New 'Star Trek' series to premiere in January 2017

webfact

New 'Star Trek' series to premiere in January 2017

BY BNO NEWS

NEW YORK: -- CBS announced on Monday that it will produce a new television series of the science fiction franchise “Star Trek,” more than a decade after the sixth TV series came to an end.

CBS Television Studios said the new series, which has not yet been named, will debut in January 2017 on the CBS Television Network in the United States, but will be distributed concurrently for TV and other platforms around the world.

Alex Kurtzman, who co-wrote and produced the 2009 film “Star Trek” and the 2013 film “Star Trek Into Darkness,” will serve as executive producer for the new series. The show will introduce “new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations, while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966,” CBS said in a press release.

The new series is not related to “Star Trek Beyond,” which is scheduled to be released in the summer of 2016.

Full story: http://www.streetwisejournal.com/new-star-trek-series-to-premiere-in-january-2017/12017/

swlogo.jpg
-- StreetWiseJournal 2015-11-03

Shame one of the decent cable channels couldn't do this. Star Trek by HBO, AMC or Starz could be a darker, serious and thought provoking production for adults.. CBS will turn out some family orientated pap.. Shame.

No need to be sorry, I think Star Trek is great and I'm pleased to see it back again. Patrick Stewart and I grew up in the same town and he was was in my class at school hence Star Trek has always had a special place in my TV /movie watching life.

Well I'm sorry, apologies to all, but my inner Trekky Geek is super excited. Ridicule all you like but I'm looking forward to it...I knew my $6/Month CBS All Access would come in useful, eventually

No need for apologies, I am looking forward to it also, Am sure many others are too.

Well I'm sorry, apologies to all, but my inner Trekky Geek is super excited. Ridicule all you like but I'm looking forward to it...I knew my $6/Month CBS All Access would come in useful, eventually

No need for apologies, I am looking forward to it also, Am sure many others are too.

Why do I feel that sometimes coming out as a Trek fan is a little like admitting we're alcoholics! LOL

...my name is Pedro, and Yes, I'm a Trekoholic

Blasphemy. Another abomination.

There can be no true Star Trek without the great and glorious Spock or James Tiberius Kirk. There are only pale imitations.

Next Generation at least was honest when it chose to cast itself in the future, but its downfall was that obnoxious, annoying twit Wesley Crusher, Who didn't want to see him die a thousand deaths? Who didn't want to see Whoopi Goldberg and her ginormous hat and dreads vaporized? The stupid episodes with Q. Awful. Just awful. Levar Burton, as an engineer? No. I don't think so although it was nice to try and convince people that he could be.

The Voyager version was worse. Obnoxious characters and that annoying voice of Captain Janeway. Deep Station version was just awful. It scraped the gutter. Poor scripts, poor characters. Awful.

Sadly, based upon the past TV series one should expect an even worse rendition.

There can be no true Star Trek without the great and glorious Spock or James Tiberius Kirk. There are only pale imitations.

Next Generation at least was honest when it chose to cast itself in the future, but its downfall was that obnoxious, annoying twit Wesley Crusher, Who didn't want to see him die a thousand deaths? Who didn't want to see Whoopi Goldberg and her ginormous hat and dreads vaporized? The stupid episodes with Q. Awful. Just awful. Levar Burton, as an engineer? No. I don't think so although it was nice to try and convince people that he could be.

The Voyager version was worse. Obnoxious characters and that annoying voice of Captain Janeway. Deep Station version was just awful. It scraped the gutter. Poor scripts, poor characters. Awful.

You missed the Trek which actually had great promise, ST Enterprise. The premise of man's first ventures into deep space was brilliant....however it was plagued with some of the most awful scripts to plague a sci-fi series.

That being said, any show that can conjure up a way to show Jolene Blaylock in her undies at every available opportunity isn't all bad

You missed the Trek which actually had great promise, ST Enterprise. The premise of man's first ventures into deep space was brilliant....however it was plagued with some of the most awful scripts to plague a sci-fi series.

That being said, any show that can conjure up a way to show Jolene Blaylock in her undies at every available opportunity isn't all bad

Jolene Blaylock. That's one career that has nosedived into obscurity.

Or perhaps the one who's had three kids since 2010 and decided being a mother is more worthwhile than being the masturbational fantasy of a load of nerds?

thumbsup.gif

Or perhaps the one who's had three kids since 2010 and decided being a mother is more worthwhile than being the masturbational fantasy of a load of nerds?

thumbsup.gif

"Masturbational fantasy for nerds"...now that could turn into a thread all by itself hehe

thumbsup.gif

post-35489-0-39110400-1446626836_thumb.jpost-35489-0-49160700-1446627221_thumb.gMmmm... masturbational fantasy...