auctions or timber sales Golden Teak north Thailand?

Hey guy's,

Any info on Golden Teak sales/auctions in north east/west Thailand?

Apparently it's cheaper if you supply your own timber too a builder and have builder construct your Thai style house, rather than off the plan/model ?

But I'm a little skeptical as there are a number of possibility's that your timber may go for a walk without insurance, or insurance won't cover for whatever reason???

For money possibly saved maybe not worth the hassle? Any info would be appreciated, cheersthumbsup.gif

Teak wood trafficking is illegal in Thailand I believe therefore you will be unlikely to find any sales or auction. Also teak is becoming hard to get so the price has risen quite a lot in the last 3-5 years.

You will probably be able to purchase hardwood logs from a local timber supplier.

Common timber found in Thailand would be Pinkyado, Balau, Padauk, Pine, Oak, Chengal, Keruing, Ash, Makkha, Krathin, Sadao.

I am not saying you won't find any teak at all, just pointing out the difficulties.

You may but it is scarce.

thai wood house - Google Search

There are alot of photos of houses on the google results page just down from the top. I was looking this morning, also have a few other websites.

I think it may be very difficult and time consuming to buy the logs and get the builder to cut them even though you can save a bit.

On a 1.5mill baht house how much will you save ? 20% - 30% 375k ? maybe some risk also ?

I would be more inclined to purchase a timber house made up of some teak and mostly hardwood all work to be done by the supplier that way all the risk is with the builder / supplier. You make progress payments and thats it.