Kawasaki broke my faring ;(

recom273

I had my bike serviced by Kawasaki a couple of weeks ago, this is the first time the bike has been serviced by this dealer. The only kawasaki dealer in the province.

When I got it back I noticed one of the aftermarket spots was sitting a different distance to the other, thought that the "mechanic" hadn't put the faring or the light bracket back correctly and made a mental note to check it next time I had the faring off.

I did this today - I noticed that the lug that locates to the frame is missing. The bike is a 2013 versys - to be fair, the fibreglass lug was already cracked on one end, and i epoxy'd it to give it some strength.

Seems like the weren't careful when removing the faring and being Thailand, didn't say, "sorry, this is yours, we had an accident." At least I could have fibreglassed it back in place !

Is there any recourse I can take ?

post-78877-14442018424607_thumb.jpg

So they didn't really break your fairing, did they ! They just didn't tell you that your epoxy repair had failed :)

Ok .. But one side wasn't repaired or cracked and had held firm for the last 8 months. 10 seconds in the hand of a vocational college graduate and it vanishes.

So they didn't really break your fairing, did they ! They just didn't tell you that your epoxy repair had failed smile.png

Ok .. But one side wasn't repaired or cracked and had held firm for the last 8 months. 10 seconds in the hand of a vocational college graduate and it vanishes.

standard procedure here, except for when its their own bike.

Edited by pokerkid