get pretty tired of it being HOT 24/7 here.

The other thing I really miss is the selection of cars I have or can get in USA. I miss having a car with a powerful engine for a daily driver, and I miss being able to build my race car.