Health promoting snack meals ... any suggestions?

Jingthing

OK, as I've said before I've got my appetite well controlled with garcinia cambogia.

But I still like to eat three full meals a day of delicious and nutricious foods.

But because my appetite is so limited, fairly often I can't bring myself to actually eat the full three meals. Just not hungry enough.

I always eat breakfast so the meal I may want to skip is either lunch or dinner.

I may want to skip lunch if I had a more substantial breakfast than usual or want to skip dinner if I had a more substantial lunch than usual.
But when I say skip, I don't really mean skip eating ANYTHING ... more like I want to substitute a SNACK instead of a full meal.

I don't think totally skipping meals is good for me ... and I'm usually hungry enough for at least a snack.

Anyway sorry for all that boring buildup, but I don't have very many ideas for what to eat for the snack!
As it's a snack I don't want to do any complex cooking to make it. It must be quick and easy to prepare.

Currently I don't have many options.

In fact, it's basically been only ONE snack option.

A yogurt based meal.

Some plain yogurt with some peanuts, some peanut butter, some chopped tropical fruit, some raisins. That's it.

OK, once in a while it will be some peanut butter on a small amount of dark bread with soy milk.

It works fine if I don't do it too often but at least half the time I have a YOGURT and FRUIT based breakfast ... so that's super boring to eat two yogurt based meals in the same day.

I guess I could do boiled eggs ... but I usually don't feel like that.

So posting here for some new ideas that would meet my quick and easy healthy snack concept ... that aren't yogurt and fruit based.

Guess people with weight control issues in general don't eat snacks. If i snack it would be some fruit.

Anyway when i skip meals I take a salad (can get quite some volume out of a salad without the calories). Meat / egg / fish can be added.

Well, thanks, but I think I will try yet a THIRD time to describe what I'm looking for here.

Not really a snack.

Definitely not a full meal.

More like a small meal.

A few almonds, one egg, or an apple would indeed be a snack.

We all know what a full meal is.

Looking for specific ideas for SMALL MEAL that replaces a full meal when you're not hungry enough for a full meal but still don't want to skip eating entirely.

It would be more than one ingredient but still something quick and easy to prepare.

Personally I don't "snack" at all. Three meals a day but sometimes one of those "meals" is very small (but more than a snack).

Well, thanks, but I think I will try yet a THIRD time to describe what I'm looking for here.

Not really a snack.

Definitely not a full meal.

More like a small meal.

A few almonds, one egg, or an apple would indeed be a snack.

We all know what a full meal is.

Looking for specific ideas for SMALL MEAL that replaces a full meal when you're not hungry enough for a full meal but still don't want to skip eating entirely.

It would be more than one ingredient but still something quick and easy to prepare.

Personally I don't "snack" at all. Three meals a day but sometimes one of those "meals" is very small (but more than a snack).

a bottle beer....just the right amount of calories tongue.png

Salad won't give you calories unless you will use dressing on it like olive oil or plain yogurt.

Fruits that are rich in fructose won't satiate you either because there are no mechanics of satiation that tied to fructose.

You can try avocados if you have a spoon on you :)

Or macademian nuts(king of nuts).

What you are looking for is something that will trigger your satiation trigger. Simple sugars(bad idea) or natural items full in healthy fats.

Salad won't give you calories unless you will use dressing on it like olive oil or plain yogurt.

Fruits that are rich in fructose won't satiate you either because there are no mechanics of satiation that tied to fructose.

You can try avocados if you have a spoon on you smile.png

Or macademian nuts(king of nuts).

What you are looking for is something that will trigger your satiation trigger. Simple sugars(bad idea) or natural items full in healthy fats.

nuts and eggs worked well for me.

zero fat yogurt as well. With or without some fruits inside (not much fruit so the fructose is no concern, just for better taste).

Well, honestly, I did try but none of the suggestions are of use for me.

I'm still stuck with what I've got:

the yogurt based fruit and nut concoction I described (had it today actually, have it often)

the peanut butter, small bread and soy milk

very rarely hard boiled eggs

Avocado ... I eat quite often with other full meals ... especially when Thai cados are in season. So I don't use for small meals.

Not whining. Just saying.

I'm a little surprised.

You guys don't eat small easy meals sometimes?

How about eating out ... any ideas for that for a very small meal?

Well, honestly, I did try but none of the suggestions are of use for me.

I'm still stuck with what I've got:

the yogurt based fruit and nut concoction I described (had it today actually, have it often)

the peanut butter, small bread and soy milk

very rarely hard boiled eggs

Avocado ... I eat quite often with other full meals ... especially when Thai cados are in season. So I don't use for small meals.

Not whining. Just saying.

I'm a little surprised.

You guys don't eat small easy meals sometimes?

How about eating out ... any ideas for that for a very small meal?

Normally I don't eat small meals between. I am less hungry if I don't eat at all.

O.K. A few ideas here:

Try making an omelette .....fry chopped onion and garlic with perhaps a few chopped black olives then pour 2, 3 or 4 beaten eggs(depending on hunger level) on the pan. Grill the top to make sure egg is set ...... then add cheese and chopped tomato, melt and fold. An easy and nutritious snack to eat. If you want more then have it with wholemeal bread or roll.

To vary fry onions, garlic and olives with chopped ham or bacon. Delicious :)

Add chopped potato to the bacon and you have a Spanish omelette.

Many things can go in a nice omelette .....use your imagination!!

Yes that's a good idea. Another variation on an egg meal.

Personally, I eat more than enough eggs during my regular meals so I wouldn't add an egg small meal to my regular small meal options. But useful idea for others perhaps.

No, I am not afraid of eggs, I just don't see the point on going crazy with them. Certainly don't want more than one meal with eggs a day.

Inspired by the good hummus suggestion, now I am thinking an easy way to vary that would be to make a chickpea vegetable salad. Whole chickpeas with chopped vegetables with an olive oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic dressing. Maybe sometimes with one chopped hard boiled egg. With a small slice of good bread. Maybe a bite of fruit as well That would work and could be prepared in a few minutes using canned chick peas.

O.K. A few ideas here:

Try making an omelette .....fry chopped onion and garlic with perhaps a few chopped black olives then pour 2, 3 or 4 beaten eggs(depending on hunger level) on the pan. Grill the top to make sure egg is set ...... then add cheese and chopped tomato, melt and fold. An easy and nutritious snack to eat. If you want more then have it with wholemeal bread or roll.

To vary fry onions, garlic and olives with chopped ham or bacon. Delicious smile.png

Add chopped potato to the bacon and you have a Spanish omelette.

Many things can go in a nice omelette .....use your imagination!!

That is a nice idea, but at 3 eggs with cheese or chopped ham or bacon and bread it is a full meal when I am very hungry for me.....I would eat that at lunch and 2 smallish pork chops at dinner and have enough for the day.

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, TerriLentini said:

Hey there I have started referring a food guide which help to make me tasty and healthy snacks for me. The food guide has many healthy and delicious recipe for lunch, dinners, snacks. You can also follow such food guide.

That was clear as mud. 

I really don't find a lot of foods that are both healthy and satiating at the same time, if that's what you're looking for.  Boiled or baked potatoes (without the butter, sour cream, cheese or bacon bits), sweet potatoes, oatmeal porridge, a handful of unsalted, raw nuts, unsalted beans or lentils, a few squares of 70% + dark chocolate,  dates or prunes, grapefruit (not sure if pomelo will have the same effect).  Anyhow, that's  the foods I eat to help calm down the hunger drive, and quite often in combination with each other.

what would you take with you  to eat that will not spoil in the heat ?

I would say cookies or something like that but not very healthy and snack bars are not much better

just something to throw in your bag that might stay there a few days  , 

thanks for your ideas.....

7 hours ago, oldcarguy said:

what would you take with you  to eat that will not spoil in the heat ?

I would say cookies or something like that but not very healthy and snack bars are not much better

just something to throw in your bag that might stay there a few days  , 

thanks for your ideas.....

Make Your Own Low-Carb Trail Mix With This Easy Recipe

Archived