HP Printers extreme expensieve in Thailand?

recycler

I need a new printer for my home office and as I've always had HP I wanted to buy a HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw. In Thailand it's priced at 29,400 Baht. Now I work for a European company and they should pay for it and they looked in Europe where it's prices at 321 Euro (12,407 Baht)!

A bit of a hefty price difference where most IT stuff is prices similar to the international prices so I wondered if anybody has an explanation for this.

I looked at the more or less comparable Brother MFC-9140CDN and it's 16,990 Baht, not cheap, but more in line with international prices.

I had a duplexing color laser once but decided that my cheap little Brother Office Jet was quite good enough. The laser was an expensive Kyocera that cost in the neighborhood of $1,500. It collected toner particles in places that were hard to clean and changing the various toner cartridges was a pain. I finally passed it on to a colleague and have been quite happy with the ease of maintenance of a succession of Brother all-in-ones. When one wears out, a newer model has usually cost around $250. The scanner and copy functions work well. For B&W, I use a cheap Brother laser. If you print unimportant documents in economy mode, the cartridges last for a long time.

Hi, I'm a new member.

Not sure about prices but I bought a new ( for Thailand ) HP printer Officejet Pro 6830 in November 2014 ( already in EU market for a year ) ( on the strength of good experience in the past with HP ).

The print quality was excellent BUT no inks available in all of Thailand for 5 months, I had to import from UK.

The biggest headache is that it leaves a very large margin either bottom ( portrait ) or side of page ( landscape ) and I have found no way to alter this.

When checking for 4 hours with HP engineers with different laptops and versions of Windows and Office the problem is that it will only print full page, meaning small margins, using Office 2007. They can give me no reason or advice on how to fix. Sometimes it will print full page when printing from a web page but never direct with cable or using WiFi. I never had this problem before with either HP or Epsom printers using any Windows or Office programs. Be warned if buying here !!!

If any one can help on solving this problem I would be grateful to hear from them.