I am xxx years here...

Crazy chef 1

• 4 weeks later...

There's street smart and book smart, and common sense,some (many?) leave common sense in the departure lounge'

Some of the smartest people I have met (book smart) have absolutely no common sense.

In short, it takes all sorts, but experience in my book is the best, is not expensive, its priceless.

"Experience keeps a dear school, but a fool will learn in no other" - Confusiuscoffee1.gif

I have been around Thailand now for about 25 years,had business here, was with a Thai girl who's family were not well off but decent,for 2 years,now with my wife who is I suppose you would call middle or business class,as is her family who I love dearly,do I know everything,no,but I know more than someone who has been here two or three times and spent it all in bars,so if I answer a question it shows that by the length of time I have been here I know quite a bit but that's me,

So assuming that 1 has worked in a particular field for 1 month whom would people trust you or your colleague whom has spent the better part of 3 years doing the same trade.

I for 1 agree that the more experienced one is a better and more positive approach is provided, ok you get the blinkered looking answers because I know it's so and you wont change that, certain aspects on here are answered by ordinary members who are not as knowledgeable as some for that I ty all for the kind input you share in the grand scale of wanting to share/help.