Mitsubishi Pajero vs Toyota Fortuner vs Ford Everest 2015/16

BeefSlapper

Hi, I am going to change car soon, my choice is SUV kid of car.

Question is to ppl who are good about cars.

Please help choose best stuff.

I didnt review mentioned cars much apart Pajero.

What I want is 4x4 Strong engine like 3.2L disel. Entertainment. Full of sensors and electronics. 7 seater.

Please compare top models.

And you can mention somen other models if its worth it like Isuzu or Chevrolet.

What would you go for?

Thanks 4 help.

[emoji593] [emoji594] [emoji592]

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is my summary for SUVs in the Pajero Sport price range. I am sure you will get plenty of other comments.

The Pajero Sport vs Everest vs Fortuner has been done to death in several threads already so you can refer to those for details. Not sure what your definition of a strong engine is but these SUVs are all pickup based (PPV) and use 180 - 200 hp turbo diesels. They are also all well over 2 tonnes (2.4t in the case of the Everest) so their strength is cruising around at low revs, not drag racing. Acceleration is OK by local standards where pickups, relatively low powered cars and small motorbikes fill / choke the roads. The Everest and Pajero have a more sophisticated 4x4 system than the Fortuner so they can use 4WD on the highway. The PPVs have reasonable clearance and low range so they can be reasonably capable off-road with a good set of tyres.

The MU-X and Trailblazer are options if you don't mind the slightly older more truck like design.

The slightly smaller, car based SUVs like the Honda CR-V, Mazda CX-5, and Nissan X-Trail are worth considering if 7 seats are not mandatory. The CX-5 has a nice sporty feel and the X-Trail looks good inside and out and is a pretty capable drive. The X-Trail has 7 seats but legroom in the rear row is tight. The petrol engines are a bit smoother, acceleration a little better but fuel consumption can be worse, especially if working hard. The CX-5 4WD is a diesel but it is not cheap. An X-Trail hybrid is too be released soon. The 4WD versions of these have no low range, less clearance and car tyres so off-road is not their comfort zone.

The Captiva and SUV's from Subaru, Hyundai and Kia are also options if you can take a risk on resale and limited dealers depending on the 7 seat requirement.

Pay you money and take your pick. Good luck car shopping.

Edited by Jitar

This thread concentrates on paper comparisons between all the pickup based SUV's (PPV's) but ignores the crossovers (X-Trail, CR-V, CX-5):

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/844998-2015-ppv-body-on-frame-suv-comparison/

This thread has lots on Q&A's and some driving impressions on the Pajero Sport (with some Everest owner feedback):

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/839195-all-new-pajero-sport/

This thread has Q&A's and owner reviews on the Everest:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/808978-ford-everest-all-new-2015/

No dedicated thread for the new Fortuner, but it gets mentions in those 3 above.

That should keep you reading for a while :)

This thread concentrates on paper comparisons between all the pickup based SUV's (PPV's) but ignores the crossovers (X-Trail, CR-V, CX-5):

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/844998-2015-ppv-body-on-frame-suv-comparison/

This thread has lots on Q&A's and some driving impressions on the Pajero Sport (with some Everest owner feedback):

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/839195-all-new-pajero-sport/

This thread has Q&A's and owner reviews on the Everest:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/808978-ford-everest-all-new-2015/

No dedicated thread for the new Fortuner, but it gets mentions in those 3 above.

That should keep you reading for a while :)

It does.

Saw the first one.

But it doesn't compare top models i think is it?

Thank you for help.

Its looks like Pajero got more tech.

Like Blind spot mirrors. 360 4 cameras where fortuner 1 without reversing sensor.

Pajero entertainment screen.

Fortuner no navi ?

http://www.toyota.co.th/en/model/fortuner/specification

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.th/all-new-pajero-sport/?gclid=CjwKEAjwwbyxBRCS74T049iEp0wSJACkO5v1DUqZOF4nEPUtmCjl2Gp8qUWmhHp0wyvZBMt4v6FAAhoCjIPw_wcB

Like Blind spot mirrors. 360 4 cameras where fortuner 1 without reversing sensor.

Fortuner no navi ?

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.th/all-new-pajero-sport/?gclid=CjwKEAjwwbyxBRCS74T049iEp0wSJACkO5v1DUqZOF4nEPUtmCjl2Gp8qUWmhHp0wyvZBMt4v6FAAhoCjIPw_wcB

Fortuner and Pajero Sport both have GPS navigation - it's the Everest that doesn't (yet)

Fortuner no navi ?

Fortuner and Pajero Sport both have GPS navigation - it's the Everest that doesn't (yet)

About the GPS navigation, I have a 2014 Everest and it came with both the GPS and back-up camera. I have also driven a Pajero and I find the Everest has a smoother ride where the Pajero rides more like a pick-up truck.

About the GPS navigation, I have a 2014 Everest and it came with both the GPS and back-up camera. I have also driven a Pajero and I find the Everest has a smoother ride where the Pajero rides more like a pick-up truck.

We're talking about the new 2015 models - which are dramatically better machines.

Bought my PJS 3.5 yrs ago for 1.2..

Dealer said he would give me 500 K.

So that's 700 K depreciation. And need to add another 1 million to get top PJS ..

Think I'll keep it for longer . Has it had been a blinding vehicle

Unless your PJS has something wrong with it, your dealer is making fun of you with that price.

We're talking about the new 2015 models - which are dramatically better machines.

I did test drive the new one..

Drives more like a car a lot lighter autobreak is a bit scary .

like the cameras all round I just can't see myself spending the extra money to change

So that's 700 K depreciation. And need to add another 1 million to get top PJS ..

Unless your PJS has something wrong with it, your dealer is making fun of you with that price.

Would obviously get more from a private sale.

But mitsubishi don't hold the price well.

When I was getting mine serviced a man just bought an old shape model on a red plate said he got a blinding

deal.

Cars are like phones in Thailand.

Everybody wants the latest

Would obviously get more from a private sale.

But mitsubishi don't hold the price well.

When I was getting mine serviced a man just bought an old shape model on a red plate said he got a blinding

deal.

Cars are like phones in Thailand.

Everybody wants the latest

It's not that at all... a 2012 2WD GT is still worth 750K as an insurance writeoff valuation (i.e. 80% of it's retail value).

Sure, people may want the new model, but you can buy 2 of the old models for the price of a single new one - that's not a small monetary gap.

Edited by IMHO

I did test drive the new one..

Drives more like a car a lot lighter autobreak is a bit scary .

like the cameras all round I just can't see myself spending the extra money to change

Whats autobreak?

Bazza, go easy on the coffee mate! Not sure who "you" is but the point is the PPVs have enough acceleration to keep up with local traffic. There may be some bad PPV drivers but they certainly don't have a monopoly on stupid driving. I reckon that pastime is well spread among most vehicle types.

Edited by Jitar

Fortuner no navi ?

And you have been driving the new Pajore that´s only been availble for testdrive a couple of weeks?

If you dont mind the ugly rear end at Pajero then I would say go for it, definitely most value for money, comparing the new top models I would never buy Fortuner.

Pajero

Everest

Fortuner

Edit:

I have seen pics at Pajero with rear end spoiler and that´s a must have.

Edited by pbonline

change car ? or change to Truck ?

if you want a 4x4 + 7 seat car like to drive, then you have here diesel turbo > Audi Q7, BMW X5, Volvo XC90, Mazda CX9, Ssangyong Rexton 11,IIand so on, right down to non 4x4 or diesel top of the line Proton 7 seater Exora 1.6 Turbo for 8xx,000 baht.

change car ? or change to Truck ?

if you want a 4x4 + 7 seat car like to drive, then you have here diesel turbo > Audi Q7, BMW X5, Volvo XC90, Mazda CX9, Ssangyong Rexton 11,IIand so on, right down to non 4x4 or diesel top of the line Proton 7 seater Exora 1.6 Turbo for 8xx,000 baht.

The bigger SUV's you posted are no more "car like" to drive than the new Everest - they just don't have the handling, response or body control of a low to the ground, and much lighter, saloon (it's just physics) - but yes, they don't feel at all like pickups either wink.png

Edited by IMHO

Thinking of doing the same.

Nothing wrong with the pajero sport i have at the moment but have seen the new everest and it looks great and comes with a pile of gear in it if you buy the top model.

The new pajero im not sure about the looks yet but what it has inside etc is pretty impressive and as for a fortuner it just doesn't interest me for some reason.

Test drive needed of both i think.

Pajero winning in my books so far.

4AWD

Screen for kids

360 cameras

Sensors on all sides

Blindspot mirrors

Etc.

More sh... then on my new C250

That's your answer then ... go and buy one.

And by the way ... Thais don't count a 'C' class as a Merc. About the level of a Camry for street cred.

That's a bit below the belt Jase.

In any case, the vast majority of people, who don't read forums like this every day and aren't really into cars, are always going to think the 3 pointed star logo is better than the brand with 3 ellipses - regardless of their nationality wink.png

Edited by IMHO

I have a Pajero Sport 3.2 diesel, had it for 2 and a half years...satnav,sensors, rearview reversing camera, nice car. Some like it, some don't...its really up to you to test drive them and see for yourself...the new shape looks nice, i think even the new pickup version looks sporty.

That's a bit below the belt Jase.

In any case, the vast majority of people, who don't read forums like this every day and aren't really into cars, are always going to think the 3 pointed star logo is better than the brand with 3 ellipses - regardless of their nationality wink.png

Are the medieval peasants the one who read forums or the one who don't ? blink.png