Best value coastal land

If you think beachland in Thailand is to expensive look at the cost in Europe. To me it is about location and views at least on a beach front plot you know that nothing will be built in front of you to spoil your view. I would rather pay big money for the perfect plot of land and build a simple house that does not cost the earth after all most of us in Thailand would be sitting out under the terrace enjoying the view or sipping into the pool or if your lucky the ocean !

Ive got a great sea view in Madeira 4500m2 it was 6 million baht 12 years ago but Madeira is expensive

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Investing in land near the sea might be a rather risky venture in any part of the world given the likely rise in sea levels due to climate change ...

Try Don Sak, near Suratthani or Chumphon. The latter beach is a real cracker and V_E_R_Y long. The City also seems to have good infrastructure.

We just bought in Khanom. 4mil for 2.5 rai. Its about 600m back from the beach. I just wanted to be able to walk to the beach, this plot is great location for me.

We have spent a lot of time searching. Prices vary a great deal but average around 3mil per rai unless you go inland. Saw one plot in Khanom town and they wanted 6mil for less than a rai smile.png

We just got lucky....

We bought a similar sized plot this year in Khanom for < 1m / rai less than 1k from the beach. Was indeed oil palm land, but they were cleared out the way for 60k. Govt road on 2 boundaries and electric already in place, and dug a well which seems well resourced for 30k.

Was a steal imo but know of really good land along a main road even closer to the beach for slightly less per rai than we paid - 5 rai lot though.

It is true that smaller plots are harder to come by, and overpriced, and that beach land is a lot more expensive and even less likely to come in small plots (partly due to the distance between the beach road and the beach).

Still big bargains to be had if you don't want beachfront though..

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

We just bought in Khanom. 4mil for 2.5 rai. Its about 600m back from the beach. I just wanted to be able to walk to the beach, this plot is great location for me.

We have spent a lot of time searching. Prices vary a great deal but average around 3mil per rai unless you go inland. Saw one plot in Khanom town and they wanted 6mil for less than a rai smile.png

We just got lucky....

We bought a similar sized plot this year in Khanom for < 1m / rai less than 1k from the beach. Was indeed oil palm land, but they were cleared out the way for 60k. Govt road on 2 boundaries and electric already in place, and dug a well which seems well resourced for 30k.

Was a steal imo but know of really good land along a main road even closer to the beach for slightly less per rai than we paid - 5 rai lot though.

It is true that smaller plots are harder to come by, and overpriced, and that beach land is a lot more expensive and even less likely to come in small plots (partly due to the distance between the beach road and the beach).

Still big bargains to be had if you don't want beachfront though..

Good price...

I like Khanom, getting a little more developed but still great..

We have also been looking to put about 5 million baht to buy some land. Would there be a problem if one bought a good piece of land and left it to be used in the far future? We live in Bangkok and have another 15 years of working life before thinking of retiring. Will the land be safe or is there a danger of intruders, settlers, mafia types? With both of us working, we would be able to go see the land only 1-2 times each year. We will only buy land with a clear title/chanote.

No one can live or reside in your land but squatters may try. 5 million is a lot of money & fir that money you'll get a lot of land in a great location

My budgets a lot less than that and I don't have the money to build at present so again it'll sit empty until it's built in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one can live or reside in your land but squatters may try. 5 million is a lot of money & fir that money you'll get a lot of land in a great location

My budgets a lot less than that and I don't have the money to build at present so again it'll sit empty until it's built in.

for 5 million you get a lot of land in a great location? Care to share where?

In fact I think you're wrong, and I think you know, because you're posting many threads like this one for the past 7 or 8 months, and you still haven't found land at the price you think it should be.

5 million will buy you a lot of land indeed, but not in a great location.

Try Bang Saray Eastside of Suk, half Rai for less than 2 Mil and only 5 minutes to beaches, 15 minutes to Patters.

Thx. Too much money there now.

Others have asked, so I will as well - What is your Budget, 1-2 mil is not overly expensive. you might do better in Rayong, Maptaput, or down in Hat Yai, Song Kla area - also I hear the ppty in Burma coastal is always a Steal...........whistling.gif

Thanks, I'm looking 1 million bt region

I've been looking at the usual agents sites and some land plots have been for sale so long that the prices are crazy. Just people trying to get rich quick maybe!!

I'm open to areas but coastal would be my preference

My wife is from Udon but again there prices seem to be crazy as villagers want the money to seem to get rich!

I see no point in buying land and building a property that won't realise it's land & build cost after completion

That seems crazy to me.

I'm not looking to build & sell it but if it's not worth what I paid then it's not for me

Are you aiming your comment at me?

That wouldn't have been too difficult to figure out I guess, taken that I quoted your post.

But I know you gonna call me a troll or whatever, because it's obvious from your previous posts that you don't like the truth, and still think that you can beat the market.

That wouldn't have been too difficult to figure out I guess, taken that I quoted your post.

But I know you gonna call me a troll or whatever, because it's obvious from your previous posts that you don't like the truth, and still think that you can beat the market.

What a &lt;deleted&gt;.

Not trying to beat the market but you, that's another story!!!

What a <deleted>.

Not trying to beat the market but you, that's another story!!!

See, I told you that you don't like to hear the truth, no reason though to use foul language, it only proofs what kind of person you are.

You want to deny your posted another 5 threads, with the same silly topic, in the past 8 months?

And you still don't get it that what you're looking for isn't available at the price you think it's worth?

And what about me? Please tell my story for everyone to read.

People that would buy land they can`t own, have no powers over and could be turfed off at a moments notice must be nuts. I`ll never understand the thinking of those that do.

Wife will buy. Nuff said.

Imagine investing a lot of cash into something that is based on the continued well being and loyalty of someone else.

The best of British luck to you, seriously, I hope it all works out for the future. For me, not on your Nellie.

People that would buy land they can`t own, have no powers over and could be turfed off at a moments notice must be nuts. I`ll never understand the thinking of those that do.

Imagine investing a lot of cash into something that is based on the continued well being and loyalty of someone else.

The best of British luck to you, seriously, I hope it all works out for the future. For me, not on your Nellie.

Yes, it's a difficult one. Been married a long time now.

I do know people who've lost everything they had though.

It's not for everyone

Yes, it's a difficult one. Been married a long time now.

I do know people who've lost everything they had though.

It's not for everyone

You are probably over 21, footloose and fancy free, not my business to tell you what to do, nor would I. As long as you realise you are taking a risk then it`s your decision and your life. Different strokes for different folks.

Given the amounts we're talking about, I'd be more concerned that I'd chosen to marry someone that I didn't trust with 20 grand, than the risk of losing 20 grand.

Would also be concerned that I'd ended up in a position where losing that amount of money would cause serious repercussions for my future.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Quote not avail..

Climate change: even ten feet in a century, he said not on the beach..

Then even fifteen minutes away..enough for a tsunami.

I don't think it's a concern, unless waves are splashing over your seawall.

I'll sell my land in Hawaii, in cold forest to move to a warm beach town mentioned above.. Thanks

Alohz

Thanks, I'm looking 1 million bt region

I've been looking at the usual agents sites and some land plots have been for sale so long that the prices are crazy. Just people trying to get rich quick maybe!!

I'm open to areas but coastal would be my preference

My wife is from Udon but again there prices seem to be crazy as villagers want the money to seem to get rich!

I see no point in buying land and building a property that won't realise it's land & build cost after completion

That seems crazy to me.

I'm not looking to build & sell it but if it's not worth what I paid then it's not for me

a lot of areas from Phang Nga to Krabi, Chanthaburi, Prachuap. I think you probably should narrow down your search first to where exactly you like to buy and then take enough time to look around for deals in the area. Takes a lot time and effort if you like to find a good deal. Also once you narrow down your search, you get a better idea of realistic pricing in the area. Also check for land that is in the process of repossession and coming up for auction.