Marriage Visa Question

Greetings.

I have not ventured to immigration due to time, but I will have to. If anyone can answer these two questions, it would be appreciated.

1. My marriage visa expires in December. If I go a day or 2 before, do I get 90 days additional, or am I screwed in that it expires and I can only get a 1 week extension.

2. 400k I do not have. The 40k in the bank per month I do have. A) Work permit needed? and :o How far back do they count the 40k, 3 months, 6 etc etc. I understand about letter from bank, etc and copies of bank book.

Thanks,

1. There is no such thing as a "marriage visa" so suspect you are on a 90 day stay from a non immigrant O visa to visit your wife? These stays are not considered to be extend-able (other than the 1 year type) but normally they seem to allow about 2 weeks. You will not receive a 90 day extension of stay.

2. I strongly suspect you will have to have a work permit but have no personal experience. I don't believe there is any requirement that the job has a history.

I have lived here for 5 years. I have a one year marriage visa applied for while here, and need to only show myself at Migra every 90 days and get another stamp. It was updated from a B that got canceled and I had 1 week left and I then applied for the Non O. I have not had to leave the country.

I have had work permits. The question was posted as you can show 40k from a bank from your country and it counts. I am thinking that the 40k either needs a work permit attached or not, as you can do it, again, from a foreign bank.

Thanks for the answers.

1. There is no such thing as a "marriage visa" so suspect you are on a 90 day stay from a non immigrant O visa to visit your wife? These stays are not considered to be extend-able (other than the 1 year type) but normally they seem to allow about 2 weeks. You will not receive a 90 day extension of stay.

2. I strongly suspect you will have to have a work permit but have no personal experience. I don't believe there is any requirement that the job has a history.

I was trying to find out what you did have - it was either a non immigrant O visa or an extension of stay (which is not a visa at all). I guessed wrong without the added information you just provided. What you now appear have is an extension of stay for one year for support Thai wife based on an original non immigrant visa. The 90 day visit to immigration would therefore be address reports.

My para 2 best guess stands but you do have a history with immigration so I would check with them as they may be able to help you buy time if unable to accept your 40k income. I suspect your chances would be even higher if over age 50 as that seems to remove some of the illegal work suspicions. But the fact you have had work permits and employment would seem to work to your advantage. On the down side I believe a normal extension would be about 2 weeks.

Is there a chance of a job before then? Can the overseas income be verified by your Embassy? At any rate this is probably the time to ask immigration exactly what they require and work to meet the requirements. At least you have a little time.

If worse comes to worse you can travel to a Consulate and obtain non immigrant O visas until you are in a position to extend again.

Greetings.

I have not ventured to immigration due to time, but I will have to. If anyone can answer these two questions, it would be appreciated.

1. My marriage visa expires in December. If I go a day or 2 before, do I get 90 days additional, or am I screwed in that it expires and I can only get a 1 week extension.

2. 400k I do not have. The 40k in the bank per month I do have. A) Work permit needed? and :o How far back do they count the 40k, 3 months, 6 etc etc. I understand about letter from bank, etc and copies of bank book.

Thanks,

I am renewing mine now. I am married to a Thai and I usually go down within the last 2 weeks before my extension expires. Its better than going down with just one day left before it expires I feel - removes any pressure. You will be given a stamp for an adittional 30 days while they consider the application. I went back last Thursday and it is not yet ready so I have been given another stamp for another 30 days. Last year I had to go there 3 times ie: it took 3 months to get the visa -not uncommon I am told. A bit of a nuisance if you want to leave the country in that time as you need to get a single entry re-entry permit which expires at the end of the 30 days.

I use the 400k Baht in a bank account so have not had to prove monthly income.

good luck