I am buying a new condo, and I just got a surprising request from the constructor.

They want to wash your (their) money and or maybe just make it easier on themselves as they don't appear to have the wherewithal (modus operandi) to get the paperwork in order. You have everything in order already no need to lengthen the paper trail. Better to keep your detailed account on record at the land office rather than a blanket *money ok* certification.

You are right about account transfer names. They just require the name on the deed matches either the remittance sender or reciever.

Kasikorn, Pattaya. i recently transferred UR 100k from the account (Singapore bank) of a friend who's financial affairs i am handling since more than 25 years. he and his wife travelled to Thailand to sign all relevant documents for a real estate deal. i advised him to add his wife to the Kasikorn account and so he did. when we went to the bank for the TorTor3 we were informed they can only issue the document in his name because a new joint account was established and for the couple a new account number was allocated.

when i asked "just transfer the 100k to the new account" we were told "can not!" when i asked "why cannot?" we were told "can not because no can do!" my threat "then we close both accounts and withdraw the money from both accounts (total of THB 8.3m) in cash was cooly countered with "prease come back abternoon four crock for money".

i had no other choice than to call Singapore to swift another 100k. needless to mention that we did withdraw the balance a few days later after the required document was issued and opened a new account with Siam Commercial.

my complaint to the head office dated august 23 was never answered. TIT!

I know this has nothing to do with this story but I noted you transferred the money to SCB at this moment in time SCB could at some stage find themselves in trouble due to its excessive loaning of millions of Thai baht to a Thai company that has just had to mothball its major steel works in the UK due to the huge amount of losses as an SCB account holder I am considering very strongly to closing my SCB accounts down as I am unsure what would happen should the bank go under SCB is not a government owned bank and this worries me just thought I would let you know I am not trying to scaremonger but I have experienced losses a few years ago as a shareholder when the UK government took over the B&B building society and I was one of those who lost a considerable mount of money by way of share holding !

you should check who is/are SCB's major shareholder(s) and relax.

hint: look at the colour of SCB and think hard.