EPL TV Rights thailand 2016-19 Bein Sports

jjp

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

399 Baht a month ? Really ? Does one get all the football for that, Premier League, Spanish League, Champions League,Europa League ? I'm not personally bothered about the French, Italian or Thai leagues or about the Movie or "Entertainment" channels.

Use ilikehd.com

sign up and then pay 3 bht for 2 hours, 40b for 3 hrs, 50b for 5 hrs, all the international sports channels you want. including these Bein ones.

Pay at the 7-11 or online with K-Bank online etc.

Sadly impossible with the current Internet speed available in our village ! Hoping to get a better one soon.....but they've been promising improvements for several years now..

This should be fun.

Bein have 16 or 17 sports channels and you can never predict what game is going to be shown on any one, other than that Bein11 shows the UK-televised games + their pick of the 3pms, with English commentary and analysis.

They don't have anywhere near the rights to fill that many channels here in Thailand.

Wasn't really my point.

I'm suggesting that if our experience is anything to go by, you might expect to see Sunderland vs West Ham and find the channel showing the Saudi Arabian Crown Prince's Parrot's Nephew's Cup 1st round between Al Camelshagger United and Al Goatlover FC.

biggrin.png

I've just added the 4 BeIn channels to my True (cable) Package - helpfully they told me it would be cheaper to switch to Platinum from Gold+ with the BeIn a-la-carte.

(which would have been an extra Bt299)

The channels start on 2 August - first month is free - but the prices/package are only guaranteed for the first year (until Aug 2017).

I've just added the 4 BeIn channels to my True (cable) Package - helpfully they told me it would be cheaper to switch to Platinum from Gold+ with the BeIn a-la-carte.

(which would have been an extra Bt299)

The channels start on 2 August - first month is free - but the prices/package are only guaranteed for the first year (until Aug 2017).

How does that work out, when on the website Gold is quoted at 1568B & Platinum 2155?

I have the Gold package on satellite which I pay annually and the call centre told me to pay an additional amount of 299 baht per month which I've just done at the local True Office who didn't have a clue what I was trying to do and so I had to call the call centre again and ask them to explain it to them.

I'd got a Gold+ subscription - seemed to be everything in Platinum, except for BBC Lifestyle - + BBC Entertainment add on, which came to THB1888.12

BeIn on top of this would have been an extra THB299 (totalling THB2187.12)

So cheaper to go to the Platinum package, which is THB2155 (as previously stated) including all of the BeIn channels (not sure about BBC entertainment).

"Can anyone confirm that EVERY game will be shown live and in HD like it was on CTH?"

I am hopeless at maths but ... True have said they will show 380 live EPL games.

20 teams = 10 matches per week = 38 rounds of matches.

Each team plays 38 games per season. (19 teams home and away).

Must be every game. Gonna lie down in a darkened room now to rest my brain.

The ads above mention 100 extra free channels on the Super Soccer package on k band and 200 on SD C band.

Interested to see what channels these are.

Looks like True is going for mass subscriptions in the Thai market with affordable package.

Thanks Haddo. As I suspected the price appears to be at least double what CTH were charging. I know before I go, that my local True office won't have a clue about what to do either, provided they can drag themselves off the sofa, in the back room. Sigh....

Must admit, I'm sceptical on the 399 Baht part too, unless it is all in SD ! The advert also seems to state that the football is in addition to renting the satellite receiver. I could see True getting a lot of new customers if they did do that, but they've never been slow to charge whatever they could get away with, in the past.

To me it looks like you can buy the box as you could with GMMZ and buy a 1 month package of your choosing. This way Truevisions will reach out to those that can not afford the high cost packages to maximise their revenue. I wouldn't be surprised if they started flogging boxes with a certain amount of Super Soccer subscription in the same manner as GMMZ did and latterly CTH. The boxes are HD capable and I do not see why they are not showing in HD for 399 when the add on is 299. Seen boxes on Lazada from 1200 baht.

I do already have a True dish & box. Kept them on with a basic Family package in anticipation of them getting the footy back and not having to go through a new sign-up and installation. Going to visit them in Kalasin tomorrow to see what they are offering. Just a footy only package for 399 sounds too good to be true (no pun intended), so we'll see.

Looking at the poster above, it could be Platinum + 399. That would make a lot more sense.

I do already have a True dish & box. Kept them on with a basic Family package in anticipation of them getting the footy back and not having to go through a new sign-up and installation. Going to visit them in Kalasin tomorrow to see what they are offering. Just a footy only package for 399 sounds too good to be true (no pun intended), so we'll see.

Looking at the poster above, it could be Platinum + 399. That would make a lot more sense.

See Post #256 which seems pretty concise where it states it is free, this will be for the 1st year only.

The only thing I would add is the 199 for True Sim holders is for watching on their Truevisions anywhere app, I don't know how good it is, any comments?

myself i am not interested in the epl.when epl is showing i am tucked up in bed with my beloved [dog] but what about SERIE A AND LA LIGA who's showing them.my tv time is 1am-4am. so if there's no rugby then its footie.

myself i am not interested in the epl.when epl is showing i am tucked up in bed with my beloved [dog] but what about SERIE A AND LA LIGA who's showing them.my tv time is 1am-4am. so if there's no rugby then its footie.

Not interested in the EPL!

You must be Welsh :)

I'm also tucked up in bed when the EPL is on but I wouldn't call my beloved a dog.

However, we will still be watching the EPL on the TV in our bedroom using our extra Truevisions box !

Must admit, I'm sceptical on the 399 Baht part too, unless it is all in SD ! The advert also seems to state that the football is in addition to renting the satellite receiver. I could see True getting a lot of new customers if they did do that, but they've never been slow to charge whatever they could get away with, in the past.

Its the usual TRUE marketing plan ,make everything as confusing as possible in the hope you will sign up not really knowing what you will finish up with.

Each to his own but there are other options.

Not interested in the EPL!

You must be Welsh smile.png

was that a guess boyo.

I'm also tucked up in bed when the EPL is on but I wouldn't call my beloved a dog.

However, we will still be watching the EPL on the TV in our bedroom using our extra Truevisions box !

my beloved ? thats my avatar.

the wife joins us later.giggle.gif

Last time True showed the English/Welsh Premier League, they ran 'as live' re-runs on the following days.

Archived