First 1-Year Extension - Type O Based On Retirement

In my case my pensions are less than 65k per month (currency devaluation you know) and I season 300k to allow for the balance required to in excess of 800k p.a.

You are usually very helpful - what are my options to appeal if necessary?

• As long as your pension is the equivalent of at least 41,667 pm the 300k in the bank gives you the 800k total you need.
  • Phuket do allow the combination method so I dont see that you've anything to worry about.

OK - what recourse do you have if the Combo method is rejected (Phuket boss told my wife last year that "next time" only 800k in bank would be accepted.?)

I always provide to Phuket Immi an Embassy certified Affidavit about pensions received + evidence of being received in Oz and transferred to LOS; a bank letter certifying in excess of the "required balance to 800k" seasoned for longer than 3 months; Kbank statement for one year copies stamped by the bank and bankbook; copies of Thai and Mastercard ATM cards and all the rest of the bumf.

I can't see what I am doing wrong except the wife has to process this while I wait downstairs as I can't climb the steps, particularly if it has been raining.

What rights of appeal do I have if denied?

I'm going 30 days early armed with Thai and Translation copies of the RTP order (to use as a last resort).

If that pr*ck Colonel is still there this is a very real possibilty.

It is an income of 65k baht or more or 800k baht in the bank not both.

The only time you need both is if your income is below 65k baht.

Yesss - I am well aware of that Ubonjoe.

In my case my pensions are less than 65k per month (currency devaluation you know) and I season 300k to allow for the balance required to in excess of 800k p.a.

Want to complain/appeal in Phuket ?

You can complain here

The main Phuket Damrongtham office located at Phuket Provincial Hall, on the first floor, and is open 8:30am – 4:00pm.

Or write to the Colonel-in-Charge @ Phuket immigration.

Or ring 1111

OK - what recourse do you have if the Combo method is rejected (Phuket boss told my wife last year that "next time" only 800k in bank would be accepted.?)

I always provide to Phuket Immi an Embassy certified Affidavit about pensions received + evidence of being received in Oz and transferred to LOS; a bank letter certifying in excess of the "required balance to 800k" seasoned for longer than 3 months; Kbank statement for one year copies stamped by the bank and bankbook; copies of Thai and Mastercard ATM cards and all the rest of the bumf.

I can't see what I am doing wrong except the wife has to process this while I wait downstairs as I can't climb the steps, particularly if it has been raining.

What rights of appeal do I have if denied?

I'm going 30 days early armed with Thai and Translation copies of the RTP order (to use as a last resort).

If that pr*ck Colonel is still there this is a very real possibilty.

It is an income of 65k baht or more or 800k baht in the bank not both.

The only time you need both is if your income is below 65k baht.

Yesss - I am well aware of that Ubonjoe.

Want to complain/appeal in Phuket ?

You can complain here

The main Phuket Damrongtham office located at Phuket Provincial Hall, on the first floor, and is open 8:30am – 4:00pm.

Or write to the Colonel-in-Charge @ Phuket immigration.

Or ring 1111

1. Is that the Ombudsman?

2. The Colonel is the problem (stated previously).

3. Is 1111 the NCPO ?

I believe that the OP said that Vientiane allowed him to keep his affidavit of income from the US Embassy. OP, if you apply for your extension before your affidavit is six months old, you should be good to go so long as the affidavit states specifically that your income is 65,000 per month or more. Good luck.

• Like 1

I believe that the OP said that Vientiane allowed him to keep his affidavit of income from the US Embassy. OP, if you apply for your extension before your affidavit is six months old, you should be good to go so long as the affidavit states specifically that your income is 65,000 per month or more. Good luck.

The OP clearly states his income does not amount to 65k/month which is why he is using the "combo" method of reaching the required 800K

"In my case my pensions are less than 65k per month (currency devaluation you know) and I season 300k to allow for the balance required to in excess of 800k p.a."

Edited by oncearugge

The OP is using the income method. Not the combo method.

Check post 28 where the OP clearly states his income does not reach the required 65k which is why he is using the combo method !

coffee1.gif

That was not written by the OP.

That post is from ANOTHER member -- Evilbaz.

The OP is Ebumbu and he has never stated that his income level is under 65K monthly.

Edited by Jingthing

The OP is using the income method. Not the combo method.

Check post 28 where the OP clearly states his income does not reach the required 65k which is why he is using the combo method !

coffee1.gif

That was not written by the OP.

That post is from ANOTHER member -- Evilbaz.

The OP is ebumbu and he has never stated that his income level is under 65K monthly.

That is a problem with some threads!

One needs to keep track of the number of OP's .

This thread appears to have two with very different needs/questions.

I feel more confident now. I think everyone knows that nasty guy at Phuket immigrations. He is the cause for my concern. Thanks. I will be ready for questions about source. Answer is "investments."

Be careful about providing "clever" answers.

The immigration officers can if they wish insist that the source of your income is identified. That is very easy for me to prove as my income derives from Government and Occupational Pension sources which can easily be "proved" with two documents.

In your case could you provide evidence of dividends/interest being paid ?

OK, I am safest showing 65k baht every month. So will endeavor to do that.

I am confused with requirements for extension vs. the original type O. What difference is there, if any, on requirements?

Not absolutely certain about any Phuket office quirks, but I use the income method when I apply at Jomtien and also bring along copies of the bank book and bank manager's letter. both of which indicate foreign originated deposits to my account. I don't make deposits every month. Sometimes monthly, sometime at 3 month intervals, etc. And amounts for any particular month may be greater than or less than Baht 65,000.

The only thing the immigrations officers seem to look for is, based on the embassy letter, that my available income for the year exceeds 65,000 x 12. And, I assume, that they can see evidence that the money I'm using is topped up from time to time from foreign sources (although that may not be a legal requirement I would guess if there were no foreign deposits they might be suspicious about the source of funds).

• Like 1

Just for clarification on the income method.

You do not need to show you are hitting the 65k every month. Your embassy, when they provide the confirmation of income, will take your yearly income and average it over the 12 months. So if, like me, sometimes you have no income for a couple of months this won't count against you as long as your 12 month average exceeds 65k per month.

I take money quarterly, and have just done my 3rd "retirement" visa so I can verify this is how it works at least from the British embassy.

P.S. - Don't forget your re-entry permit. Otherwise you will get a nasty surprise if you go out of the country and try to come back in.

• Like 1

Just for clarification on the income method.

You do not need to show you are hitting the 65k every month. Your embassy, when they provide the confirmation of income, will take your yearly income and average it over the 12 months. So if, like me, sometimes you have no income for a couple of months this won't count against you as long as your 12 month average exceeds 65k per month.

I take money quarterly, and have just done my 3rd "retirement" visa so I can verify this is how it works at least from the British embassy.

P.S. - Don't forget your re-entry permit. Otherwise you will get a nasty surprise if you go out of the country and try to come back in.

The US embassy looks at nothing. And, I have read now that with Thai immigrations, I should just show "some recent deposits." I will do that or better next year. Right now, I have 7 months showing 65k+ deposits each month. Will bring bank statement and bank book. Before 7 months, I didn't use account much.

How do I ensure I get the entry permit? Is this an additional form? What would this form be called? Also, do you know correct name of form I should use to get this 1-year initial extension?

Thanks again.

Edited by Ebumbu

• 1 month later...